9/4/18 - Donuts and Back to Work

M

Muzzaman

Morning all. Waiting for my train into work. After two weeks off, one week of that sick, it's back to work. I didn't win a lottery.

The Sun hasn't peeked, it is cool and feeling more like fall than summer. We still have nice days coming up but not like in past years. Fingers crossed the weather will be what is forecasted for Saturday, as I'm in a beach volleyball tournament at a lake about an hour and a half away from Calgary.

Hope everyone had a nice long weekend. I see many of you got rain. We had company from Edmonton staying with us who came down for Calgary's Pride festival. I didn't realize that Calgary Pride had grown into Canada's 2nd largest. I would not have thought that given Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver are the big three. But I wouldn't know as I've only ever gone to one and that was 15 years, and because the beer garden was across the street from where I used to live. Lol! They went and had a good time. I rested up for going back to work.

My in laws are coming on Wednesday for a visiting as they pass through Calgary to visit my father in law's brother.

Vball on saturday, and a hike called tent ridge on Sunday.

Have a great week everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mornin' all, my goodness, Muzza, tis a wonder you find time to rest. Or do you at all? LOL. Rained during the wee hours this a.m. , so tis gloomy, grey, overcast as more is predicted. Tis 70 at 7:30 a.m. but really not supposed to go beyond 75. Just so humid. Ugh. Have errands today, this was the last big tourist weekend, I think. I know the flea mart had radio ads about last weekend, even changing the day to Sunday from Monday.
Think I got the car about 98% dry, sure cannot do any more today. LOL Not even drive with windows open, (rain), or put heater on(too warm). LOL
Take care, perk up, only 4 days to the weekend. :)

Good morning! 7 more days and my six weeks with this cast is OVER! I should have my kids make me a paper chain countdown. Hahaha! House is so quiet. Kids at school, husband working, and the dog is asleep. What will I binge watch today?! I practice Intermittent fasting and just came off a 36 hour fast so I'm off to eat something. The kitchen is calling me! ~Mandy

Muzz - Hope you enjoyed your hike!! I can't wait for my foot to be healthy and start hiking again (if cooler weather ever finds it way to me)! Enjoy the visits with your in-laws. I learned over the weekend that in addition to the annual Pride festival that is well known there is also a Black Pride festival. Is the same true for Canada? I never realized. Learn something new everyday!

Poirot - I do enjoy a good Agatha Christie story! I watched all the Miss Marple's not too long ago. Yes, I always laugh when he tries to get his little gray cells working! Speaking of gray I hope some sun peeks out from behind all the clouds for you!

IamRed - I'm right there with you. Soooo over the 90+ days. Have a good day at work.

Of course our low was 84F last night and we're off to a bright sun-filled day. At least the temperature should be 100F [humid] today because in 2 days we're 106-108F. I am almost cranky after that weather report. Maybe it is time to do Fall cleaning and decorating so I have some Autumn beauty to enjoy.

Muzza: your schedule is dizzying but sounds like great fun. Except when you are ill of course. Enjoy the in-laws visit and have fun this weekend.

Red: oh you leave for work just as the heat presses in for the day. Hope your work place is cool.

Poirot: glad your auto has dried from the rain downpour. Enjoy your errands in the nice weather.

Take care everyone and enjoy our short week.

Morning Everyone,
Sorry to be missing for so long, but I had a lovely 4 1/2 day mini vacation, in which for the most part I just relaxed. I did make a trip to the Girl Scout store to pick up the badges we owe to the troop, that was a $134 cash drop, but the girls worked hard for the money (from cookies sales) and for those badges, so they are well deserved.
Gena started school today, I managed to get her to let me take a picture of her in her "class of" shirt, which is a tradition I started in Kindergarten, but she doesn't find it amusing anymore.
This year 3rd Grade, 2nd Grade, 1st grade
upload_2018-9-4_9-20-54.png upload_2018-9-4_9-22-18.png upload_2018-9-4_9-27-42.png

Muzz -glad you are well enough to go back to work today.
Poirot - I home you can dodge rain drops, I'm sick of rain, but we have more in the forecast for tomorrow.
Red - yuck at 91* in September
Noel - I have no words for you never ending heat.
MPM - Hurrah, only 1 more week until you're free!!

Happy Tuesday!!

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-4_9-27-11.png
    upload_2018-9-4_9-27-11.png
    145.2 KB · Views: 1
Quick post before getting into the thick of it. Crazy week ahead with a capital C-R-A-Z-Y. We do a special paper that goes out to everyone in the area several times a year, so looking at about 20 or so pages to finish by the end of this week. It's also a week for meeting coverage around the county I live in; and we're getting a pretty crazy event happening in our area this Thursday. It's almost tragic that it all hit this week; I hate to look at a day off negatively, but there's a lot to do this week and now there's one less day to do it. Aaah!

Muzzaman - Don’t we all bank on that winning lotto ticket! Sorry for the rough start back and for having to deal with being sick when you should have been able to relax. Hope you’re feeling better now. Hoping for nice weather for your tournament!

Poirot - You deal with a Labor Day flea market too? We have something similar where I live, and it gets so crazy! Hope your car dries out soon; I had a similar issue once and had to sprinkle baking soda on the seats and floorboard to kill the smell.

MPM - Seven more days!!!! Hope you enjoy the peace and quiet and get to binge something entertaining.

Noel - I vote we all do fall cleaning and decorating. Maybe we’ll be lucky and it’ll summon the Pumpkin King. Sooo ready for fall!

Manda - She is so precious!!! They grow up so fast!

Robin - Good for you! And I’m glad you received that; there’s no need for shaming or scolding. It’s a lifestyle, and we all backslide sometimes.

Hi everybody .

Another hot humid day here in the 90s with high humidity. I'm in the office dealing with issues, putting out fires, and working on state reporting. At this point I'd rather be out in the nasty heat.

Work is calling. I don't know if I'll make it back to respond to your posts.

Another partly cloudy day here. High mid 80s. Today I went to my friend's
school. Other friend and I almost got all the labels on the books. I plan
to work in ditch Wed and Thur AM before rain comes. Once the rain starts
it will for over a week according to the forecast.

OC, sorry to hear about your blood pressure

Muzzaman, sounds like you had another great vacation.

Poirot, I'm glad your car is almost dry.

rs, sorry to hear your day back to work not a good one.

I hope everyone has a good rest of the day.

Last edited:
OC - I sure hope you feel better soon and that the doctor is able to find a good solution for you medication.
RS - hoping you have all the fires out and can relax a bit.
kat - you must work fast at labeling books.

There's someone helping me with the labels. I make sure correct label goes on
book. I put label on and she puts a clear label on top because the ink smears.

manda, thanks for posting Gena's first day picture.

Rained all day, still raining. And now, there are "possibilities" of flash flooding. Rain rest of week. Sigghhhh. So, did not do errands today cuz of rain, and just getting car dried out, but a MUST for tomorrow. No longer can delay.
Mandy, Gena looks so cute, let us know what lst day was like for her today! Kat, it is truly great you helping out like this. I know it is greatly appreciated. Our library has a lot of volunteers, so understand. OC, there are so many different kinds of BP meds, a shame you have such a bad reaction. Hubby has nasty reactions to all kinds of meds............he never took pills of any kind, all his life, even hated if he had to take an aspirin. Now, when he gets a med, well, there are a lot of things he learned he can't take. When they have the "expired meds" cleanup sweep, you would not believe what I have taken there!
MPM..you, too, with lst day of school. Gonna be fun to hear the impressions.
I remember when my daughter came home lst day of first grade, very upset. Everyone said she would learn to read in lst grade, and she didn't. (no idea why she thought 1 day would do it! LOL)
Have a good evening, everyone!

Poirot, I feel for your husband. I always knew I was going to be in trouble if/when I ever got to a place where I would absolutely have to take medication.

Just had a charcoal gray cat walk through my yard. I think it's the same one I saw a few days ago. I'd like to put out food for him but the raccoons would get it before the cat would find it. Sure is quiet with the cows out of sight.

Back