9-8-2017 - Donuts & Happy Birthday!

Noel

Reaction score
Wishing our stellar KT a birthday filled with love, joy, fun and adventures!! And a little gift:
ktgift.jpg

And a birthday cake!

17dffb7a648ba127141f6c5c40c72184.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooh, I just love the birthday pictures! Kt, I'd put one up for you if I could, but just know my wishes for a good birthday are "bigger'n Dallas" anyway! You are a dear friend and I hope and pray the very best for you today and in all your days yet to come.

Another chilly morning here. Was 56* when I got up. Will be back into the upper 80s* later. Next week we'll see upper 90* again, which doesn't bother me, since I know we'll be cold way too soon for me.

I need to go to Wal-Mart today. I'm sure I'm going to think about A. Guy when I get there! The challenge is getting there. I really need to give the husband a haircut, followed by a bath. That could take the rest of the morning. Guess I'd better get moving.

Good morning everyone,

Happiest of Birthdays to KT! Hope it's lovely! Best wishes for the next year for you.

It's sunny out but cool right now. We're to get to 71F, which should feel really nice in this sun. Here and there a few leaves on a few of the trees are changing color, but it's still overwhelmingly green. I have Spanish class this afternoon, including a vocabulary test. I have a huge schedule overall, but the credits will pay off:

Mondays:
Intermediate Spanish I (1:30-2:35)
Foundations of Conflict Analysis (4-6:50)
International Human Rights (7:10-10PM)

Tuesdays:
Intermediate Hebrew (10-12PM), but this is at Gratz College across the street from me
Mediation (4-6:50)

Wednesdays:
Spanish (1:30-2:35)
Social Life of War (4-6:50)

Fridays:
Spanish (1:30-2:35)

Now y'all will know the reason if I am delayed on coming on here! In any case, the mediation ends late October, so that shouldn't be too much.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Happy Birthday KT!!

th

Another chilly morning, to the point that I actually got out my jacket today. I'm feeling exhausted today, more so than normal, and I slept for 8 hours. I just feel drained.

DaysD - that sounds like a very heavy school schedule. Best wishes for a productive semester.

OC - ugh haircut and bath in one day sounds like a challenging task with a stubborn hubby. Good luck.

Noel - I was so used to your other picture, that I had to do a double take on your post to see who it was. :rolleyes:

Happy Friday

Happy birthday, KT. I love all the birthday cake pictures everyone comes up with!!

Yay! It is actually raining here this morning. I can't remember the last time I heard rain on the roof! May or June??? The bad news is there is also lightning and thunder. This tinder dry area does NOT need lightning. I hope it is all staying up in the clouds and not striking any trees.

Wishing you all a joyous and safe day.

OC: oh, a long drive and then long walk through Walmart plus bathing your hubby. Sure hope you ate your Wheaties this morning [I know you will understand that saying]. If I can be half as energetic as you are today, OC, I will consider myself a success!

Days: that sounds a schedule to keep you very busy but we all know you will excel in classes. Learning Hebrew is a challenge so I will be interested in your progress. [I took a preliminary class once and was very challenged].
Enjoy your nice weather!

Manda: maybe the stress of more guest bugs via your tenant zapped your strength. It would mine. So glad you have two days to rest and relax coming up. Oh, wait til my Halloween avatar [wink].
:clap::clap:

Lil0: Great to hear you have rain and no lightning strikes so far! Enjoy watching your garden grow again.

Just love looking all the creative birthday cakes you all post for KT.:)

Happy Star Trek day to everyone. The show started 51 years ago today.

This morning above was 50. It's going to be in the low 80s this weekend.

A busy morning. I went to Lowe's and bought four bags of mulch.

I got to my squeeze test an hour early. They're doing 3D images now.
Then I got my flu shot. I had to wait awhile for that. I got the quad shot.
They didn't ask what I wanted. Insurance paid for it.

OC, I hope you got to Walmart today.

DaysD, good luck with your busy schedule.

Lil0, I'm glad it's raining where you are. I hope it helps with the fires.

I hope everyone has a great afternoon and evening.

Happy Birthday KT! I hope you have an awesome day and clear skies this evening to watch the beautiful solar system.

Days - your school schedule looks tough to me. I would fully understand if we don't hear from you very often.

Manda - just the thought of all you have to do AGAIN because of the bugs would make me tired.

Another hot, smoky day today. We're supposed to get a shift in the wind and clear up some this weekend. It's been hard to be stuck inside for over a week now but we are so much more fortunate than some. All the high school football games have been cancelled for the weekend and the grade school started Wednesday but the kids are not allowed recess or stand out and wait for the buses.

Have a good day.

Good afternoon to all. The weather her is cool and pleasant, but there are no children on the street to enjoy it. They've all been taken off to school.

Days D: good luck with the Spanish vocabulary test. I can still recall German vocabulary tests way back in high school. The worst part was remembering whether a noun was masculine, feminine, or neuter. (Some were obvious, but others were hardly intuitive.) And once you finish conflict analysis, you'd have plenty of work waiting for you in Salem.

Happy birthday kt. Our beagle has been back in the kitchen whipping up a birthday cake for you. (Usually, she only goes into the kitchen to beg for treats.)
image-1-300x225.jpg

Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes! What creative minds you have!

stellar KT

Thanks a good one Noel, thank you!

JS: that's a lovely cake! If Sparky was sitting there, he'd be tearing into it. I'd have to fight for my rights! Thank you!

my wishes for a good birthday are "bigger'n Dallas" anyway!

I love it OC! I don't think I could handle all of Texas, lol. Thank you!

DaysD: It is a lovely day here. Thanks for sending it to me!

Robin: there is even a little telescope on that cake! I gotta love it! Thanks!

Manda: that is a beautiful cake! I'll take the parrot off first thing. I ain't sharing, lol. Thanks!

Lilo: Thanks! I love the creativity, too.

Always envied how you can look up in the sky, kt, and identify exactly what you are seeing......hope this is close.

That cake is great enough for me to see Cassiopeia, Gemini, and Ursa Major (Big Dipper), for starters. I love it, thanks!

Kat: I love the cake! I won't let Remmy see the bones, lol! Thank you!

Shan: you must be in cahoots with DaysD, lol. It's a perfect day here. Thanks!

DrBaker: you have a very talented beagle, lol! I love it, thanks!

I'll be back outside to play soon. Take care everyone!

Kat: What a relief to have your squeeze test finished. Good news your insurance covers the quad! Enjoy gardening this weekend.

Shan: sure hope you get breezes, not wind that would fuel the fires, and it blows the dust and ash far away. Wishing you a nice weekend.

DrBaker: your beagle is almost as clever as Snoopy [just don't tell her I said 'almost']. Enjoy the autumn weather!

Noel, you commented on my endurance too soon. The haircut and bath took two hours and it about did me in. I decided to wait until Monday to go to Wal-Mart. (I told my husband, "We don't go places on weekends. It's a rule." He thought that was funny.

I did make a quick trip to the closer town by myself, which was much, much faster and easier, to get us sandwiches for our lunch. A small independent grocery store there has a deli. Got me a BBQ sandwich and got a meatloaf sandwich for the husband. Mine was delicious but too big and I ate the whole thing!

I finally got a call from the home health nurse that the doctor's office had gotten our prescriptions by mail into the Wal-Mart system so I needed to call and make payment arrangements. I haven't gone back and figured up how much I've been paying for the husband's prescriptions at the Wal-Mart store, but just off the top of my head, I'm thinking the mail order thing is going to cost less. Also, I'll be getting a three-month supply, which should cut down on whatever hassle there might be.

Degrassi, I'm curious about the mediation. My son and my son-in-law, both attorneys, used to talk about doing mediation, where they got two parties together to settle and stay out of court. Will you be doing something like that or is it a different thing?

Lil0, I know the uneasy feeling of lightning during times of drought. I hope you are getting only rain, and enough of it to deal with some of the fires.

Shan, I keep wondering if your daughter is getting migraines from all the smoke. I know everyone is staying in as much as possible but I don't think that would stop the smell of smoke enough to prevent migraines for me. I sure hope the wind takes some of it away from you. Maybe out to sea or something.

I enjoyed everybody's pictures and comments today.

Back