9-8-2017 - Donuts & Happy Birthday!

I just checked my flowerbed and something is digging in it. I found some iris
dug up. I noticed digging in my
yard, but only holes. It's happening at night.
I wonder if my cat is looking for something or another critter is doing it?

Whatever it is, it's not making tunnels. If it's a mole, maybe it's eating those beetle grubs :)
Since my cat has been outside at night lately, I wonder if he thinks something is under
the mulch? Only the back of the flowerbed has been affected, so far.

Heya Everybody! :) I hope that everyone is having a fabulous day. Today has been one fantastic day on my end. I thought today was going to be one of the worst days but it ended up being one of the best. Over the last few days my cat has made a drastic improvement and today went to the vet and the vet has cleared him. He will always have an enlarged and congested heart and kidney issues, but with medication and a special diet this can be managed.

All I'm waiting for is one more thing and I know he is really better. I am over the moon with what has transpired and I truly believe a miracle has happened. My faith in these things has increased tenfold. I don't think I will ever forget what has transpired this past week, ever.

The weather has not been very good here. It has been quite cool. Right now it is clear and 59 F, a chilly evening here already. Summer was a bust.

KT: Wishing you a Happy Birthday and a magical year ahead! I love you so much my friend.

Wishing all of you a great Friday evening. Sending each one of you so much happiness.

Thank you Noel, I wrote you a message and accidentally sent you a duplicate direct message. My apologies. The message board was coming up with errors on my end and sent it twice not knowing that the first message had gone through already. Sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweetie, that is wonderful news! I'm so happy for you and your kitty.

Kat, I hope you can figure out what is digging in your flower beds. That's a shame, after all your hard work. Maybe you can sprinkle some hot pepper or something around them. I've recently noticed my pecan tree has some kind of webs on it. I think I have heard you have to remove web worms by hand but these are much too high for anybody to reach. I only have two trees that make much of a shade and that's one of them. I'd hate to lose it but it may happen.

Thank you Noel, I wrote you a message and accidentally sent you a duplicate direct message. My apologies. The message board was coming up with errors on my end and sent it twice not knowing that the first message had gone through already. Sorry.

No worries McSweetie. It seems to be the nature of the internet.

Good evening everybody,

KT, I hope you had a wonderful day for your birthday.

I went in to see the opthalmologist today. When I went in a few weeks ago to have my vision checked, the optomotrist thought that my cataracts were affecting my vision to the point I needed surgery. I had a lot of pictures taken today as well as my eyes dilated. I was told the cataracts are not that big and do not require surgery at this time, but I have very severe dry eyes. I will now be taking Restasis eye drops as well as artificial tears. Apparently, the dry eyes are also aggravating my vision. I hope the eye drops work to keep my vision from blurring.

I hope everyone has a great weekend planned.

Jen: great news you do not need cataract surgery. As you know, I had both eye surgeries in July/August and it made a world of difference. I also use hypoallergenic eye drops and have a prescription for Restasis if they do not sufficiently hydrate my eyes. I find it really helps to keep my eyes moist and reduces any blurriness caused by dry eyes. Good luck with your program.

JS: Ditto

Eras: we also are grateful you are part of the forum family and share life experiences, Days theories, and other fun with us too!

Hi ShaSha

Kat, have skunks been seen (or smelled) in your neighborhood? The lawn holes sound like them.

Sweetie, I'm very glad that your animal companion is feeling better.

Jen67, JS, Noel, it seems like there has been an uptick in Restasis TV ads, of late. Didn't know about its high cost, hopefully, that situation will improve.

I haven't seen or smelled any skunks. I went out around 11 last night with my
flashlight. When I woke up this morning, I went out again looking around.
After walking Goldie, I looked around garden in sunlight. Nothing disturbed
like night before. When I was out, hummingbird came by.

OC, yes the mediation is similar to that, at least that's what it sounded like on my first class on Tuesday. But it's broad in the sense it can be for lawyers, school administrators, world leaders (for making peace deals), etc.

Jen, I'm glad you can get some relief without the cataract surgery. I too have a real problem with dry eyes. (Have cataracts as well). I nearly drove the eye doctor crazy last year. All of the drops give me migraines, even artificial tears. I've tried many types and brands. I did try the Restasis once and same thing. Last year the eye doctor told me of a new, promising drop for dry eye. I forget the name.

He gave me a sample but I didn't bother to use it because getting a prescription of it filled was going to be $300 or more. I have NO insurance for medications. This made the Restasis seem cheap! I was already paying $170 for one of husband's glaucoma drops. (The doctor has now given a different kind, which is only about $50 but he also takes another $50 one so it's expensive no matter what).

That's interesting Degrassi--better than going to court!

Kat, I'm hoping maybe your digger has moved on.

I've got things going on here this morning. Will stop back later.

Back