Actor and Actress return to Days

I'm just gonna come out and say it. The Vampire Diaries did so many deaths and resurrections that eventually the viewers stopped caring about people dying (and in fact, joked about it) because they knew that they're probably coming back to life soon. It seems that Days of Our Lives, even before this latest news, has decided to adopt this trend as well, so I'm no longer so invested in the deaths of major characters.
I still expect Abigail to come back.

I don’t blame the way Kristian Alfonso (Hope) left. The show jerked her around, and she drew line. Maybe this is a sign they have a real story for her. Maybe it’s also a sign they have more budget now. Although more sets would do the show more good than bringing back a ton of old characters.

I think the Beyond Salem model where the show has more focus and adventure for interconnected story arcs that last a month or two and rotates in different players is the way to go on streaming. It’s like season after season of a series, but there’s no break. This lets actors off when they don’t have a storyline, but keeps more characters on the canvas.

Unlike so many of you here......I really don't care. When I began watching years ago, they were not on at first. And then they were. Patch is what brought me in. The actors who portray Bo & Hope left the show "for good"...........whatever or whoever coerced them into returning....has made a great many fans very happy. I just have a feeling this return is not permanent. Yes I like both actors. Maybe the writers have thought up something good for them, hope so.

Poirot.... like you, I too don't really care.....they will be given a story that will be as disjointed as the current 3 dead grannies at White Castle it will make as much sense..... someone some day will put all the pieces together for a 1 hour show that in reality took 5 months to air and we will see it really wasn't all that and a bag of nuts..... but Re-Ron will gather the accolades he desires, he will remain head writer and the viewers will suffer.... a bit to do about nothing....

I'll be interested if all of their wronged lovers come back to get revenge on them - Franco, Billie, Aiden, Carly, etc. - but otherwise, Bo and Hope's story is over.

That said, I appreciate that many love them, so I hope they wrote story for them that makes sense for the time they're here. They didn't bother with their last two Emmy® winners, so I'm not hopeful, but perhaps Ron has learned to be better.

I just wonder how the writers expect us to take any deaths seriously if characters keep getting resurrected. I get that Bo's been "dead" for several years now, but sheesh, it's still not even a decade, right? And that's not even bringing up the others who have "died" and come back to life in an even much shorter time period.

It looks like short term, but more than a week or two.

According to an article with the head writer in the latest issue of Soap Opera Digest, this story line was initially supposed to be part of a new installment of that Beyond Salem web series. Due to the main show moving to Peacock, they scrapped that idea and moved the storyline to the main show. Also, that ridiculous story of Marlena, Kayla & Kate being in purgatory was a space filler of sorts to bridge the gap until this story with Bo & Hope premiered on the main show.

I don't believe we will see Bo & Hope in Salem during this stint, the reunion with Ciara & Ben will likely take place elsewhere. Good to see they are only returning for a short stint, I don't want them to be part of this crap-fest show for a long period of time. They should just have them pop in once in a while for a visit like they do with Tony & Anna and Jack & Jennifer who have been relugated to only appearing every now and then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back