Actor Joe Mascolo (Stefano) died

I read this sad news on Jason's Facebook page. It brought a sweet tear to my eye. I always liked Joe Mascola [Stefano DiMera]. His performance as Stefano was bright, brilliant at times, and mesmerizing most of the rest of the time. He became the best villain on daytime tv. And set the standard going forward. He was a lovely gentleman, a loving family man, well read and articulate. He will be deeply missed in life, in daytime, and in the hearts of Days fans.

I love reading all the tweets and posts from his colleagues, peers and the entertainment/media industry.
Completely agree. Thanks to all who posted them. They are a testament to the high regard in which Joseph Mascolo was held by his fellow actors. He was a true professional and I greatly enjoyed watching him perform on Days. His truly distinctive Stefano character was one of a kind and his presence set Days apart from other shows, which had more standard villains. It would be a nice touch if TPTB brought back the DiMansion living room set with its large portrait of Stefano and used it instead of the library, which only has a small color photo of him on a shelf.

It would be a nice touch if TPTB brought back the DiMansion living room set with its large portrait of Stefano and used it instead of the library, which only has a small color photo of him on a shelf.
That would be a great tribute to the actor and character who intrigued viewers for decades.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was very saddened to read this on Saturday, had no idea he had Alzheimer's. My Grandmother died from that and for 2 years she didn't speak and just spared into space. He acted on Days last spring, guess it affects people different ways.

I think his last scene was with Chad in the study after Abby's "death", when he said he was Chad's "voice of rrrrrrreason". Think that was September??

Patricia Schultz-Mascolo

I lost a very special person yesterday, my husband, Joseph Mascolo. Most people know him as Stefano DiMera, the evil villain on the daytime drama "Days of Our Lives." Life with Joseph was a roller coaster! He was a big, boisterous Italian, the oldest child and only son, a musician, actor and basically a hugely talented, multi-faceted man! He also could be gentle, loving, outrageous and lots of fun. He was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease four years ago. I choose to remember the happy times, the fun times, before the illness took a hold of him and changed him.

I am happy to know that he is now with God and in peace but I'm going to miss him every day!!!

15390874_10211187918234598_3760122394412174960_n.jpg

No one has, or ever will, torment the good people of Salem as much as Stefano DiMera did and Joe Mascolo played him to perfection. He will be missed by many. May his family and friends find comfort in the wonderful memories of this remarkable man.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am really saddened to hear about the passing of Joe Mascolo (Stefano). :cry: He was truly a gifted actor who mastered and perfected his craft. Prayers and love to his family, the people he worked with and his fans. What an incredible actor and man. He will be missed.

I'm seriously planning on getting a Phoenix tattoo on my upper back in honor of all time favorite television character and actor for my 31st birthday next month. Like really, Joseph Mascolo (Stefano) meant a lot but just seeing him always on brings me back to some very happy memories.

Back