Actress leaving

I'm genuinely sorry to hear about this. As written, the Abigail character often left a lot to be desired, but at the Manhattan book signing, Ms. Mansi herself was very cheerful and pleasant. Hopefully, she'll move on to better things.

Interestingly enough.......there was a casting call that Soap Opera Digest reported, I think last November, for a 25 yr. old Caucasian female, beautiful...seems to have it all, but has a vulnerable, fragile side. Mention of a painful past she wants to keep secret??? Anyway, taping was to begin in mid-late December to begin airing in May.

I am not saying this was for an Abby recast.....just noting the coincidence.

There was a casting call for a 25 year old woman who is soft and has a troubled past. I was hoping it was Stephanie Johnson but now that it is confirmed Kate Mansi (Abby) is leaving, I want to speculate this was meant for her recast.

Who knows the recast may have zero chemistry with Chad and can make Abby go entirely in a different direction. So guess let's keep our fingers crossed. Again all speculation.

Back years ago, it was really a well known fact that Drake Hogestyn (John) seemed to have chemistry with anyone. Marlena, Diana, Isabella....was amazing. Doesn't really happen with everyone. Kayla was fabulous with Patch, Shane was terrfic with Kim, but when Kayla was paired with Shane.....terrible. No chemistry whatsoever that viewers could detect.
We will just have to wait and see what happens with Chad, Abby.

Kind of had a feeling this was coming. The actress has several other things she is working on professionally, but still really sad to see it. I think it is a smart move for the actress, but a real hit to Days as a show. I don't see the recast having the chemistry with Chad that this actress does.

Back years ago, it was really a well known fact that Drake Hogestyn (John) seemed to have chemistry with anyone. Marlena, Diana, Isabella....was amazing. Doesn't really happen with everyone. Kayla was fabulous with Patch, Shane was terrfic with Kim, but when Kayla was paired with Shane.....terrible. No chemistry whatsoever that viewers could detect.
We will just have to wait and see what happens with Chad, Abby.
I think Billy Flynn (Chad) might be one who could have chemistry with anyone!!

I agree oldsoapie. He has chemistry with Martha Madison (Belle) as well. He even had chemistry with Lauren Koslow (Kate) when he first came on and I was almost positive that they were going to go in that direction, but didn't thank goodness!

I agree, OldSoapie. Billy Flynn (Chad) seems to have chemistry with many people and I really like Chad and Abigail together and fighting to be together. I wouldn't have said that with the previous actor who played Chad but the current Chad and Abigail seem to have it.

WOW, Kate Mansi (Abby) is leaving the show?! :cry: I am truly saddened by this news as she really perfected the character of Abby. Kate Mansi's (Abby) chemistry with Billy Flynn (Chad) is absolutely amazing and I am afraid if she leaves that chemistry will no longer be if there is a recast. :(

Billy Flynn (Chad) is fabulous and a very smart actor who seems to adapt his acting with who he is onscreen with. However, onscreen chemistry can be less or more, depending on the individual and I think that Kate Mansi (Abby) brought out the best in Billy Flynn's (Chad) acting. :)

I wish Kate Mansi the best!! She is truly a star that shines bright and her acting career is full of promise!!

Back