Additional cast members leaving Days

BringBackJohnBlack

Reaction score
I just read that Days decided not to renew contracts with the actors that play Sonny & Will. I hope that's not true, but I'm fearful that the writers have no story for them, so may as well write them out. Fingers crossed it's a rumor, but here's what I read: Chandler Massey (Will) and Freddie Smith (Sonny) fired from Days last week. Final air date September 17, 2020.

I knew that baby surrogacy storyline was too good to be true. That's not enough time for Will to be released from prison, the truth to come out, Will and Sonny reuniting and remarrying, finding a surrogate, and having a baby.

Unless they find one off-screen and they pull a Justin and Adrienne when Sonny was born (have Marlena or Kate [or even Abigail will bring it full circle!]) get a phone call from Will or Sonny announcing the birth of their baby.)

Also read something or other.....Camila Banus (Gabi) posted....where she was very upset, near tears, was not specific, but did say something about it not being fair to have to give something so others can have more???? Also to fight for what you believe in. That could refer to money, episode guarantees, air time, time off......anything.

Since all the cast was let go for that long hiatus..........am just GUESSING contracts are being discussed, negotiated, whatever. There just may be more changes comings.

I hate to see Sonny and Will leave but if it gets Will out of prison, it won't be so bad. I wonder if Gabi will go back to prison for her dastardly deeds and Will and Sonny take Ari with them when they leave Salem?

I also hope that Will and Sonny reunite, which I am sure they will. There has been no mention of Evan anywhere lately, so I am hoping that story will be over soon. I guess we will still be seeing them until September, so fingers crossed that they get some nice airtime.

So, yeah. As you can tell by my name, I'm pretty devastated by the news. This paired with the current state of the show will result in my exit as a viewer. It's just an hour that I don't need, especially when my only reason for watching will be gone.

Yes, that was so insulting that they read about their departure in the script and, as of the day it was taped, no one has come to talk to them about leaving yet. I didn't listen to the whole thing, but there was a clue when Freddie Smith (Sonny) said that his last day of filming was before Chandler Massey's (Will), so I am not sure if that means they won't be leaving together? I thought it was so professional of them to try so hard to not give away the story after how badly they have been treated by this. I guess they could always say they are meeting someplace, but they both seemed so nice and sad to have this happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back