Additional cast members leaving Days

The suits backstage have been interfering for a long time now. And, we really do not know the exact truth, as those involved keep their lips zipped, and others, who claim to be in the know and are not, feed the flames. I wish I knew why Corday has not yet replaced Carlivati, but we don't know. Nor do we know why NBC has not come down hard on him, or Corday to hire a new head writer.

:huh:Wow! Camila Banus (Gabi) leaving the show? Seems the younger folks on Days are about to exit. Do the writers have something against those younger than 40 yrs. old? Well just to say, do we need to replace the oldie writers with much younger writers with fresh new young ideas? This would be a good idea. There are plenty of younger talented writers out there.

The rumor is a contract dispute, who knows? Nothing has been said officially.
The younger actors on the show usually just want to try something else, something different, don't want to be tied down in one place for years and years.
In their youth, both Bo, Hope....even Marlena left the show ...their choice.

The suits backstage have been interfering for a long time now. And, we really do not know the exact truth, as those involved keep their lips zipped, and others, who claim to be in the know and are not, feed the flames. I wish I knew why Corday has not yet replaced Carlivati, but we don't know. Nor do we know why NBC has not come down hard on him, or Corday to hire a new head writer.
The most consistent theme about Days is that there are too many competing creative visions for the show (the overbearing co-EP, the script editor, NBC, Sony, Corday, some actors who get a say in their own story, etc.), which is mainly why I think Ron hasn't been canned yet. I absolutely cannot stand the way he molds characterizations to fit his inane plots, and would prefer a new head writer who values character over plot, but even Corday has to be aware of all the interference going on. Beyond that, I think there truly aren't many writers left who would be able to step in and understand soaps, Days specifically, and be able to produce the amount of content needed to fill roughly a year's worth of story, who haven't already written/been fired at Days. It's a total mess in my opinion and I don't know for sure how they get out of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope Camila Banus (Gabi) is not leaving. I really like her and I love how well she plays Gabi. I know most don't like Gabi, but to me Camila brings some sadness to her that I do feel for and cringe for also! She brings the character to life.

This may not be in the right place, but.

Soapkitty: I am in agreement that as an actress, Camila Banus has played the part of Gabi to perfection, but I guess I am just getting tired of the "over the top" persona. Maybe they need to send her away for awhile, possibly with Sonny and Will, to have an attitude adjustment and just tone her down a bit.

I was also really getting tired of the Sarah character but lately, the actress has been doing a terrific job of acting the part. I can only imagine what's she's going through.

And, on the topic of actors: I can't decide whether I like Kristen or Xander. They definitely have multi-faceted personalities.

Once upon a time, I enjoyed Gabi. Thought her a good character, well written. I liked that she had hooked up with Will, who later realized he was gay, but they raise Ari together. However, recently, my opinion/enjoyment of the character has changed. I don't like her "revenge" attitude, don't like her blaming others for whatever goes on in her life, not taking responsibility herself. That is fault of writers. I don't like that she spends no time with her daughter, leaving that all to Sonny & Will. But I also don't like her wardrobe, the constant "hooker" look.

Gabi is one of the most beautiful women on Days. Yes, I do agree about her clothing of late. Too little too much.

Once upon a time, I enjoyed Gabi. Thought her a good character, well written. I liked that she had hooked up with Will, who later realized he was gay, but they raise Ari together. However, recently, my opinion/enjoyment of the character has changed. I don't like her "revenge" attitude, don't like her blaming others for whatever goes on in her life, not taking responsibility herself. That is fault of writers. I don't like that she spends no time with her daughter, leaving that all to Sonny & Will. But I also don't like her wardrobe, the constant "hooker" look.
:clap::clap::clap:

According to Soap Opera Digest (and other sites) Kristen leaves with Rachel and is off the show! While that would make me happy, there are other indications that she will be back by the summer. So, we get a short reprieve, I guess, while she is on the run with Rachel when she confronts Sarah next week.

I've seen the speculation that she's back in the summer, too, based on a deleted picture from Galen Gering's (Rafe) Instagram back in November. (it was a group shot of a few actors and she was one of them)

Yes, I posted that in the other thread about departures. Maybe we can consolidate those 2 threads so it is all in the same place?

I don't like her [Gabi] "revenge" attitude, don't like her blaming others for whatever goes on in her life, not taking responsibility herself. That is fault of writers. I don't like that she spends no time with her daughter, leaving that all to Sonny & Will. But I also don't like her wardrobe, the constant "hooker" look.
I totally agree!! I totally agree! Did I say I totally agree?!?

Last edited by a moderator:
I definitely agree about Gabi's revenge attitude. It's too bad the show doesn't have a plan, and has to wait to turn to fan reaction. Clearly they plotted Gabi as a cheap villainess after Stefan's death, only to realize the pairing was popular, so after months of unmitigated villainy, she suddenly starts waxing sentimental about her lost love. It's hard to sympathize.

Not sentimental to me. Overly possessive witch (I politely spelled the last word with a different letter). Her incessant yelling, stomping her feet, harrassment, insistence is annoying, to say the least. In my opinion.

By the way, today was Evan/Christian's last day. Also, as Jason47 noted, Kristen is also gone.

Back