Additional cast members leaving Days

That could be, but if Freddie Smith (Sonny) was done before Chandler Massey (Will), then they couldn't leave together. OR maybe the scenes weren't shot in order, so maybe they do leave together but Chandler had another scene to shoot and it will be shown before they leave? Also speculation.

Last edited by a moderator:
And sometimes scenes are cut, and sometimes scenes are slapped together and the result is a lot of things that don't make sense at all.
By the way, Galen Gering (Rafe) will also be leaving. Casey Moss (JJ) is leaving this month.

Seriously?!!!! They found out via the scripts? Outrageous!!
Didn't something similar happen to Judi Evans (Adrienne)? From her exit interview a few weeks ago she mentioned she came on set one day and heard others talking about Adrienne being killed off, so she asked one of the EPs who told her he was going to talk about it with her, which was after they made the decision and others on set were aware.

Somebody high up should get a clue and start calling the actors in to inform them they are being let go before they let it get to the scripts.

And if Greg Meng or Albert Alarr are falling down on the job about that........why is Corday not doing it, especially for these vets who have been with the show a long, long time.

That said........I thought all the actors had agents, who would be on top of the events, especially with the show more or less cancelling ALL contracts, thus every single Days actor goes into negotiations for new contract. Maybe they don't have agents, no idea.

Here is the thing. Days is filming 8 mos. in advance, despite the time off 9 weeks. Thus, we will be seeing everyone til fall. The actors not being given new contracts, could easily, by then, be asked back. Petitions are useless, in my opinion. Just as an example, when Brandon Barash (Stefan) was killed off, viewers were outraged, very obviously, it was a mistake. So the suits sought to rectify, (after the scenes were shown to public, having been filmed 8 mos earlier) and hired him back. He has filmed, we have yet to see it. And it all took a lot of time, being we don't get to see what was filmed for 8 mos., thus they don't get feedback til then, thus decision to rectify, get actor back, write story, film.........a year at least.

Don't sweat it.......takes forever,.

Look at the viewer outrage after the Salem Stalker storyline, to the point of NBC/Sony stepping in and telling Days to fix it, no matter how ridiculous the solution. It took some time to come up with the Melaswen storyline (and the ridiculous storylines after it) and rehire all of those actors. Although, they were only 6-8 weeks ahead in taping back then, too.

Also, Adrienne was killed off and Judi Evans (Adrienne) found out from backstage chatter, was heartbroken by the news. But she was in a recent backstage photo with Lauren Koslow (Kate), so she was apparently brought back after being let go.

Unless Arianna goes with them.

You can bet she probably will. The show hates kids as evidenced by why we never see any of them. The show also hasn't been in a rush the last few years to add more kids to the canvas. Kind of difficult though when the majority of your cast is over 55.

So Gabi's 2 best friends/co-parents and her brother are leaving Salem. We know Stefan is returning but we also know he was recurring last time. I guess they could easily write them out too. I don't want Gabi gone but I don't trust this show.

I am wondering if the show might be bringing back some of the Last Blast crew? Martha Madison (Belle) posted that she spent Valentine's night at a restaurant in LA and she lives in Dallas full time now. Whatever is going on I hate that it continues to impact those 55 and younger. That's the generation that needs to be expanded.

The last time Brandon Barash (Stefan) was on, he had replaced another actor as Stefan, and was supposed to leave even earlier than he did. They extended his stay, fan reaction was positive. However, the character was supposed to be written out, so eventually he was gone. I don't have any idea what is planned now for his return, he has already been filming for a while, so....whatever it is, guess we will find out. Shawn is here still, wonder if he will return to Hong Kong, and then come back with his wife????

Back