SPOILER !! AFTER the Olympics previews

You know what? I hope Jan is faking it........or she got pregnant from someone else. Yeah, ReRon would not be so clever, would he? Everyone has to be miserable. (I do think Heather Lindell who plays Jan really is wonderful doing so) but Jan is a huge drag. They are turning her into a younger Kristen, it seems.

You know what? I hope Jan is faking it........or she got pregnant from someone else. Yeah, ReRon would not be so clever, would he? Everyone has to be miserable. (I do think Heather Lindell who plays Jan really is wonderful doing so) but Jan is a huge drag. They are turning her into a younger Kristen, it seems.
They have to have SOMEONE take over Kristen's roll eventually.

How many villains can this soap have? Are Ava, Kristen, Gwen, Gabi, Jake, and Johnny/Satan not enough? Presumably TR is also another villain, while it seems other characters were past villains but will presumably maintain their deviousness at times (Sami, Nicole, Ben, and Victor). Now we also have to deal with Jan being pregnant--cuz nobody saw that coming! And then there's the likely EJ-Belle pairing...which again, so predictable.

Not sure what I want here...
  1. Devil pregnancy (tacky even for Days)
  2. Fake pregnancy (overdone, cheap)
  3. Actual pregnancy resulting in miscarriage (hacky)
  4. Actual pregnancy resulting in live birth (unlikely enough to almost be original, but we'll be hearing "Jan's changed" within a year, and frankly we have enough children created through a parental rape already)
  5. The entire show is cancelled

Maybe an abortion? I know it is very controversial, but I'm not sure if Days has "gone there" yet and it certainly will make for a ton of drama...

so in my normal Days slot there is this new show called The Good Dish. Did they pre-empt Days because they aren't played at a consistent time across the country? Not that I have been watching lately. Just seemed odd

Dachsie, Days is pre-empted because of the Olympics.......no one anywhere is getting any episodes, and won't until Feb. 21.

Maybe an abortion? I know it is very controversial, but I'm not sure if Days has "gone there" yet and it certainly will make for a ton of drama...
I'd love a story about an abortion, Days (and Ron) is terrible at them, though, and it would be incredibly out of character for Jan, who has wanted Shawn-D forever and a day.

Not sure what I want here...
  1. Devil pregnancy (tacky even for Days)
  2. Fake pregnancy (overdone, cheap)
  3. Actual pregnancy resulting in miscarriage (hacky)
  4. Actual pregnancy resulting in live birth (unlikely enough to almost be original, but we'll be hearing "Jan's changed" within a year, and frankly we have enough children created through a parental rape already)
  5. The entire show is cancelled

#5 all the way, this show jumped the shark a long time ago and is way past its expiration date in my opinion. Its clear that nothing is going to change (for the better) and the worst head writer in the history of the show is never going to be fired so its best if it just ends.

Unfortunately, even though most are unhappy with the current state of the show and the garbage story lines the the current regime keeps pumping out, they keep watching and that is why it will continue to air as TPTB will take this as a sign that people like what they are watching and will just pump out more of the same. I am done with this crapfest, the 2 week hiatus for the Olympics provided the perfect opportunity for me to jump ship and slowly alter my viewing habits. So far I have not missed watching Days at all, of course that is not surprising since I don't find any of the current story lines the least bit interesting and the characters have all been ruined in one way or another.

Thanks for letting me be part of your little community here, I enjoyed interacting with other fans of this once great show. :)

Retrodays, I partially agree. I love Nicole & Rafe and don't mind seeing Brady/Chloe or Paulina. Other storylines are unwatchable, although some days Gwen & Ava's antics can be fun to see and occasionally Jake and Gabi are OK (they're messing that up now though).

I usually watch on Peacock or YouTube. Since being on vacation I watch live and to help write summaries, but I have found I have more time for other things during this Olympics break.

I am sorry that they are going the Jan pregnancy route, but I think everyone saw that one coming. Sigh.

And I kind of have a feeling that we will see Kristen taking care of "her" baby on the island, which I know makes no sense because she has been here, there, and everywhere and was just recently in a convent in Italy, but I am still thinking that she has brainwashed Sarah and made her think that Xander was bad for her and somehow made her forget about having a baby and has convinced Sarah that the baby is Kristen's because, she is just a wonderful mother. JUST MY SPECULATION. I haven't seen anything about this, but isn't this another classic soap thing? And if this happens, Ron will think he is so cutting edge.

I also had the same thought that Jan's bump was much bigger than Ciara's and Ciara has been pregnant longer.

I don't watch the show anymore, but at 12:00 (my time), I am usually looking for those recaps and have been disappointed when I remember they won't be there.

Back