Another actor leaving?

I get the idea Sami might come with Rafe baby. Rafe mentioned he wanted children of his own. Just my thought, because sometimes a mention is a segue in to the future Days.
I kind of wondered that myself yesterday. Plus, JJ made a comment the other day that at least Rafe and Sami hooking up that night didn't produce a baby.

Plus Hope is warming up to Rafe again. The setup is already there for Hope and Rafe to be back together and then Sami returns with a baby. Honestly, I've felt this was the direction since we saw the spoiler of them sleeping together. The only thing missing is that they're not really playing on any lingering feelings Rafe and Sami have for each other. I'd like that to be a beat they play out as well because right now Hope seems jealous for no reason.

I would prefer Sami come back before having said baby if they bring her back with Rafe's child. Rafe should be there for the birth of his first child. And let this be the ending of the Rafe/Hope pairing! I like them as police partners but not in a relationship.

As for Bryan Dattilo (Lucas), tptb wrote a terrible story for him. We know he can be so much better. But they didn't let him.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Sami brings a baby, I'll be happy for Rafe. All he's wanted to have kids (didn't he JUST say that in the past couple of weeks?). And I'm not a fan of the Rafe/Hope love story. The only sad thing will be he has to keep dealing with Sami.

Evidently in the fall again...........although initial reports said end of summer. Probably be here for her mom's wedding, is my guess. But would it not be a kick if Sami turned out to be the person who took Leo's car? LOL HEY......SPECULATION ONLY

Such a waste of a great character, actor and someone who has so much story potential with all of his connections and legacy.

Don't worry everyone..................we all know he'll be back. They all return, with the exception of Jay Kenneth Johnson (Philip) to date. He has stayed away.

Jay Kenneth Johnson, as Philip, was one of my favorites. So is Bryan Dattilo, as Lucas. I know Johnson chose to leave and not come back (at least the last time. I'd forgotten about his return). but I hope Dattilo will return, though I couldn't blame him if he didn't. They've never done him justice.

I suppose they can't keep everyone and bring back other favorites with budget constraints. Nor can they write for everyone. Lucas has always been underused and more a part of B stories than A stories. I can't say as I'm surprised. However, I fail to understand why characters like Bo, Steve, Lucas, and many others get the boot or contract negotiations fall through and we still have Kate.

Maybe the actress playing Kate is satisfied with the money and hours she has on show.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back