Anyone else garden? Part 2

Katmouse... and anyone who is interested... I left a recipe of the Polk Salad with eggs and how to boil it and with soda, and dump the water, and then cook the rest till it looks like spinach... Check it out.... I would love to try it, and it sounds like the one for dandelions that my mother and us girls used to make with pork as children... good cooking mousie....

Well here in Kansas we are in a heat wave - got so spoiled with our mild spring. I am watering twice a day to keep everything in pots alive.
My local hardware store had all plants 50% off - so I got to re-do my window boxes at a great price (the pansies just couldn't take it no more). I also got two big Boston ferns for $10 - I love a bargain!

window boxes.jpg

Has anyone tried "Mater Magic"? I picked it up at Lowe's because it was on sale, but haven't used it yet. It is an organic tomato plant food / fertilizer for container grown tomato plants. Can't find anything negative about it on the internet.

dynamite-mater-magic-0-675-2.jpg

Hi all~ one thing that does work is baby powder.. you have to reapply after rain but it is ok.. just make sure you wash the fruit...
Also Bayer came out this year with a new product , it is for "dusting" the plants.. My garden ctr guy said it is a different chemical than Sevin dust and works well. I plan on using it on my hybiscus and veggies as it is for both... suppose to be better..
I just got in my beans and peas yesterday.. the way our weather has been going I am hoping it will be the end of November again and still 60's like last year... so we can still harvest crops..
Our Lowes garden center is bringing in all sorts of garden veggies, just make sure to water...

Just check for what's in the Mater Magic, RS. Forms of nutrients, trace elements, etc. It shouldn't matter if it's organic then.
I don't like using sevin dust because you're not supposed to eat the fruit for 7 days after you use it. I won't work for me with tomatoes coming off everyday.
Never heard of using baby powder TB, is it like adding lime or something?

I just picked my first tomato of the season. There are tons of green tomatoes, pepper buds, and buds with tiny squash starting. Usually I don't get anything until the end of August. I don't know if it is the strange weather, using a different brand of plant soil, switching plant foods, or a combination of all three. I'll definitely be using the same soil and food next year.

Is the baby powder for bugs tb?

We had beautiful weather last weekend mid 70's !!! - I finally got more mulching done.
Hope to finish all the rest this weekend.
But just think the most comfortable bugs in the garden is the ones that roll in the white stuff that smells like the baby's butt. They are soooo happy, and no chaffing..... Make them too happy, and you cannot get rid of the sap suckers....:rotfl::hug:.... Oh I thought it said bug hug..... :rotfl:

Great news DaysD and rs.

Anyone have iris? One my neighbors cut the stems the same length.
They are only three inches tall now. They look better without all
the brown stuff.

I didn't know if it would be ok to do or not. I pull off all the dead
leaves when I can. Yesterday I cut the brown off the green ones.

Back