Are you looking forward to...?

Are you looking forward to Sami's return?

• Yes

Votes: 22 43.1%
  • No

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • Don't care one way or another.

Votes: 9 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am because she's the only person who make Rafe and Hope interesting. Baby or not, I think the show has a missed opportunity by not playing up the past feelings between Sami and Rafe. That's the way this should have been written all along.

That said, I don't need her airing 5 days a week either. Keep her isolated to Hope/Rafe, her mother's potential wedding, and her kids and siblings.

I had to vote no. When Alison Sweeney (Sami) returns, the show becomes all about her. She takes up all the air.

As someone who could tolerate the character Sami, it's painful to say that but it's true. For me, re-enacting her son's attempted murder was the straw that did it for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I'm pretty much alone here, but I've loved Sami since Alison Sweeney first took the part. I've loved watching her grow up and I've love most of her storylines (not a Sami/EJ fan. Give me Lucas). So I'll take what they give, and probably enjoy most of it.

Not really. Her returns need to involves EJ or something to make it worthwhile.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I'm pretty much alone here, but I've loved Sami since Alison Sweeney first took the part.
Many here have stated they loved/liked the character of Sami until the writers came up with the "grief sex" debacle, and then eventually declaring her rapist to be "the love of her life". :sick:

Well, I am definitely in the minority since I mostly liked Sami and EJ together, but regardless of the story, and regardless of her love interest, too much of anything becomes a bad thing. Take Dr Daniel for example. Daniel was just fine, until he became involved in every story.

Sami is often annoying all by herself, but being involved in every story or just being on screen every day is a bit much. Frankly, for me, Bo and Hope were similar, at least until the past decade or so.

I don't mind seeing Sami come back at all, but I'd rather not have her entire stint back focusing entirely on her. I'd rather the show not entirely focus on any one (or few) character(s), for that matter.

Many here have stated they loved/liked the character of Sami until the writers came up with the "grief sex" debacle, and then eventually declaring her rapist to be "the love of her life". :sick:

Yes I understand. Like I said I was not a fan of that pairing.

Allie could have some repressed feelings of having her happy little family of Sami, Rafe and the kids broken up after Sami had sex with EJ. Allie could run around screaming at her mother how she ruined her life when Sami had sex with EJ on the DiMansion "love couch".

Heck, Will saw that...he should do that when he gets his memory back.......:)

Allie should be giving grief for keeping her away from her dad, while shoving them constantly with babysitters....

All those suggested storylines involving Sami's children sound interesting, but we'd have to take Sami too. I just can't take her tantrums, screeching and screaming. She reminds me of Sheldon on Big Bang Theory. She isn't as smart as he is, but she's just as irritating and, instead of anyone's putting her in her place, they placate her.

Just an aside, but I honestly cannot even watch young Sheldon, watched 1st show, too much of a know it all brat for my taste.....but that is what is happening to the character on Big Bang as well. Not enjoyable.

As to Days, yes, the vets were at one time, very young, had storylines, adventures, great loves, etc. Bigger budgets, for sure. But the years pass, and the show is trying to focus somewhat on the younger generation. Trouble is, they are unable to keep the actors, or even hire those with good acting chops already in place. And when they do, the actors get itchy feet, figure they need to stretch their wings elsewhere, see what is out there. So, they leave. This does make it difficult for the viewers, but more so the writers.

Back