Are you looking forward to...?

Are you looking forward to Sami's return?

• Yes

Votes: 22 43.1%
  • No

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • Don't care one way or another.

Votes: 9 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I enjoy parodying Sami in such threads as "The News According to Sami: Spoiler Edition," but I'm not really looking forward to her return. Her last venture into Salem was about as entertaining as listening to somebody drag their fingernails across a chalkboard. She was the epitome of everything that is off-putting about the Sami character: an erratic, loud, irrational screecher. Other posters have mentioned some positive ways that Sami could be brought back, but I don't have my hopes up.

Many here have stated they loved/liked the character of Sami until the writers came up with the "grief sex" debacle, and then eventually declaring her rapist to be "the love of her life". :sick:

Redsquirrel raises her hand to be counted.

I also don't even know how the writers could come up with that disgusting storyline of Sami reenacting Will's murder.

Agree, KL. Days is a TEAM effort, with quite the cast, and most hold their own. And while we all have our favorites, when they are around, it depends on the writing, the storyline. Personally, I don't think the writers did Sami any favors when she broke a crazy killer from a sanitarium, to recreate her son's murder. It was poorly thought out, poorly done, and certainly a horrible thing for a mother to do, no matter what. Yes, some of us have favorites, gone from the show, wish they were back, would welcome them. But here we all are, still watching.

But while that storyline gave Sami a chance to rant, rave, screech, etc. it was definitely not one to brag about. She kept insisting Will would not have died, she had it covered. Sorry, but Ben could have broken Will's neck before Sami or her goons took a step. But, to each their own.

I responded to Heather in another thread about Kate's being on so much. They did the same with The Salem Screecher (Sami) and Daniel. The writers need to apply the old adage that, "Familiarity breeds contempt." and spread the screen time more evenly. I think their being on so much, and involved in almost every storyline, is what made some fans turn against them. I despise the Sami character so much that I won't watch anything the actress appears in. Come to think of it, I haven't seen her hawking toothpaste lately. Ah, but I digress.

Oh yes, I am looking forward to Sami's return. And I would be ecstatic if she was carrying Rafe's child, especially if it means the end of Hope and Rafe.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be happily surprised if she doesnt return with Rafe's offspring. Its a little too trope-y for me and I'm someone who love soaps in all their cheesy glory.

I just hope Will regains his memory at some point when she's around so he can confront her and ask what she was thinking!

I love the actress, Alison Sweeney (Sami). In fact, she's the reason I started watching this show to begin with. And though, often times I don't like the character of Sami Brady that she has to portray, I do indeed look forward to seeing her on screen again. And I kind of hope she brings a child and says "here, Rafe, your kid. Congrats. I have enough already so you just take this one. Let Hope be stepmom of the year, I got to go" LOL

Because as much as I love Hope, I certainly don't think she is a young chicken anymore. No more babies for Hope, please. Hust let the stork, Sami, drop off one for them. Haha. Because I do think Rafe would be a great dad. And Ari would be so cute with a little cousin.

Kind of off-topic, but relates to Alison Sweeney (Sami). Today at Walmart, I saw on the $5.00 DVD rack, they have her Murder She Baked movies. All three movies are in one DVD set for $5.00.

Back