Arianne Zucker (Nicole) sues Corday Productions

Okay, so now I've found and read through the complaint. There's not much that's new (except something about some anti-Semitic actress who was on the show)

It does seem very clear that Ari Zucker (Nicole) was the "ring leader" in finally getting Alarr fired. She's the one who rallied people by going up the food chain to Sony when the show's executives ignored her, and so she's being punished.

Wild speculation on my part: I'll bet you anything these dudes thought they'd drop her to D-list money as a punishment for a while, but keep her on the show. Or just write her off and then she'd eventually come back. They've obviously learned nothing from this mess--not about behaving better or at least about the PR factor of pretending to behave better.

This little tidbit from Alarr says it all: "Who gives a [fig] about morale, as long as we are coming in under budget." Change out morale for: ethics, story, characterization, coherence, or sanity. All that matters to the executives is milking this show for profit until it goes away.

What a brave woman she is! All that crap she went through with that Trump/Billy Bush tape, with nary a public word. And then years of the creep. I hope others join in on this. And I hope Corday finally comes to his senses.

Ari Zucker (Nicole) is my hero!!!!

She is my favorite actress on the show, as well.

The whole Jude storyline will be totally messed up. We don't want Sloan raising him (she can barely tolerate him as it is, she is not cut out to be a mother).

Maybe they will just keep Nicole and Holly in Italy for a long time, long enough for Holly to recover, and we will see them both again.

The entire cast needs to really make a fuss about this. It is so unfair and disgusting.

The fired guy’s response was just what you’d expect. Unfortunately for him, the “outrageous allegations” have been largely substantiated by other cast members. I suspect that fired guy’s main task will be trying to come to a reasonable settlement with Ms. Zucker and her high profile attorney. There’s no way the defense would want to take the case to court. Any jury would probably hate them from the word go.

yeah, today's show was sooooooo blah! Seems like every show is filler, scenes dragged out, dialogue repeated. Maybe just me, gloomy day here. But......I missed a few shows, hard to believe nothing has moved at all for some time. I guess Feb. sweeps don't matter any more. But still, story should move......and none have...all week.

By the way, I really do not care for Everett one bit. And now they have Stephanie "falling in love" with him Again! Ugh.

I will miss her on the show. I am proud of her for standing up and being the voice for those who feared those at the top. I am sorry she has to go through this but more so because it sounds like it will happen again no one in HR Sony, NBC or Corday listened to her or cared what was happening until they could no longer cover it up.

I think Ken Corday is officially the problem. Whether neglect or complicity, he obviously doesn’t have the moral compass or business motivation to fix this or it wouldn’t be at this point. I don’t know how you get rid of him.

Definitely time to clean house from the top. Bring in some people who actually care about the show continuing as the leaders. Good for Ari Zucker (Nicole) for having the strength and courage to stand up for those who have been mistreated. Peacock should just take over completely and reorganize leadership. And start by bringing her back on contract.

If he owns the show, I don't know how you force him to change or sell. Maybe this will light a fire under him because like Nicole or not, I'm not sure the show survives without her for very long. There's not another linchpin female character on contract under the age of 60, and soaps need that. What are they going to do? Fill time with more of Sloan alternating between zombie-eyed pouts and lusty-eyed pouts?

This is the beginning of the end for Days. That’s my perception anyway.

Whether it is in one more year or two.

The only way the show will survive is if Ken Corday gives the reigns to someone new who will care about the heart and soul of Days. I don’t know who that would be. But this show has been a sinking ship. Veterans are in the 80’s or getting close to 80: Maggie, Julie, Roman, Marlena, Abe, Steve, John. They may have 4-5 years left in them to keep playing their characters.

But I wonder how they feel personally about the sexual harassment that has taken place and the poor handling of the situation by Corday and upper management? Do they want to stay attached to the show? I imagine there is some loyalty and also they may not want to lose their jobs. But I wish they would stand up in solidarity and demand better treatment of their fellow actors.

Last edited:
Back