Baby Name Suggestions for Abby

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least JJ prevents the baby being named Jack.

I just don't really care. I have been on an episode hiatus, as far as watching Days. I keep up with the story by reading summaries, and will continue to do so until the proverbial fart Bo's actor left his decades-long fans has cleared some. The rest of it hasn't been any better, as it is all a predictable cliche where the baby lives and is Chad's, and hero Chad will swoop in, etc,

Even my beloved Sami has just been a blown up caricature of herself as of lately.

I pity this kid. Honestly, it will be as nutty as a fruitcake. Traumatized by its fickle mother whose ride in the sunset with Chad I foresee only being a phase that ends once Cameron or some other hottie comes to Salem. With that dastardly, immoral Dimera/Devereux blood mixed with a hint of hoity-toity Horton, you got a potential for instability.

I like all these names posted above, I do not like modern names these days and hope they stick with something classy like the above names. It already says in spoilers the baby has Chad's eyes and who doesn't see that coming. Kinda illogical, as here my own daughter is almost four months old and has just now started to turn green eyed.

As for all the Ben bashing, it is deserved and expected, by why do people have to take jabs at his southern heritage? Everywhere I read about Days, people say "hick, hayseed, inbred, hillbilly". The stereotypes are amusing to me, as my accent generated the same prejudice when I moved up north. Funny, I was even impressed by people up north, thinking they were superior. What I found is north and south have an adaptable intelligence, where location plays in what you're smart at, just saying, and I am glad Days has brought in some rednecks even if people say what they say.

I do think it was Clyde who got those descriptions, not Ben. (And Clyde used that image purposely to shed any suspicion that he was a bad guy) After all, Ben spent a great deal of his life on the run with his sister, so did not spend all his growing time with his father.

I live in an area where there are a lot of different accents, due to people moving here from elsewhere when they retire. In addition, I have family who live "down south" for years, and have heard comments from them about some folks they run into. Maybe you should blame Dukes of Hazard, Andy Griffith show, etc. for the sterotypical picture people get in their minds about fictional characters from certain areas. :)

Every culture has its share of morons of poor breeding.

I actually enjoy the representation of the Dukes. Andy Griffith is a form of southerner that isn't far enough in the backwoods to really stereotype "hillbillies", I feel it is more Beverly Hillbillies and The Hills Have Eyes, hyuk hyuk.

I can't remember who, but someone else and myself said Grayson after Alice. I vote Grayson Beauregard Deveraux DiMera

As for all the Ben bashing, it is deserved and expected, by why do people have to take jabs at his southern heritage? Everywhere I read about Days, people say "hick, hayseed, inbred, hillbilly". The stereotypes are amusing to me, as my accent generated the same prejudice when I moved up north. Funny, I was even impressed by people up north, thinking they were superior. What I found is north and south have an adaptable intelligence, where location plays in what you're smart at, just saying, and I am glad Days has brought in some rednecks even if people say what they say.

I live on the Southern side of Maryland and everywhere I go, people ask if I'm from the South.

Last edited by a moderator:
Andy Griffith is a form of southerner that isn't far enough in the backwoods to really stereotype "hillbillies", .
Oh, I was thinking of that mountain family that would come down...Ernest T. Bass, played by Howard Morris.

I do have a feeling that Ben is going to want to name that baby Clyde........however, I cannot imagine how he thinks he would feed a preemie, whose immune system might not be fully developed, who might have some lung congestion, need oxygen.....this is truly upsetting.

the thing is, Ben cares nothing for the Hortons, doesn't even know Alice or Tom, so his choice of name would not have anything to do with that side of the family. He is off the wall now, so, his thinking is warped.

I don't trust Days, thought Brady & Theresa did not do well by their son when choosing a name.....but to each their own.

if I had my way, I'd have Chad find out he is the real father, and he and Abby would pick a name out together....no Weston involvement.
If I had my way and got the above moment, I wouldn't care what name they decided, I would just be happy they were able to decide together.

But alas, this is Days, and they never ever let me have it my way. LOL.

Too many Jacks, too many Williams. Though I could get on board with a Liam - we haven't used that yet have we?

I'm thinking a Thomas/Tom. We haven't had one since Tommy Horton, so it's been a while.

But I also think Ben is going to name it after himself/his dad, and then it'll get re-named later. I hope that he goes with Benjamin Clyde rather than Oliver Clyde, purely because Oliver is my eldest's name and I don't want it tainted. :)

I think Thomas is the best name for the baby that could make sense for the 50th anniversary. Though seemingly he might possibly be Tommy DiMera. Stefano and Jennifer coming together as grandparents would be very interesting to see that disaster in Jen's eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back