Big Cast Changes part 2

I agree. If Rafe had his own child, he has a better chance of raising he or she as a single dad in a more stable, loving environment than many of the other kids with two parents.

Re: Jensen Ackles (ex-Eric), he has signed on to Season 3 of The Boys on Amazon Prime.

I'd prefer they recast Eric. I'm dreading whatever angst is coming. I think the fact that they won't recast people is what leads to all the bad stories of people disappearing and reappearing under circumstances that make no sense. Replacing Claire should show them how well it can work.

Can you imagine Nicole and Sami both pawing for Rafe once Hope and Eric leave Salem? Oy vey.

I’d like EJ to return (played by a British actor. I recommend Julian Morris; he is slightly younger than James Scott, but he is a very handsome and talented actor). They could bring back Johnny and Sydney to Salem as well.

Sami was at her best when she was paired with either Lucas or Rafe. They seemed to be writing growth for her. While she still made mistakes, much like Nicole, she seemed to be growing as a person. To me, EJ ruined her growth. And it angers me that they still don't write any growth for her. It's time the writers let Sami let go of EJ and let her grow as a person. They really could have shown Sami step up for her daughter and support her but instead she's screeching all over the place, stuck at where she was 25 years ago.

If it means Sami have some growth I'm all for her having a reunion with either Rafe or Lucas.

I would like Sami with Lucas. I think he's the only one that ever gets through to her and she's always seemed to have some respect for him deep down. Unfortunately as soon as she walks away from him that goes up in smoke.

I guess I misunderstood but I thought they said Victoria Konefal (Ciara) last day was last week and it looks like she will be on for at least a couple more weeks. Did she change her mind about leaving or will she be re-cast?

We don't know when her actual last day is yet. But she did leave. Ken Corday said she will come and go, though. Maybe the way Alison Sweeney (Sami) does.

The article that wrote her leaving last week was wrong.

I have read that she and the actors who play Sonny and Will are supposed to
come back from time to time

Freddie Smith (Sonny) and Chandler Massey (Will) did a podcast and said even though they're in the fall preview video, they haven't taped any new scenes and haven't been back. So they either did tape more scenes and are keeping it a secret, or they really didn't. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

I take what they say with a grain of salt. Freddie Smith (Sonny) talked about how Sonny and Will left Salem in a dark place, with a lot of conflict going on. I mean, unless he was referring to leaving Salem while the other Salemites were tied up with trying to find Ciara, John in a coma, Gabi/Rafe leaving under threat, and the custody hearing, then he was fibbing, since Sonny and Will had a nice departure.

I also have read, that in the podcast.....it was mentioned that Chandler Massey (Will) was looking to work for finance company, & possibly is moving to Atlanta, while Freddie Smith (Sonny) & Alyssa are moving to Florida.

Where did you read this? Because Ken Corday said in SOD that she'll come and go, like Alison Sweeney (Sami) does. Unless he changed his mind after that recent interview.

Yes, I would like to know where that recast item was published, as well.

However, I take everything and anything Ken Corday says with a grain of salt, as I honestly do not feel he knows what really goes on at his show. He doesn't watch, he gets things wrong all the time, never reads a script, and just recently, the wrong exec producer was fired......(in my opinion)

OK, I might be losing it, but I could have sworn I saw on one of these threads that she was recast.

Back