Big Cast Changes part 2

I wouldn't mind. I don't really care for Abby and I'd like to see Gabi & Jake paired up.

What I really don't want to see is Gwen and Chad getting involved!
I've reached a point with how sanctimonious Chad is regarding his wife who murdered a man, blamed it on someone else, and they all just said, "Oopsy." I kind of hope he hooks up with Gwen and that will give everyone someone else to blame for Chad and Abby's troubles besides Gabi. There's nothing else to mine with that threesome, and I wish they could let Gabi, Chad, and Abby move on to new storylines.

If it were up to me, Chad and Abby would've stayed gone after they left in Feb 2019. They have written these two into the ground and stuck them with two kids. This show should've done a Gabi/Jake/Gwen triangle. They don't phone in their scenes. I can't say the same for Billy Flynn (Chad).

Last edited by a moderator:
The actor who plays Chad had his best scenes with Joe Mascolo (Stefano) when he was still alive and playing Stefano.

I would venture to say that the writers have not given Chad anything good to work with. He has not had a good story.

I do like the actress who plays Gwen. But I hope they make her multidimensional because right now she is playing just a one sided crazy type character. And that’s boring. I know this actress from young and the restless and she is capable of great acting and drama. I hope the Days writers can (at least try to) write something watchable.

I feel like Chad just makes no sense as a character. He's not a good or bad guy, he's just sort of there. Plus I never felt like he really fit with Abby. Maybe it was last week when he was just facing off with Gabi and they just stood there staring at each other I thought at least they have chemistry. If they hadn't made Gabi so awful they would have paired well I think. I like her with Jake too.

Honestly, I had wished this all had been a wakeup call for Corday, and for NBC......but they seem to have wasted their time off. This headwriter has to stop recycling old plots, and realize using different characters won't hide that he is using them. But mostly, he has to change his methods.....he has to stop writing one or two storylines, concentrating on them and a few characters, while letting the others sit out on the sidelines. We all see and recognize those "filler" scenes, which don't mean a thing, don't involve story, move anything, just someone having coffee at the Pub, lunch at Julie's place, or a beer at the bar. This penchant for just writing for a couple characters for 2 months, ignoring others...yep, lines are forming. Brady has been gone, Maggie, Abby, Steve & Kayla were gone, returned, no story.., Eric & Nicole, for all they went thru, finally get married, and no one there! Egads!
Corday really needs to get someone else to headwrite........too bad he burned his bridges with Sheri Anderson.

We should have caught that........I think it means to be honest....but not sure. We don't use shorthand/shortcuts/initials/, etc. on the board.

I had deleted the post because the poster cannot follow board rules, even after being repeatedly told what isn't allowed here.

It is difficult for some users to change their habits when most other boards allow all the shorthand. Those who use their phones only are especially vulnerable to just automatically doing it. But too many don't understand, which is why we don't allow it. I know confusion reigns at times on other boards that allow a lot of "code", so the posts are just skipped over, not read. That is what we try hard to avoid here.

This particular poster also used only initials to refer to actors and will not add the character's name, even though they've been told to. They've been told repeatedly that not everyone knows the actors' real names. Example of how to refer to actors: Deidre Hall (Marlena), Drake Hogestyn (John), Galen Gering (Rafe), Kristian Alfonso (Hope), etc.

This poster was also told if they couldn't follow board rules, their posts would just be deleted, which is what happened in this case.

Back