Big cast changes

I loved LOVED Hope and Bo. Him carrying her away from Larry Welch on the motorcycle was epic. I also love her friendship with Steve. She could have been epic as the new Horton matriarch like we had as Alice, and just as mischievous. I hope that she gets a decent sendoff.

Unfortunately, people don't check out the validity of things before they post online, no matter what the subject. Look at Facebook. I see fake things, scams, urban legends, etc. posted daily as "fact".
She [Hope] could have been epic as the new Horton matriarch like we had as Alice, and just as mischievous. I hope that she gets a decent sendoff.
Except they were pretty clear in their plan to keep Hope appearing to be a sexy 35 year old woman and not a mature grandmother of a 20+ year old granddaughter. I don't think she (the actress) would've been crazy about playing Hope as a mature matriarch of the family, probably preferring to leave that type of role to Susan Seaforth-Hayes (Julie) or Suzanne Rogers (Maggie).

Doesn't appear Hope was given a grand send-off since it seems like Kristian Alfonso (Hope) made her decision not to return while they've been away from the studio during lockdown. Might be a situation where she's there one day and gone the next, with a comment about her going to Hong Kong to be with Shawn and Belle or something.

Shawn & Belle will be returning to Salem in the not too distant future, so, probably will be something else. She decided perhaps to join Doug & Julie on a cruise...........go keep Jen company down in FL with Abby, ......or maybe the ISA whisked her away suddenly (as the show said happened to Steve when he was there one day, not the next). LOL. She even could be gone to CA to visit Kim perhaps.

Was just using going to see Shawn and Belle as an example of how the writers could quickly and easily explain her absence; not that she was actually going there. Heck, maybe she could to to Europe to spend time with either of her brothers, Steven or Dougie. Ehhh, the writers probably don't even know those two characters existed.

Kristian Alfonso (Hope) has other things going for her. I think jewelry and clothing. She will 57 in September, so maybe she's just ready to sit back and relax.

She sold her jewelry line 4 years ago.

Doesn't appear she has the clothing line any longer, either. When you click on site, it's blank.

Whatever the reason, she made the decision after they shut down, and told them she was done. So....there could be any number of reasons. She might not have been happy with whatever the storylines have been, or were going to be; she might have decided she was there long enough, wanted to spend time with family; she might have just tired of the routine.....no rehearsals, shooting 8 episode a week, being constantly on call, then rested. Who knows. She is a beautiful woman, spent a lot of years at the show. Hope she will enjoy her time now.

They want you to buy the SOD to get the full story. The paragraph at link says
they wanted her to be off show for five months and she decided to leave

She also said Corday told her they would never recast her character,
Didn't he say the same thing to Jensen Ackles (ex-Eric)?

So they wanted to rest the character for 4 or 5 months, then have her return and get involved with a Navy Seal.

Also, unless I've missed it, I haven't seen any glowing comments from Days management wishing her well. Interesting.

Sounds like Kristian Alfonso (Hope) just took advantage of an opportunity. She says she still has scripts that were to be shot back then, doesn't know what they will do. When they said "4-5 months off camera, maybe even 6 (Corday & Alarr) she was quite surprised.....but she'd been thinking about calling it quits for a few years.....this just sealed it in her mind. And she also says, no one knew, until she made the announcement recently. Evidently she thought about it for a while, before making her decision.

Or did Greg get fired because he protested her being off for 5-6 months. She did say Ken & Albert were the ones who informed her of the "resting period". We won't really know what exactly went on behind the scenes as they all have learned to keep their lips zipped.

Back