Brady, Theresa and the baby

See, I keep thinking how the connection from baby to mother is thru that placenta, with the umbilical cord attached to the baby's abdomen (resulting when it is cut off in the belly button).....and wondering just HOW you detach that whole thing from one woman to another? Do they take the whole sac? Graft it to the new woman? Just boggles the mind.

Ok, so I did a little research on the subject. Obviously Days took something that was perhaps possible but given the timing of said procedure, it just wouldn't have been possible in reality. Apparently, an embryo can be transferred but it has to be done prior to implantation and yes, the woman receiving the transplant would have to be taking proper hormones (progesterone) or be at the exact same time in her cycle to prepare her womb for the transfer and implantation. This tells me that the transfer would have to take place within about a week of conception. Implantation generally takes place between days 7-10. Theresa was obviously further along than that since she was able to get a positive on a home pregnancy test which can only happen once implantation takes place which produces the hormone that shows up on the test.

So, long story short, yes, apparently the procedure is possible but when it occurred here could never have happened in real life and in fact would have basically been an abortion.

I'm sorry.....:back:

All My Children did the same thing. In the 70's, Erica Kane had an abortion. Fast forward 30 some years and a grown man showed up in Pine Valley and he was her son. They said the doctor who did her abortion took the fetus and implanted it in his wife. Ummm, yeah, sure..... :rolleyes:

Let's remember that this show tells us actively not to remember things. Did we need the JJ/Eve flashback yesterday before JJ and Paige boinked? No, because it's burned into our memories forever. But because they need us to remember it, they showed it.

Does John being Paul's father make sense with the timeline they've laid out via flashbacks? NO, and they tell us just to "go with it."

Did it make sense that Daniel was conceived by IVF in the 1980s when Mickey and Maggie would have been trying that? NO. But it moves their silly plots forward. That's why I have no hope for any form of decent character development from this farce of a story, and why the only one who is even remotely rootable (and then, only as a last-ditch effort) is Kristen...because her initial slide to the Crazy side of DiMeratown started when she miscarried her baby and realised she'd lose John.

I really want to figure out a way to let Nicole have this baby, because unlike Jeannie, she's carried TWO children and has shown she can be a wonderful mother.

Wait a second here. Billie gave birth at 5 months to "Georgia" in a swamp in GA. The baby died. I remember the lady's son singing on the porch, while Billie cradled the dead baby. They had a funeral, buried the baby in a pine box in the swampy woods. Then later, there was some kind of flood and the box popped out of the ground, those people sent it to Salem. Billie then pretended she had just given birth, the baby stillborn, and it was Hope's fault. The baby was then buried in St. Luke's cemetary.......but yes, then later turned up alive, age 16 or 17, her parents having been killed in an auto accident, and Billie, not knowing who she was, looking out for her.

See, I keep thinking how the connection from baby to mother is thru that placenta, with the umbilical cord attached to the baby's abdomen (resulting when it is cut off in the belly button).....and wondering just HOW you detach that whole thing from one woman to another? Do they take the whole sac? Graft it to the new woman? Just boggles the mind.

Poirot, you didn't know? The latest medical news from some "foreign" government is that this procedure is done strictly through the arm just as is the draw of blood. Amazing how easy these things are becoming...and the rate of births is increasing, isn't it? :wink:

:OT: I remember how thin as a rail Cher never showed til she was nearly 7 mos. pregnant. She & Sonny had that variety show, and she wore all those form fitting gowns, lol. But boy, when she finally popped (This was with Chastity) it was BINGO. lol:back:

I really don't remember her showing or not, just her going into labor in the swamp, and being lucky enough there was a mid-wife handy. She did a wonderful job those scenes.

Actually, Cher was pregnant with Elijah Blue during their second show. Chastity had already been born and was a toddler when the Sonny and Cher Show started (their first show). Remember how they'd bring her out at the end of the show many times?
th

LOL, I was tryin' to figure out how I remembered Chastity so well at the end of the shows, when Cher was pregnant with her. Ha. Forgot about Elijah (her 2nd husband, Greg Alman was the father).

Well, back to Brady, Theresa & their baby. We really have not heard any scuttlebutt about that baby, so wonder if Kristen vanishes with the little one ?????

Back