Carol Burnett special

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Will definitely watch, probably at a later date on Peacock. I rarely watch anything in real time. This will be a fantastic show. Sad that all her core castmates are no longer with us, except for Vicki Lawrence and Dick Van Dyke. RIP Harvey Korman, Tim Conway and Lyle Waggoner.

If anybody has the chance to somehow catch a movie called Life of the Party: The Story of Beatrice (1982), starring Carol Burnett, I highly recommend it. It's about Beatrice O'Reilly, who founded the first alcohol recovery facility in Los Angeles. It's unusual to see her in a serious role.

Here's a little clip:

She was on an episode of Law & Order: SVU in 2009 called Ballerina. She's outstanding in that episode.

It was a a wonderful tribute to her.

I was happy they showed the classic blooper of Tim Conway going off-script during that one skit with Eunice and Mama (about the Siamese elephants). Warning, Vicki Lawrence/Mama swears at the 4:20 mark.

Loved most of the clips, some of the visiting celebrities did not go over well for me. The thing is something was off. Like Julie Andrews, who is her very good friend, was sitting with her, then wasn't, but at times, she would be. Now maybe she kept getting up, but it seemed like this all was done and filmed in spurts, Carol seemed to have the same look or expression when watching the different hosts (the live one). Maybe just me, but always loved Carol B, so ws just so happy for the tribute, the clips, & that we all were lucky enough to have been able to see and enjoy her thru the years.

I would have enjoyed a clip from Touched By an Angel with Carol and Carrie singing.

But I loved all the clips they did show. I do agree about some of the celebrities not going over well.

Back