SPOILER !! Casting Teaser

I'm not a fan of stunt casting. I can't imagine this will drive any story in the end.

For those who are SNL fans, they have a really great app now with all the old school skits. I finally found the one of The McLaughlin Group where the real John McLaughlin comes out and does the cold opener.

That's not to say Ava wasn't also her child, since there were rumors of her being Ava's mother.

Didn't care much about her coming to Days (even though I like the actress), but this has me interested. Anjelica has a rich history to tap into.

Anjelica through the years.

18422934_924446161030992_6042559497691228211_o.jpg

Morgan Fairchild will become the fourth actress to play Anjelica on "Days of Our Lives." Jane Elliot originated the role in 1987; Shelley Taylor Morgan briefly played the role when Alexander was born in 1989; and Judith Chapman played the role until the last time Anjelica was seen in 1991. Here's a look back at Anjelica through the years. In a triangle with Justin and Adrienne; as Harper's wife and Jack's stepmother; with baby Alexander; a marriage to Neil Curtis; in Halloween costume with Steve; smiling with Victor.

Baffling.

What current connections does Anjelica have to Salem? (I'd prefer her playing a new character if Jane Eliot, who just left GH and whom I most admired as Anjelica, weren't available.) Being Abby's ex-step-grandmother? Meh. If she's Ava's mom, who cares? Is Tripp going to have a romantic quadrangle with his Uncle Alex and the teen twosome of Claire/Ciara? Feh.

Last edited:
Baffling.

Yeah file this one under "Extremely Random"

I have vague memory of her from when I first started watching the show. So Dena brought her back but Ron will finish her up.

I'm kind of indifferent to this. On one hand, I like the idea of bringing in a legacy character or possibly 2 (Alex) versus another newly fabricated relative. On the other hand, this is yet another example of the show not listening to fans and that concerns me. I haven't exactly seen fans clamoring for Anjelica to return. The top names I consistently see mentioned on boards and social media are: Jack, Bo, Shawn, Belle, Carrie and Austin. The show's response to that is to bring back Sami, Will, Sheila, and now Anjelica.

Well, let's see now. Anjelica was married to Harper Deveraux (who was Jack's adoptive father). She had the affair with Justin, thus is mother of Alex. Does this cause a problem with Justin & Adrienne? Sonny?

If she is coming in during the summer, she COULD be doing so because of Ron C., new headwriter??? Not necessarily Dena.

Also, I think perhaps the new writing team might be responsible for "tweaking" this May sweeps a bit. Am sure some stories have to end or be turned to a different direction, and that should be starting slowly now. ???

Oh wow! But the woman on General Hospital, Jane Elliott, who was Tracy Quartermaine, she played Anjelica also. She just finished at GH I'm surprised they didn't tap her for the role.

Days tapes at least 5 months in advance. General Hospital only has a 4-6 week lag time. Jane Elliott probably wouldn't have been available to tape the scenes for Days.

Judith Chapman (who also played Anjelica) is currently on Y&R. And I don't think Shelley Taylor Morgan acts any longer.

I AM surprised by the lack of Shawn & Belle, but can only guess there is no idea of story for them. heck, if not on contract, they COULD be recurring. But then, truth be told, writers have their favs, and just don't even think about what could possibly be written for other characters.

Currently, Ms. Higley evidently thought highly of Nicole, and of Daniel, since he just won't stay as dead as.......oh, say, Will, Paige, Shawn, Sr., Mickey Horton, So much air time taken by Nicole these past months, not even a major story for another character. All are in the background, getting their 30 seconds of airtime on occasion, while in Nicole's story, there is constant, repetitive dialogue.

As much as I like Nicole, and think the actress is truly terrific, I think even she has to think it is overkill. :)

When I met Deidre Hall (Marlena) at Day of Days in November, she and the actors who play Shawn and Belle specifically told me to contact NBC. Not the show but NBC.

This baffles me as well but there is certainly no lack of story potential for either character. Plus the age range on the show is lacking. I say bring back Philip too. He should have been the one battling Deimos for Titan instead of Mighty Mouse I mean Sonny.

Back