Chloe and the 7 Dwarfs

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kpatch

PRELUDE

Once upon a time, Wicked Queen Kate was so jealous of her gorgeous stepdaughter Snow White, that she hired someone named Chris to kill the young woman. The inexperienced hit man took pity on Snow White and couldn’t go through with the murder. Instead, he drove her to a coal mining town in West Virginia and warned her never to return to Salem.

She wandered around town the whole night long until she was so tired that she fell asleep on the ground outside a mine shaft.

The next morning, seven dwarfs on their way to work at Titan Coal Mines came upon the homeless young woman. They took pity on her and brought her back to their cabin. They invited her to stay, asking only that she cook and clean for them as payment for her room and board.

Cast of Characters:
Snow White - Chloe
Evil Queen - Kate
Sneezy - Max
Sleepy - Daniel
Dopey - Lucas
Doc - Dr. Baker
Happy - Philip
Bashful - Will
Grumpy - Victor

TUNE IN MONDAY FOR THE START OF THIS 4-CHAPTER MINISERIES INSPIRED BY KATE AND THE POISON PÂTÉ.

Shirley – Yes, Lucas as Dopey and Victor as Grumpy were originally your ideas. And they are perfect. Thank you!!!

Thanks everyone, for the warm reception to my next story. As you read it, it is imperitive that you visualize the characters in dwarf garb.

As an aside, this story is just a fun little interlude. Because my next story will be a more serious drama, I wanted to give the readers something lighthearted before things get too heavy.

Boy, I hope this is not one of the disappearing posts. Hey kpatch, have you done Chapter 1 yet.

OOOh, thank you anna.....:)

Thanks for checking, Poirot.

anna71 is correct. The first chapter will run on Monday. There was a post by joyb and another post by redsquirrel that were lost, though.

Overture

Here’s a fun video to set the tone for the story, which starts tomorrow. Thanks to PAllison for finding the video. Note to readers: Please pretend the dancers are dwarfs instead of elves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w6E7RUWDV8

[Technical note: This overture is debuting on Sunday for the benefit of readers who are YouTube-challenged on weekdays.]

Any resemblance to persons real or fictional, living or dead, throughout this story is purely coincidental.

Thanks kpatch for posting this today so I can actually watch it. I love these elf videos (um I mean dwarf) I had received ones from my niece & daughter last Christmas.

Act I

BEHIND THE SCENES

Molly [on the phone with Dorkay]: We have a huge problem, Dick, a huuuuuge problem.
Dorkay: Who’s this?
Molly: It’s me, Molly.
Dorkay: Molly Molly Molly. I told you that I hate it when you call me and just start talking without saying who it is. It’s a tad pompous and egotistical of you to think I automatically recognize your voice.
Molly: Sorry, Dick.
Dick: So, what can I do for my favorite drama queen? Where are you?
Molly: I’m at the Hollywood Bowl. The cast is about to do their benefit performance of Snow White.
Dorkay: I know I’m going to be sorry I asked, but what’s the problem?
Molly: Daniel’s dwarf costume doesn’t fit!
Dorkay: Did you call Wardrobe?
Molly: Yes, the seamstresses are letting out his pants, but he’s in Scene I, and they won’t be ready in time.
Dorkay: That’s no big deal. Just have him stand behind someone or something, so that the audience can’t see him.
Molly: That’s a great idea! Thanks, Dick. But ... there’s something else.
Dorkay: What else?
Molly: The narrator called in sick.
Dorkay: I see. Think Molly, girl. What would Dick Dorkay do at a time like this?
Molly: Uh. You’d hand me the microphone and tell me that I’m the narrator?
Dorkay: Precisely!

Scene I

Cast of Characters:
Snow White - Chloe
Evil Queen - Kate
Sneezy - Max
Sleepy - Daniel
Dopey - Lucas
Doc - Dr. Baker
Happy - Philip
Bashful - Will
Grumpy - Victor

Molly the Narrator: Once upon a time, Wicked Queen Kate was so jealous of her gorgeous stepdaughter Snow White, that she hired an assistant named Chris to kill the young woman. The inexperienced hit man couldn’t go through with the murder. Instead, he drove Snow White to a coal mining town in West Virginia and warned her never to return to Salem.

Snow White wandered around town the whole night long until she was so tired that she fell asleep on the ground outside a mine shaft.

The next morning, seven dwarfs on their way to work at Titan Coal Mines came upon the homeless young woman. They took pity on her and brought her back to their cabin. They invited her to stay, asking only that she cook and clean for them as payment for her room and board.

This is their story.

THE DWARF’S CABIN

Snow White: Good morning Sleepy Daniel.
Sleepy: Good morning, beautiful!
Grumpy: Ha! I find it quite interesting, Daniel, that you never used to be Sleepy before Snow White started living here.
Snow White: Good morning, Grumpy Victor.
Grumpy: What’s “good” about it?
Snow White: The birds are singing, the sun is shining, it’s a glorious day.
Grumpy: That was a rhetorical question. You’re always so happy, Snow White.
Snow White: Aw, gee, thank you Grumpy.
Grumpy: I hate happy people.
Happy: Good morning everyone!
Snow White: I’m glad you’re always so happy, Happy Philip. I love seeing those dimples when you smile.
Grumpy: Have you found your own place yet?
Snow White: I’m not looking for my own place.
Grumpy: Crap!
Snow White: The other dwarfs seem to want me to stay here.
Grumpy: That’s because they’re all sleeping in your bed.
Snow White: They are not!
Happy: No, you’re getting her mixed up with Goldilocks.
Grumpy: If the shoe fits...
Happy: Now you’re thinking of Cinderella.
Grumpy: Well they sure as hell don’t want her to stay because of her cooking.
Snow White: They LOVE my cooking.
Grumpy: Ha! That’s what YOU think. Those elves will say anything to get into your...
Snow White: Grumpy! Watch your language! That’s a terrible thing to say.
Grumpy: How did you get the name Snow White anyway? Village Tramp would be a better name. You haven’t been snow white since the year 1,000 B.C.
Bashful: That’s not nice, Grumpy!
Snow White: Bashful Will, why don’t you go outside and play. You’re too young to be listening to this kind of bullsh--.
Bashful: Okay. But why can’t Grumpy be nice once in a while?
Grumpy: They aren’t paying me to be nice!

BEHIND THE SCENES

Molly: Dick, this is Molly. I need you to send someone over from the Props Department. The Scenery guy went home sick with the stomach flu.
Dick: Okay okay okay. Keep your shirt on. I’ll see if I can threaten someone to come over to the Hollywood Bowl on short notice.
Molly: Thanks Dick! You’re a peach.

Molly the Narrator: To be continued...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back