SPOILER !! Christmas in Salem (spoiler thread)

Gotta say, it is all very confusing.
I thought that the viewing public this year, 2019, would be seeing The Hortons hanging ornaments in 2020, but talking about what happened in 2019. Meaning, for us, in a couple months, we would see them celebrating 2020 Christmas, talking of 2019.

If they're hanging ornaments at Christmas 2020, they would be talking about the year 2020 (and maybe the end of 2019, but not the full year, since we saw that year up to now)

Yep, because in another week, Salem would be in 2021, while the real world would be in 2020. Very confusing, to say the least.

Gotta say, it is all very confusing.
I thought that the viewing public this year, 2019, would be seeing The Hortons hanging ornaments in 2020, but talking about what happened in 2019. Meaning, for us, in a couple months, we would see them celebrating 2020 Christmas, talking of 2019.

Now, you are saying what we won't see whatever until next Christmas, which will be OUR Christmas 2020???? Because that is 13 months away. Already getting a headache.

This is November 2019 airing this week.

The Christmas I'm teasing is Christmas 2020, so the stuff I'm teasing technically takes places 13 months from what is happening in Salem today.

Once the time jump happens on Friday (and they skip over 12 months), the Christmas I'm teasing will be just 1 month from what is happening in Salem as of next week.

I thought we were going to see flashbacks from the Christmas that was skipped.

Yes, you will. There are 6 newly created flashbacks on the Christmas Eve episode showing what some of the characters were doing a year prior during the Christmas 2019 season. None of the 6 flashbacks are at the Horton House, so as far as I know, we will NOT be seeing any of the Horton Christmas 2019 that is skipped over (at least not on Christmas Eve). Perhaps they will show some of those flashbacks either before or after the Christmas Eve episode.

I think I'm happy they are skipping forward. I realize that I'm fast forwarding a bunch lately. Too much going on that is just irritating. I am so over Gabi's playing with Julie's pacemaker! And give Jack and Jennifer a flipping break. Can't anyone on Days have some happiness?

I think I'm happy they are skipping forward. I realize that I'm fast forwarding a bunch lately. Too much going on that is just irritating. I am so over Gabi's playing with Julie's pacemaker! And give Jack and Jennifer a flipping break. Can't anyone on Days have some happiness?
At least it will be something new and different. The current storylines have gotten really old and boring.

That is what happens when you keep repeating the same strokes, different folks. In this past year, how many Salemites landed in the hospital? On life support? How many times has only Kayla with the aid of just one nurse, been called to "save", operate, do E.R., etc. ? Never mind, if we are getting a reset, as it has been called, we soon will find out just how this will have changed what happens in Salem.

After watching today, and Jack telling Jennifer that she's been asleep for 1 year. Is this meaning that they jumped from 2018 to 2019 and we're now a little more or track?:sarcasm:

This is November 2019 airing this week.

The Christmas I'm teasing is Christmas 2020, so the stuff I'm teasing technically takes places 13 months from what is happening in Salem today.

Once the time jump happens on Friday (and they skip over 12 months), the Christmas I'm teasing will be just 1 month from what is happening in Salem as of next week.

I think that's what I was trying to say in my earlier post! :rotfl:

I'm not sure how, but I still think they will adjust something during the next year so we end up with 2020 before the end of the year. Like only six months of speed up/flashbacks and we're back to 2020. Just speculation on my part.

Thomas already has an ornament. Julie and Maggie said they bribed "Mr. Early" (the man who makes their ornaments) with baked goods to work fast since Thomas was only born a month before Christmas.

803db9f68527ece35920460e14e40d65.jpg

While Charlotte didn't get a Horton ornament last year, she did have a cute little ornament on the DiMansion tree, which Stefan later smashed (when he found out Charlotte wasn't his child)

5aab1c9ea1c4d42ca746489b71a3d5ff.jpg

Strangely, no ornament has been made for Holly, even though Daniel, Melanie and Parker all have ornaments. Heck, even Nicole has an ornament from when she was married to Lucas, although it hasn't been hung/shown since that one time.

In Salem, it is now November 8, 2020. Technically, they already know who won the presidential election. :rotfl:
JS, I wouldn't count on this. Salemites have never demonstrated any knowledge of events that don't concern members of the Salem in-crowd. Of course, this may not be their fault. Victor's Titan TV and Jenny's Spectator only seem to cover local news and the Intruder only dishes Salem dirt. If the blizzard of the century struck, Titan TV and the Specator would probably report it in the following manner: "Blizzard Buries Middle West: Chicagoans Cut off from Salem." Of course, they could be truly oblivious like Al Bundy and his family on an old episode of Married with Children. They were watching a TV set up in a store window, and when the announcer said that he was about to report the winner of the presidential election, the whole family just walked away.

My guess: Jack, Jen, Chad, Abby, Thomas, Charlotte, Julie, Doug, Maggie, Sarah, Baby Mickey, Gina/Hope, Ciara, possibly Ben, possibly Rafe and David, Eli, Sonny, Arianna, Gabi, possibly Will, possibly Xander

Days Christmas Eve sneak peek. Teaser act info starts to fill in.

Here's the next clues for Christmas Eve in Salem, a look at the first act of the episode.

T-A (1-2) Prison Visiting/Common Room (with sad-looking bare Christmas tree) (?, ?, Guard U/5)
T-B (3) Nurses' Station (?, ?, Xs)
T-C (4-5) ?'s Hospital Room (?, ?) (Jason47 Note: NOT Jennifer)
T-D (6) Horton House (?, ?)
T-E (7) TBA (?, ?)
T-F (8-9) DiMera Study (?, Gabi, ?, ?)

Back