Christmas movies schedule

I had never seen The Sound of Music. A coworker brought in the movie (on VHS) for me to borrow one day. I put it on while I was assembling a shelving unit, so I wasn't paying 100% attention. I honestly didn't care for the movie and it felt like it was an eternity until the end. I rewound the tape and gave it back to her. Another coworker started asking me questions about if I liked this part or that part. I was confused, because I hadn't seen the parts he was asking about. I realized the movie must've been on 2 separate VHS tapes (like the Titanic movie) and she had only given me the first one.

At this point, my coworker was confused, because he knew the whole movie was on one VHS tape. He asked what was the last part I saw. I said when she was walking down the aisle to marry the dad. Turns out, I thought it was just a love story and thought it ended with the marriage of Maria and the dad. So I clicked it off and rewound the tape. Had no idea there was way more to the movie. They teased me about that for years. :rotfl:

oh, my gosh....... LOLOLOL

I never miss it.....just love all the singing..........

I've worked the show as a person placing sets, doing props, dressing folks. It was a favorite in Sacramento. Since our summer theatre was in the round, our sets had to be creative. The "Alps" were on a ramp with wheels and as the family climbed the "Alps" the set folks pulled the the mountain range up the aisle.

Halfway through, they have the big finish of the song, my youngest and another set person would be laying in the aisle on their bellies holding the ramp for the finale then lights go dark and the cast gets off the "Alps" and run off to change for curtain call meanwhile my son and his helper had to pull and store the set piece before the audience left. I had to, depending on my job, store props or change folks into their curtain call clothing.

Son avoids Sound of Music now. Has nightmares of the Alps slipping.

I try to catch it when it's on.

Watched another classic this morning: Room For One More with Cary Grant and Bessie Drake.

I was reading up on the movie. A decade later a TV show was made from the movie, with Peggy McCay (Caroline Brady) as the mom.

Room_for_One_More_cast.jpg

The original or the remake from 1994 with Mara Wilson (who was in Matilda)?

I had never seen the 1994 remake until last year.

Back