katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

link to article

https://tvline.com/2019/11/12/days-of-our-lives-cancelled-cast-fired-season-56/

NOTE: here is Jason47's reply (shown down in post #8) - JS

Here's my response on FB:

Regarding the TV Line report, Calm Down Days Fans.

TV Line just posted an article about the entire Days cast being released from contract. With the show going on an extended production hiatus, this is a necessary business move. With most contract cycles only being 13 weeks, and the show going on hiatus for more than 13 weeks, this was the only possible option.

With Days now having taped into July 2020, and written episodes into August 2020, the show was always going to have to suspend production at this point until they get word from NBC about its renewal decision, since they are pretty close to having written the last episode of the current contract.

So, Days fans, don't look at this as a reason to worry, or a sign that NBC will not renew the show. This is just a necessary business decision. In fact, in the past, actors whose 13-week cycles ended during previous long production breaks, have quietly had their contracts lapse and then sign new ones when the show returns from break. So this is NOT the first time this has happened. It's just the first time it's been reported to this degree.

O.K. I have known that Days was taking time off starting end of this month for a while, and have posted here about it. My thought is that if they are shutting for 3 mos or so, they won't have to pay salaries to those on contract, will they? I just cannot imagine Days doing new sets, and the "reboot" of Salem, just to cancel it all. Again, just guessing, but once again, think NBC wants to cut what it pays, so there will have to be belt tightening all over, and if they are able to get cast back, yep, pay cuts. We will see.

Poirot, that’s what I was thinking. Also they may renegotiate all contracts. They have spent a lot on the reboot and also the webcasts. For the first time in years I didn’t look at spoilers this weekend. I even stayed off the internet on Monday because here in Utah, days doesn’t air until 1:07 am. I didn’t dvr, I stayed up to watch live. Because the suspense was back. Haven’t felt so excited to watch for years. It would be sad to see it go now.

Here's my response on FB:

Regarding the TV Line report, Calm Down Days Fans.

TV Line just posted an article about the entire Days cast being released from contract. With the show going on an extended production hiatus, this is a necessary business move. With most contract cycles only being 13 weeks, and the show going on hiatus for more than 13 weeks, this was the only possible option.

With Days now having taped into July 2020, and written episodes into August 2020, the show was always going to have to suspend production at this point until they get word from NBC about its renewal decision, since they are pretty close to having written the last episode of the current contract.

So, Days fans, don't look at this as a reason to worry, or a sign that NBC will not renew the show. This is just a necessary business decision. In fact, in the past, actors whose 13-week cycles ended during previous long production breaks, have quietly had their contracts lapse and then sign new ones when the show returns from break. So this is NOT the first time this has happened. It's just the first time it's been reported to this degree.

With the time jump, it's going to be important to get fans who used to watch
to start watching again. Maybe the fans can get the ratings up again

And do not forget that Days will not be shown for 2 weeks (Olympics) in August. So, there is a long hiatus for the cast, they have known for some time, and those who might have wanted to do something else have enough time to do it.

Hello all, just looked on TMZ, one of my daily rituals, and there is an article about the cast of Days:

It's feeling like the end of days for the stars of "Days of Our Lives" -- the entire cast just got released from their contracts.

TMZ has confirmed the producers of the more than 50-year-old soap opera let all their actors out of their deals ... meaning they're all free to get new jobs, but it doesn't necessarily mean the show's definitely sunk.

The NBC sudser, which is about to begin season 55, is going on indefinite hiatus. The network is expected to decide in early 2020 whether to bring it back for season 56.

The good news for 'Days' fans ... the soap shoots 8 months in advance, and there's going to be enough episodes in the bank when the show halts production at the end of November to last through Summer 2020. Whew.

but let it be known the show has NOT been cancelled.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even Yahoo's front page is making a big deal of it:

8054521216e9221469d70ca4c448a87e.jpg

It's been trending for over an hour on Twitter

Back