Contract news

If for some reason NBC cancels the show next year, I hope it will allow them to settle storylines and bring some happily ever afters about

I don't like this one year ahead business. It's brought nothing but confusion for me to the point that I will not watch and just read to see what is coming next. It is ruined.

I have had a suspicion that Days was not coming back when everybody and his mother returned from the dead, sort of a "here are all your favorites once more so you can say goodbye". Bah!

Days is not going anywhere....and the hiatus was planned for long time. It is a shame that one article assumed something, and started rumors flying all over the place.

what they have done is unique, interesting. No different than seeing a friend or relative after a long time............and catching up on all that happened since you last saw each other.

CAMILA BANUS (Gabi) COMMENTS ON TODAY'S NEWS: "I HAVE NOT BEEN FIRED. NEITHER HAVE ANY OF MY CO-STARS, SO YOU GUYS RELAX"

Camila Banus (Gabi) posted a video on Periscope earlier today. In it, Banus states this: "All these articles, with headlines saying that our show's being axed, that we have all been fired is bs. I have not been fired from Days of Our Lives. That is ridiculous. None of my co-stars have been fired from the show. For articles, for TMZ to be putting that we have been fired, that we have been let go is ridiculous and fake, false news. And it's shameful."

"The way that these articles are being written, that is ridiculous and slanderous and false. We are very, very ahead in shooting. We always take a hiatus for Christmas, but because we are so ahead, we are taking it before. Again, I have not been fired. Neither have any of my co-stars, so you guys relax."

"We are not going on hiatus to catch up [with how far ahead the show tapes]. We are going on hiatus to go on hiatus. That's just our regular break for Thanksgiving and for Christmas, but because we are so much ahead, we are just going on hiatus a couple of weeks before. It's not that big of a deal. Don't believe everything that you read."

Jason47, unlike most articles today, told Days fans to calm down. Hopefully this additional video from Camila Banus (Gabi) will help with that.

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1MnxnEakydEJO

Other cast members have also posted denials of being fired.......but it sure shows how fast other websites picked up the story, writing their own, adding a few ideas here and there, etc. And since, on the show, it appeared that 3 characters were already gone (Adrienne, Haley, Jordan) not helping the spread of the "news".

It is a shame that Sony or NBC did not put out a statement themselves, but if they had, probably would have been misinterpreted as the various "news" mags put their own spin on things.

When NBC cut what they pay Days so drastically, the show had to really cut corners, tighten belts, and took them a while to work out how to do it.......for them. Thus, they cut rehearsals, sets, used a set more frequently in order to cut the time for set up, take down, etc. Backstage crew was reduced, actors took pay cuts, but they found that filming an extra scene or 2 enabled them to do 6 shows in a week.

Trouble is, then it was 7, 8, they began getting further and further ahead. I remember when they were 5 months ahead, and it was thought too far.

Any actors that come on board (like Robin Strasser/Vivian recently) have all commented on the speed of the filming, how actors have to run lines privately, no retakes, etc. And, of course, there has been interference from "the suits" at NBC/Sony, which has mostly been detrimental. They actually have said, no we don't want this or that to happen, OR we want such and such to be written in some way.

And of course, by the time the feedback comes in, too late to change a thing. Thus we get dead folks being brought back to life, never were dead, mistakes, etc. etc.

Just like when Jim Reilly killed off all those major characters in the Salem Stalker story, the actors were definitely fired, the feedback was horrendous (See, told you Corday doesn't pay attention at all) & Reilly was ordered to bring them back, no one cared how, just do it. And so, we got Melaswen. Execs were horrified ...all those major characters gone! The actors have said in interviews, yes, they were fired, were seeking other jobs, some got them. O.K. old news, sorry.

The hiatus now is a good move, and perhaps when they resume filming, they can slow back down to 5 shows a week, so they don't get so far ahead again.

I posted about the Nov 27 hiatus back in September after I attended a fan event in NY with a specific cast member. The hiatus is not news. What I didn't post at the time or after that is that said cast member also mentioned that his/her contract was ending on Nov 27 and wouldn't be resolved until they knew about a return date from hiatus. I purposely did not mention the contract piece on here or on social media because I knew people would misconstrue it which appears to be what is happening now.

Shame on self-proclaimed Days fan Michael Ausiello of TVLine for starting this all. Where was he on Saturday? Maybe he should have come to Day of Days and given the show he claims to love some positive press instead of wreaking unnecessary havoc.

I like the idea of them going on hiatus so it's only filmed maybe 2 months in advance, not 6 or 7, because if we all hate it, it's too far ahead to fix it. I hope it doesn't get axed. I am enjoying the time jump and I really didn't think I would.

That won't be the case though, and Camila Banus (Gabi) even said that's not the reason for the hiatus. If they go back in March (which is the date I've heard the most reported) then they still be 5 months ahead, and quickly get to 6-7 months ahead again, so it really won't help anything in regards to being way far ahead as it's been in recent years.

Back