Contract news

That won't be the case though, and Camila Banus (Gabi) even said that's not the reason for the hiatus. If they go back in March (which is the date I've heard the most reported) then they still be 5 months ahead, and quickly get to 6-7 months ahead again, so it really won't help anything in regards to being way far ahead as it's been in recent years.

I think there are some mixed messages out there about this. At the event I attended in September, the actor also mentioned shortening the tape to air gap.

For some reason her comments make me want to:sick:

Same

I thought the same thing about Ausiello.

And true, the hiatus will not affect anything we see. The only time Days will not be seen at all will be during the summer Olympics in August. Don't know if the cast will be filming then, or be off, like the show. The cast will probably be filming beginning in March.

Days just did new sets, launched their web app series, remodeled other sets. Do you think, honestly, they would have done that if planning to close up shop? Naahhhh. !!

I don't know about ABC and General Hospital, but it amazes me that CBS allows Y&R and B&B such generous budgets, to the point of still letting them do foreign location shoots, yet NBC keeps slashing and slashing Days' budget.

At Day of Days, Ken Corday specifically said he was looking forward to the 60th anniversary of the show. And I agree about the apps and sets. Plus the fact that they had Day of Days and NBC's Bruce Evans was there. Those aren't signs of a show about to close up shop.

I don't know about ABC and General Hospital, but it amazes me that CBS allows Y&R and B&B such generous budgets, to the point of still letting them do foreign location shoots, yet NBC keeps slashing and slashing Days' budget.

I don't know the answer but Disney/ABC does a really good job of cross-promotion. You can find print ads for GH all over the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida. They treat it just like any other ABC or Freeform show in terms of how they promote.

I remember reading years ago that ABC owns General Hospital. It had a major effect on the show when One Life to Live ended and was also mentioned when the rumours that Days would be cancelled by NBC and picked up by ABC were swirling. That may be why promotion is so different - a bigger chunk of coin is ABC's when ratings/revenues go up.

At Day of Days, Ken Corday specifically said he was looking forward to the 60th anniversary of the show.
Of course he is - he loves the money from the legacy he inherited.

Just to play devil's advocate - I've worked for companies in decline. They love to throw money around. It may work, it may not - they don't care. (I hope that isn't what is happening, and that the expences they've rolled out are showing interest in the show.)

I will state this unequivocally, Ken Corday does NOT throw money around on the show itself. That is certain. I do give credit for the updates, which were badly needed. Perhaps if wardrobe began shopping at TJ Maxx, Marshalls, for a change, instead of all those high end stores on Rodeo Drive, they could save $$$ to help pay for ,.......oh, I don't know. An extra doctor or nurse at the hospital, under 5. Maybe another EMT besides JJ. Maybe a real looking office? Conference room? Also, get the actresses into some low heeled shoes, the kind real medical people, cops, shoppers wear. LOL

Originally, the production break was said to last thru Feb. Because the masses were all over the internet talking of Days being cancelled, NBC announced their contract with Days was renewed (they did it early). There is usually a 3 or4 week break for the holidays, but this was to be longer. I am thinking some thought with the contract renewal, production would resume in January, as it usually did. But they really never said that. Days is so far ahead, they had to do something drastic, and I hope when production resumes, they will slow down the filming somewhat.

When you think about it, Days was shutting down one week every month, and they still kept increasing their lead time. And it showed in the repetition, the way some actors just sort of recited their lines, some call it "phoning" in their scenes. I do hope Days is getting itself back on track.

There was never a return date stated which is why the contract speculation started in the first place. With the holiday weekend next week, my guess is they will come back sometime in February. I still fear that we may lose some cast members.

Back