Daniel's death

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So, it is not bad enough that the master of all trades, Dr. Dan, was able to save Brady's life with his heart, and has miraculously managed to be able to have his body not begin to deteriorate in the morgue since he is not in a cooler.....AND for 3 weeks...(if any other organs were used, it would have been done first day, the minute he was off life support), but now......

Yes, they finally are going to have Daniel's funeral, or memorial service or whatever. But that is not all. A shrine is built in the square to honor him. Oh, yes, flowers, pictures, yep, right in the middle of the Square. (saw a pic of Chloe & Parker looking at it - I think this came from SOD)

Wonder if it takes the place of Alice & Tom's plaque??? :sarcasm:

Well, it will give Maggie a reason to be in the town square, making sure the flowers stay fresh.

It would do better to name the hospital floor the Daniel Jonas floor. And name the rooms on the floor the Chloe, the Jennifer, and decorate them in the favorite colors of the named winners.

If we, as viewers, feel like that (yes, count me in), I can't even imagine how some of the actors who have been treated horribly by Days over the last few years, and whose characters have died with barely a mention, feel about this. Matt Ashford, playing Jack Devereaux, to name just one. It's like Daniel Jonas was the best there ever was in Salem. :rolleyes: This is really, and I mean, really too much.

And what about those actors/characters who are still there, but have a scene once in a blue moon. Bryan Dattilo, playing Lucas Horton, to name just one.

Again : :rolleyes:

Do the writers NEVER pay attention to the fans?? Most folks didn't care much for Dr. Dan the Tan Man and now they will make him a hero?:confused::confused:

Well, to be fair, Daniel has been a hero pretty much ever since he first step foot in Salem. Back then, I used to say it was "The Sami and EJ show", closely followed by the "Dr Daniel Jonas Show". :rolleyes::angry:

From what I can gather (and seen), the character of Daniel Jonas was created by Dena Higley, and was much loved by the Tomlin/Whitesell writing team. I can only guess that with her return, and the decision to write out Daniel, all this "love & mourning" is something that perhaps she wanted to do.
I know Ms. Higley went on a leave of absence some time last summer, and honestly, I don't know if she has returned yet. I also know Beth Milstein was hired to fill in the space after Higley was not around.

I don't understand all the hoopla and build up for Jack Deveraux. He was kind of a jerk, as well as an absentee dad and husband. So why has he become so popular to bring back?

Last edited:
Do the writers NEVER pay attention to the fans?? Most folks didn't care much for Dr. Dan the Tan Man and now they will make him a hero?:confused::confused:

I think you may be surprised at the amount of fans that liked Daniel. I am one of them. You cannot make all fans happy all the time. Many fans also liked Sami & EJ, so you make them happy but you upset, say, Sami & Lucas fans.

Oh, yes, flowers, pictures, yep, right in the middle of the Square. (saw a pic of Chloe & Parker looking at it - I think this came from SOD)
Fantasy posts do come true! A while ago, on the Society Page thread, I posted a faux article announcing the formation of a Jonas Memorial Committee As for the memorial itself, perhaps guys hoping to get lucky with the lady of their choice can leave offerings at the shrine to the biggest horn dog of them all. (Sorry Casanova, but you were small change compared to the perpetually-tanned Dr. McScruffy.)

Well, to be fair, Daniel has been a hero pretty much ever since he first step foot in Salem. Back then, I used to say it was "The Sami and EJ show", closely followed by the "Dr Daniel Jonas Show". :rolleyes::angry:
For a while it certainly was the Jonas hour. When the Love Doctor was on almost daily, the show may as well have been entitled: The Days (and Nights) of Dr. Daniel Jonas.

I don't think there was much wrong with Daniel as a surgeon. I think most folks did like the character, or perhaps could say the didn't dislike the character. Until the writers began giving him super powers. Oh, there were a few things that people joked about, like the perpetual tan, or seeming to be attracted to females in hospital gowns. No different than teasing about Mickey Horton never winning a case, or the Salem P.D. being unable to solve a crime.
But it just all got pushed too far. Inventing serums, Investigating crime, rescuing people in danger, father confessor to the young. All things to all people
Daniel was on nearly every day, taking the place in storylines that belonged to others in Salem. Not the actor's fault, not at all. He really is a good actor.

And now, even in death, he has garnered more than his share of airtime.

Don't you think that maybe naming this huge winter storm after him was a bit much. I mean "Storm Jonas"?!? And of course, not JUST a winter storm, but one bringing historic snow levels!! NO idea there were so many Days fans in high places. :rotfl:

Yes, for those of us near the east coast, Jonas is not a very heroic name right about now.

But since Salem is supposedly in the mid-west, maybe they should just rename the whole city after Daniel and be done with it.

After how disrespectfully the death of Will (a third generation character who featured prominently in an historically important cultural storyline) was treated, I'm sickened by this news.

Hey, the new pediatric wing that Victor is funding is supposed to be called the Daniel Jonas Pediatric Center.

Dear God what about Bo? I have no more words.

Last edited by a moderator:
Their biggest mistake was giving a date of the 18th when Hope confessed at the police station. They put attention to that it had been 18 days since the accident, since the accident also happened on a specific date, the 1st. If they hadn't done that it would have been like normal, 3 Salem days takes a 2 weeks to a month real time then they jump ahead after. They need to be more careful about giving specific dates if they're going to do things like leave a body laying around/take so long to have a funeral. We always have to take time with a grain of salt but this is majorly pushing it to a point of annoyance.

I don't think the photo is from SOD. I just read it and didn't see a photo or mention of a shrine in HTS.

It's sad that it's taken Salem almost a month to mourn Daniel and probably longer given Nicole is not moving on anytime soon.

Back