Daniel's death

CZU3uN2WwAAOVNX.jpg

Well!!! Many of you have made your feelings known about Daniel, which in my opinion is your privilege. Now in my opinion, I loved Daniel and he was getting better and better as time went on. He does deserve the honor. Look at all the lives he saved in Salem. Just that alone, puts him in a special place in the hearts of Salemites. Loved him and will miss him

Now Nicole, once again is left alone. But in this case, I feel Nicole has learned much from Daniel. Nicole has grown from her relationship with him. I am sure we will see the results of this in the episodes to come. ShaSha

Daniel was on nearly every day, taking the place in storylines that belonged to others in Salem.
In fact he was on so much, even after months (Oct, Nov, Dec) with just a few appearances each, he still placed 5th or 6th in appearances for the YEAR of 2015!!

Good riddance, I say! Overkill from the last writers ruined him for me.

If JJ must mourn Daniel, I'd prefer he do it with Gabi. They could talk about some of their losses together. That being said, I'm glad Abigail is doing something not Chad-related.

It may be true that the previous writers liked the Daniel character. He was involved with many storylines: clearing Eric, helping JJ, Melanie, Chloe and Parker, and the RIDICULOUS elephant storyline, knowing Xander from the past, not to mention all the goings on at the hospital. I started liking the character when Nicole was pregnant with EJ's baby and had pulled for Daniel and Nicole to be together since then.

The writers could and should have made their path straighter and maybe people would have felt differently. As for now, and the endless waiting for a funeral, it's horrible. I've said it before and I'll say it again, all of the things that supposedly happen "offscreen" and one day lasting a week or two are things that have driven fans away. There has to be balance and timing, even if it is "just a soap".

Just wait till he starts working miracles from the dead. If there is an emergency and Brady can perform doctor procedures. :rotfl::sarcasm: If this happens, I'm gonna crack up laughing. Imagine Brady in an isolated cabin and someone needs a kidney transplant or he fixes his own transplanted heart.

My biggest complaint about Daniel both when he was living and now that he is dead is that almost everybody in Salem treated him like he was the greatest being that ever walked the earth and that he was a saint. Bo and Will were forgotten almost immediately after they were buried with the exception of those closest to them (Caroline and Hope for Bo, Lucas for Will), while people who barely knew Daniel are still mourning his loss and talking about him weeks after his death. Also, a relatively new character gets a shrine in Horton Town Square, while long time veteran Bo and legacy character Will did not?

Other reasons I did not like Daniel includes the fact that the few people on the show that did not like him (Lucas, JJ when he first came to town, Theresa) were made to look like the bad guys and were villainized by the town. Daniel was looked on like a saint, but his actions showed that he had flaws like everybody else. He looked down on women like Kristen, Nicole, Eve, and Theresa, would actually put his hands on them and shake them when he was trying to get them to admit to any wrongdoing. I am not saying they were perfect and were definately written to be the bad girls, but I don't like it when men use physical strength against women. He also treated Jennifer and Chloe horribly when they were together with him and would make them emotionally dependent on him. I cheered the time Jennifer wised up and dumped his sorry butt.

I might have tolerated him better if he had been called out on his behavior over the years. I also wish they would have retconned that egg baby story with him and Maggie once Melanie left town. I did like the fact that they toned him down when they paired him with Nicole (and severely backburnered him), but they never addressed his horrible behavior with her before they paired him up with her, so I will not miss him now that he is gone. I just dislike the story they are going with the transplanted heart in Brady. Even in death, the writers made sure Daniel lives on :angry:.

Well on the up side, that doesn't look permanent.

It irks me that Will got 30 seconds of mourning and everyone has forgotten him - a legacy child of a legacy child! But Daniel gets a month of wailing and carrying on.

I feel about Daniel the way I feel about Rafe. I like them, but after a while, I couldn't care less because of their holier than thou attitudes, and rarely any consequences for their behavior. Yet they are still considered heroes when they're far from it. And the horrible way Daniel treated Nicole is why I didn't like them getting back together. After he treated her so badly, it was pointless. It reminded me of how horribly Lucas treated Sami when he married Carrie. Same thing, when they got back together, it was pointless as well.

Daniel does deserve a send off, but I don't like that he seems to be getting more attention that Bo did. Bo was an iconic character, and in no way should Daniel's death upstage Bo's...or Will...or even Stefano!

To me the difference between Daniel and Rafe though is that Rafe has more humility and HAS actually suffered consequences for his actions. He lost his steady job at the FBI because of what he did for Sami. He lost his job at the Salem PD because of how he covered up his sister's actions with Andrew. He also wasn't perfect in his marriage with Sami (ahem Carrie). And he has never been written as perfect. Hero maybe but not perfect.

Daniel on the other hand continues to be written as perfect and never seems to get more than a slap on the wrist when he does something he is not supposed to do. Even in death, he is dominating storyline talk and overtaking the show.

Not a Dr. Tan fan here. The hospital gown fetish did it for me. Never did warm up to the character. And I too am not happy about the Horton Town Square memorial. A HORTON just died (Will) tragically, and no memorial for him. Bo just died who was dearly loved by "Mrs H.", and MARRIED to a Horton, and no memorial for him either. Dr. McScruffy, tan man wonder boy egg baby, the mourning is endless, a hospital wing, a memorial, so much sorrow. Ugggghhh!

I missed one episode. I have never seen a funeral for Daniel (who I liked). I've seen comments elsewhere, saying they thought Nicole overdid it. Have they ever lost the person they loved? I'm probably off topic, but I never understood the dislike for Daniel. He wasn't any different than any other doctor in Salem. They could all deliver babies, do brain and heart surgery and whatever else needed one. Oh--to the person who mentioned Bo above. Amen!!

Back