Days 50th Video Montages (begin 8/31)

Nice to see Kim & Shane in there!
But only one of them and Jack and Jennifer, lol. They could have cut down on the Bo and Hope clips. They seem to be showing them in the majority of the montages so far. As for John and Marlena, why couldn't they show the reunion on the pier? They already showed that clip on the river last week on Great adventures.

I was VERY happy to see Jack & Jen.......and also Shane & Kim.
Do agree about overkill on the Bo/Hope scenes in these things, but maybe that is to make up for the lack of any real BO this past month.

I love seeing these old clips. But I'm confused. Are these airing on TV at the beginning of the show? I DVR the show every day and have not seen them at all. What am I missing?

Loved Ernesto. Great villain. Good motivation, good crazy...and gone after his arc was done.

Who was that young guy arguing with Alex North? :wink:

I also liked how they had Vivian go bonkers, then blamed it on her medicinal herbs so they could dial her back and keep her around as more of a corporate/love triangle villain. Wish they'd done something like that with Stefano.

these are clips shown at NBC web site only
OH well no wonder I'm not seeing them.Thought they was supposed to be before the show on air lol

Someone post them on Twitter I saw the villain one today...I let it be known what scene I thought EJ's should have been :wink: It for sure wasn't that weak scene thrown in. Still swept under that rug...which has a lot of evil under it.:tsk:

Last edited:
I know he's not portrayed as much of a villain now, but Victor should have also been part of this video. Next to Stefano, he was one of the biggest villains on the show for several years.

Ugh, to that clip with Kristen and Eric.

That scene with Vivian and Carly buried alive has always creeped me out. For sure, Vivian belongs on this montage.

I loved that they included Roman and Stefano on the cliff. That was one of the best scenes in the show's history.

Thank you for looking kat. I know it's usually easier to view those on YouTube since the NBC site is sometimes a little weird.

I liked this montage for the most part but did not think it was necessary to include EJ embracing the kids, Brady/Madison (what is tearjerky about that???), or Stefano/Kristen re: EJ's death when they also included Sami's reaction to that which was sufficient. I did like most of the rest although I don't know about Parker's birth either. I lost it watching those scenes with Hope going "no, no, no, no!!" at the news that Zack was dead and the Lexie dying scenes.

What I don't get about these montages is why they aren't encompassing the full 50 years. I think the lady who puts the weekly promos together has also been putting these montages together and when asked about it she said something about not having footage of everything. Um, what? Doesn't this stuff get archived somewhere? Sure, technology has changed a lot since 1965 but gimme a break at not having access to footage.

Agreed Sparkster. Though I was glad to see Isabella's death included. That scene of her dropping her arm is still with me to this day. They should have showed Steve's "death", Tom/Alice's deaths (that scene where Alice comes into the living room), Grace's death, Bo/Hope giving up JT, etc.

EJ hugging his kids and Brady and his former girlfriend who was on the show for 5 minutes don't count as tear jerkers.

On another note, can we change the title of this thread to Days 50th Promos or something like that?

Back