Days backstage internal investigation/Updated 8/4

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That article is truly an eye opener - very interesting read......hard to believe he only got a tap on the wrist, with all the allegations. We all knew Corday wasn't paying any attention to the show, he doesn't really care it seems. Definitely not of the same outlook towards the show as his parents were. I remember when Greg Meng, who was exec producer, an excellent one, was let go. (Exec producer). Wrong one was let go it seems.

Corday needs to get on the ball, pay attention, be available to cast & crew, in other words, take hold of the reins and be in charge. And if he needs someone savvy enough to help him make GOOD decisions, then hire a personal assistant or something. (they are great at making up titles for positions, lol)

Hard to believe this is going on in 2023. It’s sad to hear. Even more sad that this guy was not fired based on the investigation. He sounds like a creep with no integrity. I’m guessing actors are not allowed to comment. But I’d love to hear from veterans of the show, Deidre Hall (Marlena), Drake Hogestyn (John), James Reynolds (Abe), Lauren Koslow (Kate), Suzanne Rogers (Maggie), Susan Seaforth-Hayes (Julie), Stephen Nichols (Patch), and Mary Beth Evans (Kayla). I can’t imagine this creep talking like that to any of those actors without them slapping the &$@%#+ out of him.

I can understand the actors in their 20’s who are afraid to lose their contract or to not be asked back, and why they may take the abuse. But I can’t imagine the veterans taking abuse without going toe to toe with him or going talk to Corday or HR.

Anyway, sounds like a nightmare and really disappointing these actors put up with this guy.

The article pointedly did not specifically name any actor/employee, kept it neutral. Besides wanting to keep their jobs, we do not know the terms of their contracts.

And I am not sure what the grounds are to sue someone for slander.

However, in that business, the actors, crew are very careful, as they possibly could be NOT hired in the future, since they are known to blab backstage stuff to the media. I don't know, can only guess. We might hear someone is "difficult to work with" or they "were not available" but never anything else.

And yep, am as curious as you are as to who finally had enough, but only spoke when promised anonymity. And thus other were encouraged to talk as well, with same promise. And if Corday does nothing, .......well, just proof (to me) of his inability to run the show.

Obviously, some of the people involved who were told "wait for the investigation to finish" aren't happy with this guy getting a slap on the wrist. Now, that all of this is public, the pressure to dump him will increase. It's a shame that they allowed this, and that after doing their "investigation," they let him stay on with training and whatever other nonsense.

I wonder if this is the reason behind some of the storylines, clothing choices, etc. that are consistently one note for the women. Not that many of the men are written so much better, but it's particularly bad for the women.

If you've read the article, I also want to know which male actor was manhandling a female staffer.

There cannot be anyone who has worked on the show, whether in front of the cameras or behind them, who has not been aware of the problems, and how they have affected everyone. It truly is a shame how Corday has ignored it all, and not stood up for everyone. This isn't something that has just been going on for a few months, been several YEARS.

Don't know why the mistake was made, letting Greg Meng go, and keeping someone who had been acting so horribly. If Corday felt he himself wasn't able to really take charge, he should have looked around, gone out looking. So many soaps had been cancelled, there were so many really good people out of a job. No, he just shrugged, left it to someone else.

His parents created Days, his dad, Ted Corday died a year after doing so, in 66. His mom, Betty Corday ran the show until her death in 1987. I remember, when she was alive, reading an article about Ken not really being interested in the show, as he was into creating music, big time. I suppose, as Betty aged, he had to step in and learn the ropes. Perhaps that is one reason he lets others do the decision making, just rakes in the $$$$.

Don't know. He sure has held onto the rights to the show, not wanting to sell it. But this latest scandal, and it is a big scandal, has to be dealt with, and not by shrugging it off.

Lisa Rinna (Billie) posted on Threads (new social media)

Here is what she wrote. Same info in article below

"I went back to play Billie in 2021 for Days of Our Lives Beyond Salem. I was there for one week only. I was shocked by the Hostile environment that it had become, and I was afraid for the young actors who had to continue to work there. I went to the producer I even spoke with Sony HR. I wonder where the union is in this and how was this left unchecked? I’m glad to see that they have done some kind of investigation but sounds like that’s not enough. No one should have to work under those hostile conditions. Sad that the show has gone there. I was sad two years ago and at the time I said I would never go back. I’m sad now. I loved playing Billie Reed. Protect the young actors. They are afraid to speak out."

Back