Days backstage internal investigation/Updated 8/4

If everyone walked off the set, and I mean everyone, actors, actresses, crew, makeup, Corday would have to act.

Last edited by a moderator:
Currently, writers are on strike, so are not there.

I only can guess that some actors already have said, nope, won't return. Corday should have done more than a "written warning" long ago. Maybe he personally had a chat, but somehow, things went on in the same manner.

Doubtful. Corday is just very hands off, until it comes time to accept accolades, however few they are (or on-set parties/celebrations). And if the actors didn't feel comfortable going to him with issues, he might've been unaware until it all blew up.

From the article:

As to how Alarr’s alleged misconduct could’ve gone unchecked for so long, current and former staffers point to the power that he yields and the lack of HR procedures on the show.

According to multiple sources, there is no HR infrastructure where the show tapes in Burbank; any such reps are at Sony TV in Culver City. When NBCUniversal owned the studio complex that houses DoOL at 3000 West Alameda Avenue (then known as NBC Studios), the production had an HR department, an insider said. That changed after the facility was bought by Worthe Real Estate Group in 2014 and renamed Burbank Studios. With no HR reps on set, any issues have had to go to the producers, with Alarr himself most likely to handle.

Coming from a place where the HR department WAS the person who I needed to report, I understand exactly how this was able to continue for as long as it has. When the HR department was finally able to fire me it was a great day. I had spent the last two years preparing for walking away, my car was paid off, credit cards paid off etc. If you NEED to work and the HR department doesn't exist or is the problem, you have very few options.
Sounds like Sony is going to implement an HR system. It is way too late, but that is generally the case.

Have to wonder if he has something on Corday that he is blackmailing him with to get off?
Have been thinking the same, rf...........just is mind-boggling that his behavior was ignored for so long. The reluctance to pursue the complaints on the part of the victims is understandable......getting hired elsewhere, in the future, could possibly be affected, with possible employers reluctant to hire someone who blabbed on previous job.

I applaud those who finally spoke up to the media, thus encouraging others to do the same.

Back