Days new digital series

They may be in Paris, but the same old Salem mindset continues to prevail.

Austin is as clueless as ever. It's surprising that he didn't take the wrong train and end up in Warsaw or Moscow.

That French workaholic's career is as doomed as that of any other non-DiMera who tried to rise in the company. She should just talk to Sami or Kate whose DiMera careers eventually crashed and burned.

Chad shouldn't be a typical neglectful Salem husband. He's lucky that it was only boring Austin at his door. Imagine what could have happened if Victor had sent Xander to Paris to steal Chad's deals and he happened to stop by and found Abigail home alone.

Finally, the Chad-Abigail apartment looks nothing like the one that a friend of mine once had while studying at the Universite de Paris. When I visited him, I learned that the only toilet in his place was outdoors in a tiny closet-like room that was accessible from a narrow balcony that faced an indoor courtyard. And when the lights went out in the kitchen or bathroom, the Parisian roaches came out to play.

Last edited:
I am not a Chad and Abby fan, so I'm fine with angst. Austin certainly seems like he wants to have a little something something with Abigail and she seems interested too. Ep. 4. Chad so noisily kissing Abigail goodbye for Austin's benefit was ridiculous. As was Austin out in a towel to get a croissant. And he doesn't look near as good as Xander.

If they wanted to get younger people, they should have put this on YouTube. What younger people who don't already watch Days are going to download this app and start watching? That goal is an odd one to reach new viewers or ones who aren't big fans. An app like this mainly appeals to people who are already engaged with the show at a high level, so more bonus content or old episodes (whatever NBC will allow them to include) would be better. While I love seeing Abby and Chad, I'm not impressed with the story. Austin's intrusion makes no sense--particularly with his wandering around in a towel in front of a woman while a guest in her and her husband's home. He's being a dope. I wish the writers could write more conflicts than love triangles or health crises.

An episode first shows up on the Days app. Later it goes up on the
Days YouTube site. Only people in the US can see it

Last edited:
They're in Paris. They could be having an adventure. They could be digging into some mystery that ties into the main show storylines... Something with Rolf and the serum or an interaction with one of the many "dead" people or a mysterious person with messages from Stefano or something. Instead, the writers are rinsing and repeating another love triangle--and one that has zero emotional impact since we don't have any connection to this Juliette. She has no story. You could put a cardboard cutout of a beautiful woman and little would change in the scenes. That's not a comment on her acting. It's how little they've given us to care about with the character.

Were Austin and Abby and item before?

Remember when Carrie and Austin returned for the grand opening of Horton Town Square and Abby (who was in college) became obsessed with Austin (then played by the other actor, Patrick Muldoon)? She kept his hat, and once when he got drunk and passed out in his office, she stripped down to her undies and let him think they had sex. She also dragged Melanie to the Green Mountain Lodge when Austin and Carrie went there for a romantic weekend, to try and crash it. Later, when the truth came out, Carrie gave Abby a hearty slap across the face.

There's one more episode of Abby and Chad in Paris. It's on the app now.
I'll post the YouTube version next week.

I didn't like the title of this one. I won't spoil it if someone hasn't
watched it yet, but if you have you know the title is wrong :)

Reactions: YPG
Does anyone else think it's weird how they do that jump and zoom in an out of their faces towards the end of every episode? It's just weird. Is a high school kid in charge of the filmography and editing? Seems so below the standards of normal Days to me. That said, I love the sets and the stage in Paris, the music. Not a fan of the storyline though.

Back