Days new digital series

Interesting but why not make it regular Days?!,. New sets, old fave characters and interesting stories.

There are different opinions about this so called "digital" series. The intent is to appeal to those younger folks who cannot put their phones down I guess, figuring each episode is short, there are only a few, which works for those short attention spans, lol. Anyway, they want to attract new viewers. And then perhaps, they get interested enough to tune in to the regular show, thus knowing something about some of the characters.

So if they do/say things in the digital series, wonder if it will be referenced on the show? If we don't watch the digital series, will we miss notable scenes/info?
With the lazy, ineffectual writers, will it matter? They'll just change whatever they want whenever they need to. *wink*

I’m not sure what the reason for these are. The actors are great and I generally enjoy the characters they portray. I do agree they are a couple with a lot of chemistry and good story potential. But these 5-10 minute episodes are incapable of telling any kind of compelling story. The first 3 episodes were not interesting in the least. Seemed like a 12 year old wrote the scripts.

One thing I did like was the opening of each episode with scenes of Paris and the exterior of their building/apartment. I used to like when Days did that of various homes/mansions of characters.

I will watch the rest of the episodes in hopes they improve the writing. But, honestly, what story can they tell in such a brief episode?

Side note- why on earth would Austin seek out Chad and Abigail? After the debacle where Abigail lied and said she and Austin slept together, I thought they stayed clear of one another. Are we supposed to believe Austin has intentions to pursue Abigail, a married woman with two small children? Or are his intentions friendly and platonic? It may have been written better if they accidentally bumped into one another at a café or bakery or market. Showing up at their apartment unannounced late in the evening is very creepy.

Here is the first three episodes again on the official Days YouTube site. Today's episode
won't be up until next Thurs. (update I think this is just the first episode of the first three
they might post another one tomorrow or wait until next week)

Sony took down the other YouTube version of the digital series sometime last week. I put in the correct video YouTube version in it's spot.

Last edited:
It thought it was, but they didn't show Chad in the office. This might be one or two episodes together.

Maybe tomorrow they will post another one of the first three.

Last edited:
Wondered the same?

Maybe that is the style in Hollywood these days........along with those torn up jeans that cost a fortune.
I don't think it is in Paris, tho????

Thanks for all this information, and Kat, for posting the videos. No surprise that I won't be watching this. Not only would it use up my monthly data but watching anything on a small screen doesn't interest me. I think it will all eventually go that way but maybe not in my lifetime. I'd rather quit watching everything than to watch on a cell phone.

I don't like watching things on my laptop... one reason I haven't gotten smart phone.

The entire little show is just ridiculous. I agree with others here that Days/Sony is trying to groom people for an all digital Days or using it as a lure for a younger viewing demographic. Either way it won't work without compelling story lines and easy access. Who am I kidding?! They're hit or miss with good story lines for the regular show so there is no reason that I should expect this to be any different.

(I've watched them on YouTube since I refuse to download the Days app in my phone, Kindle, or tablet.)

Back