Days of Lives - Fri., July 28, 2017

They [Johnny and Allie] could be 10, 15, 60 - whatever the writers decide when it's opportune to bring them on.
Here's the picture Marlena showed to Roman. They grow up so fast. :sarcasm:

cute-old-cuoples-18.jpg

I really had no problem distinguishing Marlena & Hattie. Never thought it was Hattie in the bedroom with strawberries, whipped cream & champagne. Marlena was welcoming home her long absent husband, and wanted to surprise him with a romantic setup special to just them.

The guy in the Pub said Marlena was going home, Anjelica told Hattie it was time to get their show on the road. If Hattie had gotten Marlena out of the way FIRST, we would have had some indication. John was due home any minute.

Dario: If he was behind an attempt to run down Chad, it's just more evidence that he is really a dumb criminal. After all, who would do anything that would infuriate Kate and Andre and put their capacity for revenge-seeking into overdrive? If he ever harmed Chad, Dario should count himself lucky if he doesn't end his days being buried alive while suffering the awful effects of poisoned brownies.

Trippy: He's doomed. Nothing gets past Steve. It may take a while, but he always lasers in on the truth.

Claire: Who knew that she was so observant? The way she's been portrayed in the past, the only things she noticed were her YouTube numbers and Theo.

Joey: The writers have done him a disservice. Instead of just making available pictures of Ava in which she looks oh so nice, why couldn't they have had some with her crazy, evil, angry look. They might also have provided Joey with some shots of Little Trippy's mother's bizarre shrine to Steve.

Especially since he has sincere love for Chad and Andre.
Loving Chad is nothing unusual -- several people have felt their hearts beat faster when he's in the room, but loving Andre? This is truly a first. Will Andre be able to deal with the novel sensation that somebody actually loves him. After all, all he's gotten in life is well-deserved hatred and disgust.

I know a lot of folks have been down on Abe. It is sometimes the innate problem of single parents maybe over compensating. When you add that child has some disabilities it more than likely intensifies. I commend Abe for his ability to admit that he perhaps overreacted. He loves Theo and is going through some growing pains of his own. I also give some credit to Val for helping him work through that. She appears the first good match for him in a long time.

Thanks Poirot! I too enjoyed this episode. Feeling hopeful for more enjoyable episodes. Only negative I have is Anjelica's story. Just not new or interesting and I loved Hattie when she was working in prison with Hope, but this new storyline is just irritating me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally watched this episode last night. I'm happy to say I enjoyed nearly all of it. It's nice to be looking forward to what comes next. I'm especially glad Steve is beginning to see the light concerning Tripp. Also glad Dario is about to be fully exposed, I hope. I'd gotten sick of the whole Chad-Abby thing but I believe with more interesting writing, I can get on board with them again.

Back