Days of Our Lives - Fri., Apr. 5, 2019

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, April 5, 2019

Rafe is telling Hope, with Ted all ears, sitting on the side, that Jordan was right, she has a baby, born about 6 months ago. He explains about checking birth records, finding one, no father listed. Tracked Jordan's last address, found a woman there, Jordan gave her money, supplies, asking her to take care of the boy, she'd be back soon. Since Jordan is in hospital, Rafe brought him here, Eli watching him in the interrogation room. Ted asks who would be taking care of of the baby, since Jordan can't, Hope starts calling Child Services, Rafe stops her, tells Ted to butt out, give them privacy. Ted leaves, Rafe is adamant that they don't know if other relatives, etc. She gets an reminder alert about their reservation, (anniversary that had been postponed), Rafe needs to go see Jordan, disappointed Hope cancels it. He tries to make her understand, she claims she does, but is obviously upset. He is constantly going off to help someone, she needs him here, he says well, every time he turns around, Ted is there, “helping”. She has to go, leaves the room.

Lani comes in, sees Eli with the baby, is quite taken, all fussing, etc. She holds the baby, learns his name is David, is about 6 mos. She notes that is the age their own David Abraham would be if born on his due date. Eli can see she is being overly “motherly” towards the baby. Rafe comes in, has to go see Jordan, could they watch David a bit longer. Eli starts to say he has something else to do, but Lani blurts out immediately they'd be glad to do so.

Abe is still telling Jack off, but Jack bristles and spouts off right back, defending his stance, belittling Abe, who ends up walking away. Jen arrives, Jack has nothing to say to her, she disagrees, they argue a bit about his running for mayor, she tells him the Spectator will be endorsing Abe, was Adrienne's decision......his sister........she brings up their children, he makes derogatory remarks about “our son, and our nephew” (all about Haley), she thinks perhaps there is a glimmer of old Jack in there somewhere. She touches his face, Eve comes rushing up, pulling Jack away, asking if that woman was harassing him. She yaks it up about the big rally and notifying the press.

Earlier, on phone with Claire, Eve had assured her that once they played the tape at the rally, Haley will be done for. At the loft JJ is telling Tripp about the lighter, how it is exactly like the one found at cabin, etc., mentioning how he happened to see it. Haley confirms that, Claire comes in, JJ still wants to take lighter to cops, Claire reluctantly hands it over. JJ leaves, Claire sees on tablet about the rally, tells the others, Tripp thinks he & Haley should go see what it is all about. Claire cannot come with them, she goes later by herself.

Abe & Sheila are having a meal, Abe telling her all that happened. Sheila offers all kinds of suggestions as to what Abe should be doing, which Abe shoots down. She warns him he is being too nice, that Jack/Eve have gotten down & dirty, he has to do something big to counter. Folks don't care about small details, they just want to know their lives will be better. They go back and forth, Sheila gives up, he's not agreeable to anything she mentioned. She starts to leave, he stops her, thanking her, saying how appreciative he is of her support. Both are standing, it almost seems as tho Abe might be going to kiss her.??

Ted comes into the bar, seeing Hope drinking alone. He thought Rafe would be with her, them celebrating his return. Hope is rather silent, he can see she is troubled. He kisses her, then kisses her again, she is not resisting.

JJ comes to the cop shop, sees the baby, learns it belongs to Jordan, Rafe got him. He gives Eli the lighter, explaining why. Later he is in the square, Claire sees him, inquires, but forensics is working on it. Eve does her usual pep talk to Jack, people are gathering, Jen sees her son, hugs him, they exchange a few words, she has to go to press area. Rally begins, Eve, as usual doing all the talking, denouncing Haley, announcing how judge says she has 30 days to leave, insinuating Haley is nasty person, milking the system. Then claiming the fake marriage. Finally, she introduces Jack, who welcomes everyone, says a few words, but also denounces Haley, and gets everyone riled up, shouting “Send her back”, even Claire (who comments to a surprised JJ that she has to play the dumped girlfriend). Now Eve is set to play the video tape, alas, the screen is blank, Jack asks what is going on, she doesn't know, the video is gone. She quickly apologizes to the group, saying they have a glitch, but........while Abe Carver supports a fake marriage, she is announcing a real one. She & Jack Deveraux are getting married. Jack has big smile as he looks at Eve. Cue the shocked faces of JJ and Jennifer.

I still don't understand what they can get from the lighter. If Ben's DNA is on it, it proves he set the fire? They could have just done so much better than it unbelievably being Claire. I honestly thought it would Wyatt. Boyfriend scorned and all. Or Jordan would have been better!

I have never been a Jack fan. Especially not a Jack/Jen fan but he is just unbearable to watch now. Really, with all his ranting, Jen says "you do care". I was not seeing that. This whole Haley Chen stuff is unwatchable too. She was nurse, not a drug dealer. She is not threat to Salem. Yes, I absolutely think people should come to this country legally but they are portraying her a real threat. And Claire, if they do show that video, Tripp will know it was you and he will be done with you anyway!! Jack gonna marry Eve. Ugh!

Abe and Sheila. Saw that coming a mile away. I know they didn't kiss, but their leaning in.

Please stop teasing us with a Rafe/Hope breakup and do it already!!! Ted, really? Just kissing her right out there in the open in Doug's Place?!! She sure wasn't resisting though!! Not that I want them together. I wish they'd bring on a new character for Hope. The only time I ever really liked Hope was when she was with Aiden. I could get back on board with her and someone completely new.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will say the smile Jack had on his face after Eve announced their upcoming nuptials was rather a sick smile....fake smile...like thru gritted teeth he was saying "what the heck are you doing?"

Misplaced Pride: Jack is proud of who he currently is? This just proves the old saying that some people will be proud of anything.

Delusional: Eve thinks Haley is a winning campaign issue? She should guess again. Based on the number of people who came to the rally (who seemed to be outnumbered by the media), this group could meet in a couple of old-fashioned phone booths. And is Jack really still into the issue? Could he be the one who deleted the illegally-obtained Trippy-Haley file?

Misplaced Priorities: Did Rafe really need to rush off to Bayview to see Jordan? Couldn't this have waited until the morning? As things stand now, Hope has now become a possibly willing target for smarmy shyster Ted's improper attentions.

Tipping One's Hand: Once again, Claire has shown that she has no common sense: enthusiasticly joining in when Jack's paltry crowd started chanting anti-Haley slogans. Veteran schemers like Kate would be shaking their heads of this little act of stupidity.

Digging for dirt: If Sheila starts exploring lowlife Eve's sketchy past, she'll soon be up to her neck in dirt.

Playing Detective: As others have noted, the lighter is utterly worthless as evidence. There's absolutely no way that it could be tied to Ben and the first cabin fire at this late date. JJ and Trippy should stick to their roles as an EMT and Town Square waiter.

If Sheila starts exploring lowlife Eve's sketchy past, she'll soon be up to her neck in dirt.
She should get in touch with Brady since he had an investigator dig up dirt on Eve's past. This is from 12/14/17:
Brady says he found that Eve had a nasty habit of swindling old men for money, even using fake names, such as Chelsea from Springfield and Blair from Pennsylvania. (funny inside joke, as the actress played Chelsea on Guiding Light, set in Springfield, and Blair on One Life To Live, set in Pennsylvania). Brady says she tried the same thing on his ol' Uncle Deimos.

So not happy about the Sheila and Abe thing. I really wanted them to just be friends with her helping to lighten him up. I could see her helping to hook him up with dates and getting him ready for them. They could have a fun friendship that would be so different for this show. But nope, everyone has to fall for whoever they cross paths with.

This episode is absolutely ludicrous. I wanted the Haley thing to come out already just so this dreadful story could end. But nope! Instead we get Eve & Jack's marriage announcement? My gosh.

Sheila and Abe is disgusting. She's so much younger than him! Why not have them just remain coworkers or friends? I also don't see what purpose she serves on the soap.

Not happy at all with Claire, Hope, Rafe, and Ted. Just a boring storyline not even worth commenting on any further.

I don't think Sheila was listed as one of the people still on screen come August - am I right Jason47? Maybe Valerie will return.

betting the closeness of Abe & Sheila is red herring. He probably will kiss her on cheek or forehead, or do nothing come Monday!...Sheila is a recurring character...not on contract, so she can be gone for long periods, just like Adrienne..or Justin...

Thanks, @Poirot. Maybe that is why Melinda wasn't on that cast list - she may just be recurring, as well? I hope not, but just curious. My first thought when the video didn't show up is that Jack deleted it, since he didn't want to go that route. I thought that what Abe was saying yesterday was getting through to him, but today, he didn't seem to like it. Also, when Jennifer said she thought she saw a glimpse of the old Jack in there, I didn't see anything close to that. I have a terrible feeling that while the show did bring him back, there is no guarantee that Jack will go back to the old Jack. For me, it is getting to be too late, after some of the things he said.

Do NOT like Abe and Sheila together at all. They are tolerable as friends, but I have never been a big fan of her character.

So, how many people are going to see Hope and Ted kissing in public? At this point, please just pull the plug on Hope/Rafe's excuse for a marriage.

I did laugh at Claire getting so involved with chanting "Send her back!" and her excuse to JJ.

Thanks, Poirot.

Eve needs to get her facts straight. Haley isn't taking money from the government. She's a
nurse and nurses are in high demand.

Lisa, good point about the video. Maybe Jack is remembering at times and this time he
realized the video needed to be deleted.

I don't know how they can prove if a certain lighter was used in a fire or not.

Will Claire be ok because her security blanket oops lighter is gone?

Eve pulled a rabbit out of the hat with the wedding announcement.

Back