Days of Our Lives - Fri., Apr. 6, 2018

I can go with Abigail being around other people for three more weeks, though not excited about it, but I don't think I can take Stefan and Gabby for another day! Also, Chad and some of the others, but especially Chad, need to go ahead and figure this out. I'm glad he seems to be at least wondering.

I know this won't happen but in my world this how today's cliffhanger would be resolved ....
Given that this is a Salem judge and jury, Troy's scenario is not beyond the realm of possibility. Elsewhere: 1) Gabi probably gets convicted, but gets a new trial after the truth about "Abigail/Gabby/Dr. Laura" gets out; 2) Justin becomes the laughingstock of the Salem bar for his inept defense of Gabi; and 3) Melinda Trask catches so much flack for her unprofessional courtroom conduct, her chummy relationship slimy Stefan Zero, and putting a schizophrenic on the witness stand that she either resigns or is defeated when she runs for reelection.

As for Vivian and Leo, it's hard top see what they think they'll accomplish. Even if Leo came up with a photo of himself, Sonny, and two goats in bed together, it wouldn't do them any good. Victor has other family members who could take over as CEO, and if he was sufficiently annoyed by the antics of the gruesome twosome, he'd have Xander pay an unfriendly call on them.

Last edited:
No doubt Gabi will be convicted just so we get to endure her angst over leaving her daughter. If she does get convicted, I hope she does get released quickly but I'm already tired of her dreading it. Getting convicted will be more of the same, only worse. I like Gabi but I've had enough of this murder story.

I really do wish there would be some dramatic take-down of Melinda Trask. She's acted so goofy during this trial, she may not be far behind Abigail in going over the edge.

Maybe Trask was in love with Nick Fallon, so was so thrilled when she got her ONLY conviction, putting Gabi away, then Gabi was released on a technicality after what Trask considered to be a travesty. All she wanted, was to put Gabi behind bars again. She admitted that to Justin. Yuk.

Maybe Trask was in love with Nick Fallon, so was so thrilled when she got her ONLY conviction, putting Gabi away, then Gabi was released on a technicality after what Trask considered to be a travesty. All she wanted, was to put Gabi behind bars again. She admitted that to Justin. Yuk.

You know Poirot, I have wonder if you might actually be on to something here. LOL. Because Trask seems to be making this way too personal. I keep going back to the scene where Gabi brought Arianna's overnight bag with the planted evidence to the station and she overheard Trask, being the consummate professional that she is :sarcasm: loudly talking on her cell phone in the middle of the squad room saying that she was going to "put Gabi Hernandez behind bars for the rest of her pathetic life." Which, of course, scared off Gabi. I remember thinking "Wow, what is this woman's problem? I mean did Gabi toilet paper Trask's house for giving out lousy Halloween candy?" I can easily see Trask being the person who gives out bags of black licorice or candy corn to trick or treaters, but I digress.

Maybe Gabi used to annoy Trask by playing ding-dong ditch on her? That's a a game where you keep ringing someone's door bell and then run away. Maybe the problem is that instead of simply writing Melinda Trask as a D.A. simply doing her job, they think making her a one-note mustache twirler adds to the story somehow?

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's not forget Trask cozying up to the victim's brother (Stefan), having drinks, even inviting him up to her place. Trask has made this entirely too personal, probably should have recused herself to begin with.

I think the story idea was good, and some of the dialogue the past weeks was good as well. WE have really good actors on the show..........but the problem is repetition of dialogue, and dragging out story. Makes no difference what story. That said.....Days has a super abundance of wonderful veteran actors, but for some reason, forces story onto young, unseasoned newcomers. That is not the way to bring them on to become favs to the viewers.

Once upon a time, Jennifer, Hope, were teens, Marlena, John, Roman, Abe were in their 20s. Yes, some were good actors right from the get-go. Some just improved with age, thus their storylines held your interest. But, not all. Lots of complaints in the past over various stories/scenes. But then, we all react differently, don't we.

I absolutely HATED the possession story, almost gave Days up because of it. But there were other stories going on, as well. That story is one of Deidre Hall's (Marlena) favorites, if not THE fav. LOL There was the awful G of E story (and I won't even spell it out, ) the plane crash on the very forested Greenland or Iceland, Billie giving birth to a stillborn in the Georgia backwoods, burying the baby, having the coffin sent to Salem to be buried again, and lookee here, Chelsea is alive and well. Rolling eyes everywhere. I truly hated that one, and of course, Maggie & her egg baby.

So.....guess some stories look good when thought up, when outlined.........but, not all that good by the time they reach the airwaves.

I absolutely HATED the possession story, almost gave Days up because of it.
I know what you mean, Barb. That's when I first gave up on the show and didn't watch again for many years. I only watch once or twice a year, now, but really enjoy reading this site and keeping up.

I can handle whatever outlandish storyline the writers throw at me....in moderation! A big problem I see with DOOL (don't watch other soaps) is that the stories drag on and on until I completely lose interest.

Back