Days of Our Lives - Fri., Apr. 8, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of (Our Lives
Friday, April 8, 2016

Wow, absolutely astounding performance today by Kate Mansi, who plays Abby. But first, the hospital, where Maggie is coming to in the proverbial dark room, has had her surgery, Summer at the bedside. Maggie still is numb from the drugs, wants to stay awake til it all wears off, and she can tell what she feels. She asks Summer to talk, and reluctantly Summer begins to rattle on about her life in L.A., all the jobs, the decision that con jobs & thefts were easier, with the tears of course. Maggie blames herself, and then admits that this is all her fault, that no one told her that her baby was dead, that she herself made the decision to give her away, figuring she was too young, not prepared to be a mother. Tears from Maggie. Nicole opens the door, but shuts it, when she sees Summer crying.

Deimos is standing outside the elevator as Nicole emerges, lets her know Vic is resting, but she is there to see Maggie. She says she can't wrap her head around Vic having a younger brother, he never mentioned it, even during all the good years and bad when they were married. Yes, Deimos recently learned that, also tells her he owns the mansion now, Vic gave it to him to settle an old debt. She asks him to stop looking at her that way, he is sorry, she just reminds him of someone he knew once. Nicole leaves, and goes to research Deimos on the internet. She learns about prison, yes, he is Victor's brother, and also of Helena Tasso being Vic's fiancee' who was murdered. When she researches Helena, she finally gets something...a picture...and sees Helena looks just like Nicole.

Meanwhile, Deimos is going thru a box of very old mememtos, clippings, photos. He comes across a lovely, embroidered handkerchief, with blood on one side. (Amazing that the stain would still be red after all these years. ) Also, some sort of what I think is a bracelet.

And then Fynn is bringing a little wrapped gift box in to Victor, someone left at the desk for him. Vic opens it, Tis the hankie & bracelet.....with a little note. I can never forget, can you? Vic throws the note to floor, calling his brother a cuss word in Greek. (you will recognize the word)

Abby is doing her very best to convince Ben she still loves him, and only him. They are kissing, he almost begins strangling her, but she is non stop talking. Asking Ben to forgive her, how confused she was always, telling him how she was imagining him, that he was there, and he wasn't. She begins a long story of how Chad mistreated and manipulated her, lied to her, made her do everything and anything he wanted, how she was a prisoner there. The guards were hired long before Ben escaped to watch her every move. She is cut off from her family, Ben asks if Chad ever hit her, Abby is hesitant, nods yes. She goes on and on, painting Chad to be just like, if not worse than his father, you can see Ben wavering as to whether to believe her. She even gets down on her knees, begging him to forgive her. And then is saying Chad is gone away on business, won't be back for a couple of hours. (She even purposely ignores a phone call from Chad, to prove to Ben she would never turn him in)

She says Chad won't be back for a couple of hours, she wants Ben to come upstairs with her, make love, they have plenty of time. Ben seems a bit unsure, goes towards the stairs, Abby is nearly falling apart, is scared, but musters a smile, and follows him. In the bedroom, they are kissing, getting passionate, He falls back on the bed, she crawl up over him, more kissing, but her hand is groping the drawer of the bedside table, which she gets open, taking out a pair of scissors, she puts her hand behind her back, then comes at Ben, stabbing him (neck, shoulder, not sure) blood spurts, he screams in agony. She gets a big lamp, knocks him out, then rips the long cord from the telephone and ties him spread eagled to the bed posts. As she begins, Chad calls, she answers, he lets her know the guy at the border was not Ben, who must be long gone. (earlier, Chad had been getting concerned, neither Abby, nor Jerry, the guard were picking up on their phones)

Ben comes to, yelling for her to untie him, but she isn't going to that. She has a bottle of charcoal lighter fluid, & begins sprinkling it around on the bed. Ben tries to tell her first, he isn't real, is just in her mind, but she looks at her bloody hands, then jumps on the bed, punching him in the area she stabbed him, saying she knows that hurts, he is real all right. She stands up, dances around the bed, pouring the fluid all around him, asking if he remembered when he did this to her. She even jumps up and down, saying "Wheeee".

She if off the bed, Ben is saying she won't go thru with it. Won't do it. She would never kill a human being. You are right, Ben. I wouldn't, wouldn't ever. She picks up a box of matches. But you aren't human! She strikes the match.

Oh, sorry, nearly forgot. While Abby is tying up Ben, Chad calls, will be home in 5-10 minutes, She puts him off, asking him to pick up diapers, milk at store. She says nothing about Ben.

But Chad arrives home, finds the unconscious/dead Jerry at the door, can't get it, and runs around the back, I guess.

So far, Abby has not done anything except stab Ben with the scissors & tie him up. But yes, I think she is operating on cold fear, and not herself, but doing what she thinks she has to do to survive.

No criticism from me. The build up and acting is classic Hitchcock style. Abby, you are incredibly insane and sane at the same time! I'm sure the reason Chad couldn't get in the front door was it was bolted from inside. Ben probably did that.

By the way......the spoilers for today said (Lucas cares for jennifer". Neither one was anywhere in sight. I think I would rather have seen them, than the Summer whining about her life and what a bad person she was.

Really excellent acting by Kate Mansi (Abby) and Robert Scott Wilson (Ben).

Did you notice it appeared he had Abby's name tattooed on his knuckles? When he was in bed, you could make out the A B on his left hand knuckles. (couldn't see his entire hand)

Great performance by Kate Mansi today (Abby), but it's now official, Abigail is almost as crazy as Ben. Elsewhere there were a few puzzlers. Why doesn't Chad have the key to his own front door? Could it be that it's always been unlocked? Why was the psycho mermaid the only person in Maggie's room when she awakened?? Given that she's a beloved figure in Salem, shouldn't friends and family have been stacked up three deep around her bedside? Finally, why was Nicole even talking to slimy Deimos? After his performance during Victor's heart attack, he should be a total pariah.
I would call Abby's reaction a perfect case of self defense!
Her use of the scissors to stab Ben was arguably self-defense, but tying him to the bed and lighting him up is either murder or attempted murder depending on whether he dies. Finally, fie on the writers for further soiling the Maggie character, by changing the story of infant Summer by having her given away rather than having been reported dead.

Back