Days of Our Lives - Fri., Feb. 12, 2016

I enjoyed Ciara's scenes. Since she just hit puberty like yesterday, like she stated, she would not have the knowledge and experience to know that boys that scare you are the ones to stay away from.

There should be lot of introspection on Ciara's part as she grows and learns and I think it was smart to invite the viewers in. It is almost like we are her social media lol.

Just something different and a clear view of a characters motivations is greatly appreciated on my part.

I think the message of today's episode was: "The world is a dark and violent place and we're most likely going end up alone and heart broken. Oh and by the way, Happy Valentine's Day :clap:."

I give them credit for trying something different but over all it fell flat.When you have a genre that is largely devoted to romance, and you have a "holiday" that exists just to celebrate romance I would think that the episode devoted to that day would focus on romance. I guess that just goes to show how much I know.

As far as the segments themselves go I did like the noirish way the Steve/Ava/Kayla one was shot. It felt kind of like they may have been going for an "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" kind of vibe with the twist. If they were I would say they succeeded but again that's not exactly a show that should come to mind when you think of Valentine's Day.

I guess the theme of Abigail and Chad's segment was True Love conquers all. But it was centered on Abigail's apprehension about moving into the mansion. *sigh*

I'm glad that Ciara told us she is torn between Chase and Theo because I sure haven't seen it. But maybe that was the point: A young girl just realizing she has those feelings for the first time. I did get a chuckle when she said "It seems like just yesterday Chase and I were in the fourth grade." I said to myself "Ain't that the truth?" Does she really see Chase's endless moping as "dark and dangerous?" Maybe I'm missing something because in my opinion at this point that kid seems as edgy as a box of kittens.

As far as Brady/Theresa and Rafe/Hope's segments were concerned I just said "Whatever." And while I did feel some poignancy with Nicole a lot of it was lost because we've been hit over the head with the magnitude of what a loss Daniel is for the past month. This would have worked so much better if she hadn't already had the realization that she needs to get back to living in the scene where she was arguing with herself a couple of weeks. This was just repetitive.

Last edited:
I really did not care for Ciara's episode, perhaps because of how it was done. Seems she isn't sure of the kind of person she is, and was more talking of how the two guys view her. The "dark, edgy" for Chase? Baloney? He doesn't see her as a femme fatale, but is currently someone who seems to get angry & hurt in the blink of an eye, so stews about it, and for some reason, just considers himself a lousy person.

I wish I knew why Chad thinks he has a "dark side", since he was raised to age 20 by loving parent, so, I am guessing that Stefano exerted a great deal of influence on him while Chad was in the hospital in Boston, and then traveled with Stefano. But, while he was "taught" things, it did not change his inherent decency. I would rather have ha Chad overcome his "dark other self" himself, than have had Abby do it. Oh, well.

So, Theresa is insecure....we have seen that for months already. And as wonderful an actress as Nicole is...we also have seen enough of her sorrow over the death of Daniel. Gosh, I can remember her with Eric in that furnace room, declaring love, and whatever happened to that? I soooo hate what has been done to Steve...but did like the "twist" of Steve & Kayla setting Ava up with Kayla shooting her.
And I guess I just have had my fill of Andre', and while I appreciate Rafe looking out for Hope......Nope. That just was not what I wanted. But I suppose it shows Rafe's fear that unless he continues to keep a watchful eye, Andre' will really harm that family.

The only part of the show I liked was Ciara's dream.

She wasn't saying those were the ways that Theo and Chase saw her. She actually said in the dream that those were the ways she sees herself / feels when she is with each one. It is as if she is a different Ciara with each one.

She feels comfortable / protective with Theo because she always knows what to expect. It is a calmer and more even keeled relationship.

Chase on the other hand, elicits a full gambit of emotions in her........anger, caring, jealousy, etc.

Last edited:
I guess I wouldn't say Chad was raised by loving decent parents. His dad was a jerk and a jerk to Chad , and Chad himself was a jerk for most of the time he was on before. His mom loved him yes. But I guess I think Chad has always had a bad side and it's only recently he has been nice and caring.

Chad's stepfather may not have liked the idea that he was not Chad's father, but neither he nor Chad's mother were evil in any way. I agree the D.A. Woods was a jerk, and after Chad's mom died, really treated Chad badly. But Chad was a nice guy overall. He may have gotten Mia pregnant, but she never told him. He found out after Grace died.
After the truth came out about his paternity, he moved briefly into DiMansion, but it was not for him, he moved out, got his own tiny place.

I think he has taken advantage of his relationship though, to do good. He thought it pretty funny that Sami & Kate too over the companies. He actually saved Marlena's life, when Stefano was going to have her killed. He has refused to knuckle under to EJ, or Stefano, or Andre'. He has put his life on the line a few times already, for the good of someone else.
Yes, I think he knows exactly HOW to take care of someone doing him wrong, but he has not done so.

Now that I've actually watched (most of it, anyway, I fell asleep during Ciara), I liked the general structure of the episode- everyone's sequence having its own slot, commercial, then on to the next. I liked that it started and ended with Nicole, and I think this will be when we start to see her move on, since Daniel finally told her to.

I guess I might try to watch the end tonight. Once Ciara started talking to the camera, I checked out. It was weird.

Just watched the episode. I loved Ciara breaking the fourth wall ala Ferris Bueller. It was awesome. The other stuff was mediocre at best. What happened to when the men used to plan special days for their ladies? Dinner at Tuscany or Penthouse Grill. Bubble baths for two, chocolate and strawberries? Am I too cliche?

They would profess their love, make love and cherish each other. That would have been good for a standalone episode. Anyway, I guess the budget only allowed for a walk in the square in February, with no coats, or in Abby's case, no sleeves. I know it's not supposed to be real, but come on, it's winter and you're outside, put on a sweater!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
It was an interesting episode. I appreciate the attempt at something different, but I didn't love it. I felt like it was trying to sum up the fact that all relationships have conflict, and end with the hope that love will win in the end - sort of from the perspective of the dreamer, anyway. I did laugh several times during Ciara's dream - it was different, but understandably so, as she is just a teen and hasn't had many life experiences to base a relationship dream upon. It is kind of about her and how she feels, trying to figure out this thing called love. And with Abby and Chad - I guess I didn't see Chad as having a dark side naturally, but that dark side being imposed upon him by the DiMeras, like they did recently by brainwashing him. Abby helped him out of that once, so it makes sense that she would dream that she'd have to help him out of that again. Anyway, that's what I saw... it was interesting and ok, but maybe not the best ever.

Last edited:
But you died, we buried you
"We just buried you" was the line. I balked...killed on 1/1 but buried "just" before 2/14...stupid.
She turns, and there is Kayla, a gun in her hand, pointed at Ava. Ava is pulling her trigger, oops, click, click, no bullets. Kayla fires, down goes Ava.
Kayla had great dialogue in this scene. Oh, for it to come to fruition...!!:love::love::love:
I can't decide if I'm irritated they took a break to do a stand alone episode that doesn't advance story or relieved that I get a break from the garbage they've been putting out lately.
I can't decide either. But I just couldn't with this episode. Mainly because it featured Ava, the unbelievable Chase/Ciara/Theo triangle, the vomit-inducing Jeannie T/Brady, and no Gabi/JJ!!
Chad would believe André, decide to tell Hope he knows she killed his father, thank her, and then arrange for Andre's demise. There, problem solved.
I would like this too, and I hope we see something along those lines. This biology junk was overplayed in the 1990s when Tony (who, it turned out, was really André, which made [at the time] neither of them blood DiMeras) dealt with it.
I give them credit for trying something different but over all it fell flat.
My sentiments exactly.
But it was centered on Abigail's apprehension about moving into the mansion.
It's hard to root for a couple whose main stumbling block is "should we buy this mansion"???
I think this will be when we start to see her move on
Gosh, I hope so.

Was I the only one who was hoping jerk Daniel would appear during Nicole's dream? Does anyone really believe that they would have this storybook romance if Daniel had not intended to leave the show? He surely would have been berating her for something or other in December and broken up by now....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's hard to root for a couple whose main stumbling block is "should we buy this mansion"???
LOL I hadn't thought of it quite that way before but that's the very definition of "First World Problem" isn't it? I'm speaking for myself here but that's not a problem I can identify with. Aw well, maybe someday. *sigh*

" no Gabi/JJ!!

Not surprisingly we find ourselves in accord once again. Those three words pretty much sum up my problem with the episode in a nutshell.:clap:

Last edited by a moderator:
The day Brady got Daniel's heart was Jan 6. So maybe this is when
Daniel officially died???

Back