Days of Our Lives - Fri., Feb. 12, 2016

Understood but the show seems to go by real life calendar days not the actual date on the show. Hence why we had the anniversary on Nov 9 and then it was Thanksgiving the next day.

Thanks for the write-up.

I appreciated the Nicole scenes, even if Daniel has gotten to be overkill at this point. I also liked Doug & Julie and Abby & Chad. And I'm glad the writers tried to do something a bit different this time; it gave us a break from the sucky storylines, even if it didn't advance anything. That said, I found the episode very strange--almost like they were doing too much, trying to be too artsy. It just felt very odd, in particular the part with Ciara. I also think it was too dark. For months on end, Days has been dark. I really wish that Valentine's Day could've just been nice and romantic and loving instead.

Having been away since Friday morning, I didn't see the episode until late today. With Doug and Julie on first, it seemed as if the writers were going to make up for the all the homicides and assorted sickness by presenting an upbeat plot but that went downhill fast, hitting bottom with the Steve-Ava-Kayla nastiness. As for Ghost Daniel, the writers could have gone all in with the ghost theme with the following: Ghost Stefano visiting Hope and promising, what else, revenge; Ghost EJ warning Chad to beware of Andre; Ghost Nick visiting Gabi and asking, "How could you have done it?"; Ghost Paige visiting JJ to remind him of a few of his past failings and to tell him to lighten up on Chad; and Ghost Serena paying a call on sad sack Eric to tell him to pull himself together.

Last edited:
The end was very sad with Nicole, I wish they could have shown her meeting a friend for coffee or something simple like that.

I agree. Then again, this was very typical of how Nicole has always been treated. Everyone totally oblivious to her, or her feelings, going about their business, not caring one iota about her pain. Wouldn't it have been nice to see all those couples actually see Nicole and go to her to surround her and make her feel less alone ? Oh, wait, what was I thinking ?

true....i guess this little cemetery here has their own policies. Yes, Flat stones can be for any grave, but this one only allows graves with cremated remains to have the flat kind. Not wanting to start a debate.

It does seem odd. I wonder if the urn/box plots are smaller than the usual plot. The cemetery where many of my family rest allows only flat markers, making the grounds much easier to tend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, as I noted, this cemetery is very small, and yes, there are headstones there from when the town was founded. And yes, grounds much easier to tend with flat stones. With headstones, graves may be tended for many years, but eventually, there is no longer any one to tend. As noted, many folks will scatter ashes, some keeps the receptacles in their homes, some choose to take them to the town where one was born, something like that. Don't mean to get morbid here, But guess there may be rules, or guidelines for many cemetaries. Some churches have their own small ones nearby on church property. A town may own land, which is dedicated to the cemetery, but cannot expand it. The V.A. has many cemeteries throughout the country. About 10 years ago, they built a huge one just off the expressway that goes between EauClaire and Superior, WI.

On Days, St. Lukes has their own cemetery, not sure if the town has one, too. I just get surprised that the funerals on DAYS seem to be held outdoors despite cold weather

It's been a long time since we've seen a funeral in St. Luke's Church. I can't even remember the last one. Maybe Grace's funeral?
I wonder if the urn/box plots are smaller than the usual plot.
Ash burial plots are roughly the size of a shoebox.

I can see requiring all flat stones, or all upright stones for convenience or uniformity. Just odd that it would be specified ash burials have to have flat stones to signify "cremains" were buried and not a body. And traditional casket burials can have upright stones.

I am starting to suspect that the eventual recycling of the cremains plots may have something to do with the cemetery regulations. In the one such burial I witnessed the box was not very deeply placed.

My tablet locked up this am, and wouldn't allow me to complete the sentence. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, A.Guy...........finish your post.........LOL

JS, there is a specific area of the cemetery here for those who want to bury the urns. So...it is all uniform. Just like a VA cemetery where the stones are all the same height & width. When I have traveled, I have seen many small country cemeteries, very tiny ones, fenced in, some with just all crosses, some with all small stones, some mixed with big, small, etc. Just depends. And yes, very different from big city ones, like Chicago area, Milwaukee area, big city suburbs....

Back