Days of Our Lives - Fri. Feb. 7, 2014

Oh, you guys are great. When she first began sniffling, I thought the actress herself might have had a cold or something, and with their "one take" was attempting to stifle a sneeze or something. But when Jordan yelled Arthur.....yep, I thought a pet of some kind, did not think cat, tho. (Parrot, goldfish, turtle, hamster???)

Yep, loved the whole Sonny/Nick scene. I really adore Freddie Smith.

@WW...Yep, agree about ERic & Nicole.....too much has happened in the years inbetween. Just posted my thoughts about them in another thread.
Yes, I thought Nicole hid the phone right away when Ricardo came in.

WW I agree with you. At first, I thought Kate might be allergic to perfume until we heard Jordan said
"Arthur I'm home". Hopefully, Monday we will get to see who Arthur is. We know Jordan has more
space since Kate mentioned the living room. I wonder if the bedroom has a fire escape.

I enjoyed The Four at the club again. Especially nice to Lucas talking to Will.

I wonder if something will happen to Nicole's phone since all the information
is on it even Stefano's name. Dr Chyka was funny. He heard the Ricardo say
now two. Dr Chyka said "One from three is two"

I laughed during the fight scene. I guess Daniel forgot to eat his Wheaties
since he got knocked down :)

I guess god gave Eric his answer since because after he remembered
being a priest, he said Nicole's name out loud.

Baby Arianna was great again today. She kept looking at Nick and Gabi. When
Nick left, I think Ari thought "good riddance".

It's good to see that Rafe has tickets to a Cubs game. In fact, if the team management knew Rafe's story -- hero cop who heroically went through a long and difficult rehab to regain the use of his arms and legs -- he'd be in box seats right behind the Cubs dugout. Who knows -- maybe he'd even be asked to throw out the first ball. However, if EJ decided to show off for Samanther by scoring front-row seats for opening day, Rafe might just be tempted to aim for his head instead of the catcher's mitt.

Early on, Nicole threw something at the hit man. I wondered if it was her gun, since I never saw it again after that. I was thinking it was pretty dumb to throw away the gun, if that's what she did.

I too was thinking Kate must be having an allergic reaction to a pet, a dog or a cat. Most likely a cat because a dog would have either been barking or trying to make friends with her. Now I'm wondering how the allergy thing will tie in with the rest of the story. Did she leave her used tissue on the desk when she jumped up to try to get away?

It looked to me that Nicole threw her phone at the killer. She'd used her left hand to put ii in her back pocket, and used her left to throw it. Wasn't there a glimpse of Chyka's gun laying on the table? After waving it (cocked!) in Chyka's face, she tables it... within his potential reach!

What was interesting was the prayer Eric was saying, while Daniel & the goon were fighting, with his words overlapping the fight scene at the very end. ...."Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death".......and we hear the gunshot.

OC, I wondered about the used tissue too.

I'm enjoying how they are inter weaving stories with others,
like Eric praying then we stuff in the cabin. They seem to be
doing that more.

I've gotta say, I don't know who is dressing Lucas these days, but, I approve!! He looked great. Wonderful layering. Poor Rafe and Jordan don't stand a chance of holding our interests with these luke warm makeout sessions. EJ and Abby have raised the bar too high!! I'm waiting for Rafe and Jordan to jump the bar on this one!! You can do it !!!

Love the way the writers have brought sonny into the real salem fold. When he first came on he seemed to be a straight and narrow kind of guy, but now he's the first to step up as a protector for those he loves when they're in trouble, even when it's something illegal. Like his quiet demeanor when he does it!

Did anyone else think it was totally out of character to have nicole duck behind the chair during the last struggle over the gun?

I'm a big Nicole fan but I was disappointed at how she more or less wimped out and acted like a helpless female, after all of her bravado with Dr. Chyka tied up. To tell the truth, I wasn't crazy about any of those scenes.

I don't like feeling negative about some of my favorite characters. Rafe is another one I like a lot, and I could be okay with Jordan if she was given anything interesting to do. But they are beginning to remind me of John and Marlena sitting there reading the Santo and Colleen letters, while stopping to kiss every few minutes. Frankly, I'd be happy if Rafe and Jordan were given something--almost anything--to do besides kissing or making out!! Kissing is fine but I get tired of watching it after awhile. I'm really trying to like them as a couple but I can't help it, they just seem boring to me.

I also wondered about Kate's sniffing. She did it twice, and then paused what she was doing as if she was going to sneeze, but didn't. I wasn't sure if that was part of the script or not... but I think not!

I mentioned in another thread, but I liked the show today. I liked how the scenes with Eric were placed with the scenes of Nicole and Daniel, and particularly the last one, and how they overlapped. I thought it was done well. And the "flashback" scenes with Eric and Nicole were a bit strange, so I assumed maybe Eric was seeing his potential future with Nicole, as he was contemplating his direction. I don't know... maybe not... but that's how I took it. Because, to me, the scenes as flashbacks didn't really fit.

Glad to see hints that Lucas will have more of a storyline now. I didn't care for the times he was written as harsh or judgemental; Bryan Datillo (Lucas) does great work on the show, and he does sexy very well, so hopefully we will see that again.

Time to get Rafe up and about. His storyline is a little slow as well. He's a man of action, so let's see it!

Again I have an opinion that may be in the minority, but I really enjoy Blake Berris' portrayal of Nick Fallon. He is spot on for playing creepy, sinister, smart, and nutjob all rolled into one. Let's face it, it wouldn't be a soap without characters like him, so let's just enjoy it. Or not. Everyone is free to choose. Woohoo!

Sonny not being bothered by Nick, and Ari's face when Nick held her were my favorite scenes of the entire episode. I wonder if that was just by chance (Ari's face) or they trained her to do that, either way it was classic. But I must admit, week 2 of this storyline is already dragging too much. Nick is just talking in circles and it's kind of getting annoying. The DOOL writers really need to not drag these stories on so long.

Second favorite moments was Lucas and Sheryl, they're cute and I liked her meeting Will. I'm also warming to the new Will, he's actually more natural now and did he darken his hair? He looked slightly more attractive on Friday's episode.

I caught up over the weekend, overall, this is slightly a disappointing start to sweeps month. Last week's episodes were better. But I am interested to see what father Eric's decision is, but if he doesn't pick Nicole they just wasted our time for a year. I also enjoyed JJ's Theresa takedown, it was actually hilarious in its own way.

I also wondered about Kate's sniffing. She did it twice, and then paused what she was doing as if she was going to sneeze, but didn't. I wasn't sure if that was part of the script or not... but I think not!

I mentioned in another thread, but I liked the show today. I liked how the scenes with Eric were placed with the scenes of Nicole and Daniel, and particularly the last one, and how they overlapped. I thought it was done well. And the "flashback" scenes with Eric and Nicole were a bit strange, so I assumed maybe Eric was seeing his potential future with Nicole, as he was contemplating his direction. I don't know... maybe not... but that's how I took it. Because, to me, the scenes as flashbacks didn't really fit.
No you weren't the only one confused by the flashbacks. I also thought it was Eric seeing what he thought could've been his future with Nicole, especially since the first flashback was in what looked like the Horton Town Square. But after reading summaries I learned it was a flashback. I liked them anyway.

As for Jordan and Rafe, I do like them and see chemistry. I especially liked the slow-build, like what Eric & Nicole had. BUT, also like Eric & Nicole, it was dragged on for too long. Especially Jordan's mysterious past. And I'd rather see them doing something different than making out or going to the Pub. Give them a different storyline. Maybe have them work with Daniel and Nicole on Eric's case.

Good question. I don't think that would be admissible in criminal court because he was drugged first and taped against his will. I have a feeling Nicole and/or Daniel will stumble upon the safe before they leave though.

This is why Rafe or Roman should have been brought into this storyline before Nicole and Daniel left Salem.

Back