Days of Our Lives - Fri., July 29, 2016

Moira, I'm so sorry for your family's tragic losses. I would never be critical of anyone mourning on any level in real life. I'm of such a melancholy disposition myself, I look to tv and social media for a distraction from all of the sadness in the world, so I don't enjoy or watch shows where there is much of it. Soap operas often move on quickly from one thing to another. (Hey, people move on at full speed ahead from one partner to another). So my personal preference is to see the focus on the losses last for a short time. Besides, I just never did like Daniel and was hoping we could be finished with him at some point. I also think it is out of proportion that so little attention was given to the long-term characters, like Bo and Will, once they were gone, while so much has been given to Daniel.

Edited to add: I dislike seeing characters die on Days so much that as soon as I found out Lexie was going to die, I quit watching any scenes with her in them. I've done that with others too, if I learn ahead of time that they will be dying. I wish I had not watched the ones with Zack in them.

I'm with you Poirot. I wouldn't mind a story where someone has a grief relapse. It could even be just for a few scenes, and then back on track. Haven't we all lost someone, mourned, and thought we have moved on...only to be reminded somehow, and lose it again for a little while? It would add a nice touch of realism.

Honestly I feel like Lucas should be a constant wreck right now. His son is dead, his daughter is MIA, and he fought so hard for both of them. How is he hanging on? This should be front-burner in my opinion.

Nicole's grief was so realistic. One doesn't' t get over a loss like that so easily. I also though really liked Daniel & Nicole together. It was wonderful seeing Nicole so happy and looking forward to her future life with the man she loved. Now she is headed with a man I do not trust. This quick turn around from evil to good is a bit too much for me.

Last edited:
Well Sonny mentioned Will on Thursday and how hard it's been for him to get past his death. Perhaps we will get lucky and see some scenes with Sonny, Gabi and/or Lucas also discussing how much they miss Will.

I would imagine losing a spouse unexpectedly is catastrophic. If said spouse was murdered, 6 months does not seem adequate time to get passed it. People do not have photos around. Is that because they would have to pay the actors? I would love for Hope to have pictures of Lauren Boles (former Ciara). I still have pictures of my grown children as kids.

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely no pictures of her grandchild or Zack. I guess that's so we believe she is between 38-45.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back