Days of Our Lives - Fri., March 27, 2020

To clarify, I was cracking a joke. The Phony Phoenix kept saying he had a 'grrrrand' feast for his THREE guests, but we saw nothing.
They sure didn't -- not even stale peanuts and rancid Doritos. The hapless guests got only what was probably the cheapest possible champagne from Sam's Salem Discount Wine & Liquors. As for the rest of today's nonsense, here's my two cents.

Worst wedding ever: Salem has had lots of bad weddings, but the Steve-ano "nuptials" were the absolute worst:
  • a deranged hybrid groom;
  • a befuddled bigamous bride;
  • a pistol-packing robo-officiant;
  • two very reluctant guests;
  • an absurd venue (the slapped-together-in-two-weeks Maison Barf).
A glorious past that never was: Steve-ano wants to restore the "glory" of the DiMera family? What glory. The DiMera past includes such lowlights as:
  • the murder of poor Benjy;
  • Santo's absurd involvement with Colleen Brady;
  • Stefano's long list of failed marriages and relationships, and his pathetic pursuit of Marlena, his Queen of the Night;
  • EJ's many failures and stupidities, most notably his infatuation with Salem screecher, Sami, and his disastrous term as mayor;
  • Kristen's large number of truly sick plots;
  • Stefano's time in total paralysis after being drugged by Marlena;
  • Tony being exiled for many years to some secret island;
  • Andre running totally amok before he pulled the plug on himself at the hospital and supposedly died;
  • Lexie's fatal "vacation" in the DiMera tunnels.

I'm not very observant about some things. I had never even noticed the credits before this week, when suddenly I saw them coming up in a format that would have been hard to miss. I just shrugged and briefly wondered why they had never shown them before. I didn't notice the music but it's likely I turn the sound off immediately after the show ends. I always watch from recording so I tend to skip and/or mute anything that's not of interest to me.

Thanks, Poirot.

What a show. You either had to laugh or feel ill.

I'm glad Marlena thought of John before the ceremony. I kept hoping she
was faking it during the whole thing.

I'm glad Kristen and Tony both realized Chad and Marlena were brainwashed.
Someone said "Mind-melding Marlena"

There were some funny lines today.

Tony said "Wake me from this nightmare"

Anna said she put Find My Phone app in Tony's phone Gabi said "Doesn't
the app need to turned on on Tony's phone?" Abby said "You should know" :)

Great ending with John coming to save the day.

Missed most of today's show. The governor had to tell us what we already knew, the Navy ship at port, so thank you for that posting. But I am just fed up with it all. Maybe the storyline will change, but I doubt it. I was so happy to see dear Anna return. Can only hope her scenes will make me want to watch again. Couldn't someone just pull the pin on this stupid storyline? If not this year, when???

Last edited by a moderator:
The only time I ever saw the credits done like currently is when I was doing Early Edition, getting the 37 min. feed (sans commercials) to Canada on the big dish in my yard at 3 a.m. I could then watch at 7 a.m., and have "next day" up early a.m. Alas, they first changed over to Same day, then to transmitting on a different sattelite, or via internet or something.

Just an FYI......Crystal Lake is about 45-50 miles N.W. of Chicago, takes about an hr. to drive there via interstate. Yes, I have been there, a real place.

Back