Days of Our Lives - Fri., Nov. 11, 2016

Thanks for the summary. Yay! Third day in a row with a break from the crap with Hope! On the other hand, that means we'll probably be "treated" to it on Monday.

This Brady and Theresa storyline just adds more misery into an already depressing soap. Good acting, but enough!

Abigail slinking around in the shadows is getting old. Just have her come out and reveal the truth! As for Gabi and Chad, seems he moved on as quickly as Jennifer did in '12 after Jack died.

I hope Jade is faking the pregnancy. That storyline may be overdone, but so is the constant teen pregnancy stuff.

There was also a scene with Claire and Jade in HTS where Jade actually accused Claire of being jealous:sick:. Then after Claire denied it she said Claire is jealous because she doesn't have a boyfriend. Hello Theo?!? These writers have no cohesiveness whatsoever. That's why we get one episode with Theo and Ciara and then the next with Theo and Claire.

Claire's hair was on point though.

The Jeannie T stuff is just overkill now. As with Hope, we are seeing the same scenes repeatedly while we never see other characters. I did love the stuff with JJ. I saw more chemistry there than I've seen with her and Brady over the last 2 years. Missed opportunity big time. I was also thinking yesterday that she should have been with the video game crowd rather than with Brady where she seems so out of place.

Also, I didn't understand the point of her actually drinking and taking the drugs.

Chad and Gabi too much too soon too forced. I did like that Gabi didn't hesitate to leave once JJ called her. I really hope JJ didn't actually cheat.

Last edited:
OK I may be alone with this thinking, but I really don't understand why JJ or anyone else [Theresa] thinks that the "right" thing to do is tell Gabi about his one night stand. How does this improve his relationship with Gabi?

Lil0, I agree with you. If it is a situation where the injured party is not likely to ever find out, the only purpose served is for the offender to try to relieve his own conscience. The one who was cheated on then has to live with that hurt forever. However, in Salem, when a person cheats, he or she inevitably confides in one or more persons, which means the secret is sure to get out.

Claire shouldn't have helped Joey. It just made things worse when he saw Jade
Speaking of characters the writers don't seem to "get," what has been happening with Claire? She started off as the smart, but younger teen "friend" of the trainwreck Ciara (with a trace of "boo-hoo my parents are divorced" drama), then became a followers-obsessed star wannabe, and now she's the typical meddling teen, only she's giving terrible advice to her friends instead of doing the actual meddling.

I want the first Claire back!!

Plus, since this is a soap, the person who was the other half of the one night stand, or cheating, invariably shows up at some point, so......the person is hurt worse as it then comes out in some way.

I think Theresa downed the pills & alcohol on purpose, to make Brady really believe she has reverted to her "true" self, and thus not try delving into her leaving him. She truly feels that if Brady knew about Mateo, he would confront him, end up dead, and she would have to go with Mateo anyway.

These writers have no cohesiveness whatsoever. That's why we get one episode with Theo and Ciara and then the next with Theo and Claire.
I still contend that there are two sets of writers and they rotate off without talking to each other. And they write for whomever the producers have assigned that day. LOL
There was also a scene with Claire and Jade in HTS where Jade actually accused Claire of being jealous:sick:.
She should have said, "What is this, The Guiding Light? We don't date our cousins in Salem!!!...much."
I saw more chemistry there than I've seen with her and Brady over the last 2 years. Missed opportunity big time.
They could have had a good mutual-redemption story, and they did have chemistry. I'm just so confused as to what ages everybody is supposed to be now that they've "aged up" Jeannie T to be with Brady (who was actually born after her).
Chad and Gabi too much too soon too forced.
They must be the next Golden Couple. This is how we got Brady/Jeannie T, Daniel/Nicole, and Deimos/Nicole too. LOL

Has it ever occurred to anyone to just kill Mateo? Sure, he's part of a big drug family or something, but how could they not make it look like an accident? Ugh how dumb is this story?
Plus, since this is a soap, the person who was the other half of the one night stand, or cheating, invariably shows up at some point, so......the person is hurt worse as it then comes out in some way.
Exactly. What works in real life might not work on a soap. (Though I would contend honesty is the best policy in life, too, but hey, that's just me.)

Has it ever occurred to anyone to just kill Mateo? Sure, he's part of a big drug family or something, but how could they not make it look like an accident? Ugh how dumb is this story?
Exactly. I fail to believe one of Victor's thugs couldn't have shot Mateo in the park, end of story.

Jen Lilley (Theresa) has turned in an excellent portrayal of an utterly distraught young woman, but overall this plot has been dark, dismal, and utterly depressing as the hapless, clueless Brady is subjected to a torrent of hysterical play-acting by Jeannie T. and lied to and/or deceived by Kim and Victor who are old enough to know better. To make things worse, the cause of all this duplicity is the supposedly all-powerful Mateo who looks as if he could be blown over by one of Sami's well-targeted screeches. Other depressing moments were provided by the news that Jade is allegedly pregnant and JJ fessing up to poor Gabi. Then, over at the DiMansion, it was another new low for its security as the absurdly-disguised "mystery woman" was able not only to gain entrance, but made it all the way to the room where Thomas was. That said, amidst all this gloom, doom, and nonsense was one high note -- Henderson is back at the K-mansion. It's good to see that Victor is loyal to the help.

Last edited:
I was surprised she didn't sneak in through the tunnel. Maybe she's never been
in it.

I still contend that there are two sets of writers and they rotate off without talking to each other. And they write for whomever the producers have assigned that day. LOL.)

You may be on to something with that one.

Has it ever occurred to anyone to just kill Mateo?.)

You mean besides a bunch of us viewers? Apparently not. I've been wondering the same thing. The head, or someone higher up, in a drug cartel would have plenty of enemies, both within the cartel and without. It shouldn't be too hard to make his death look like it was done by one of his many enemies. Sure it might look a little suspicious with Mateo having come to Salem to get Theresa back, but with a little work, it could work.

As someone else pointed out, between Victor, John, the ISA, and possibly even Eduardo's various connections, it should be easy to make things look like one, or several, of Mateo's many rivals followed him to Salem. It'd be a good spot for one of them to kill him - he's away from the cartel, so not as well protected, he's not familiar with the area, there were ready made suspects already there. Heck our guys could even make it look like the rival(s) made a clumsy attempt to pin it on Victor/the ISA.

Back