Days of Our Lives - Fri., Oct. 2, 2015

I would have liked to have heard a little something from a pastor or priest at the funeral.

Eduardo/Steve would make a good Bo-finding team.

If Eve gets carried away playing the blame game, hopefully her bugging activities are uncovered.

Kim/Shane's not being at the funeral was very unrealistic.

So now Chad is concerned about Andre trying to take his place as Stefano's heir-apparent? :confused:

Eduardo's being in town creates yet another opportunity for us to finally see Mama Hernandez.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't the priest say prayers........I tried to watch the section that I missed during the pre=emption last night on POP......and I know he said the Our Father prayer, and something else......just before the Our Father.
As far as talking about Paige herself, I think because Eve was doing so much of it, perhaps they felt it would be overkill???

Jason, I don't know what's going on with Daniel, but like Eras, I'm wondering if Daniel does know something he is not saying-perhaps what Serena was researching before she died? Could what she was researching have anything to do with the cure for Caroline's illness? Remember that Serena was a medical journalist. I just don't believe that Ben killing Serena/Paige and framing Chad is as simple as his being jealous of Chad. I think that there is a lot more to this storyline than meets the eye.

Serena was killed to frame Chad. Opportunity knocked. heck, Ben even had the flowers from the DiMera garden saved. He planned on getting Chad into trouble to remove him from Abby's life.
The surprising thing is, he just did not try to kill Chad. Now maybe he figured that would incite Stefano, and he did not want to have Stefano out to find the person who killed his son. (But Stefano has not even found out who was responsible for EJ's death, has he?)

I think that the main reason why Ben didn't try to kill Chad is because he knows that Abigail would mourn his loss and that would cause her to love Chad more. The main reason why Ben is framing Chad is to destroy Abigail's love/faith in Chad, but I think his actually killing Paige/Serena is more complex-at least I hope it is.

Heck, Abby already loves Chad more than she does Ben. She does care for Ben, but is with him only because he is (so she thinks) the father of her baby. And even if he really IS, she still loves Chad and would be with him if she was not pregnant. Ben can see she is drawn to Chad, that she has faith in Chad, doesn't believe he is guilty. I think this further drives his jealousy and determination. Right now, he thinks he did so, which is why he threw away the ties, gloves & petals.

That's an interesting point about why didn't Ben just try to kill Chad in that it fits into the usual MO of a serial killer. I don't pretend to be any kind of expert but a common thread I've noticed following cases on the news, is that while most of these creeps seem to have a source for their rage usually an abusive parent etc, they don't seem to usually kill that person. They seem to tend point their rage elsewhere. Just like Ben is doing.

Last edited:
Kim/Shane's not being at the funeral was very unrealistic
With Shane not being well recently, it would make sense why Kimberly didn't come, does not, unless still tending to him. But should have been mentioned.

Didn't the priest say prayers.
The priest started reciting the Lord's Prayer. Most everyone joined in except Eve. She would not say one word of the prayer, just sat there stoic.

Yeah I know, I blame writers. They could have given her an excuse. I remember during the Salem slasher debacle, they would be in the church nursery (at the funeral for Caroline?) or one excuse for Kayla was "Stephanie was sick."

I think it's inexcusable. Both the actors who play Shane and Kim have been very open about returning to Days if given the opportunity. Sounds like someone at TPTB dropped the ball on this one. They could have had Shane there just for the funeral and then Kim could have stuck around longer to comfort Eve and Jeannie as well as to help Kayla with Caroline. There is a need for Kim in Salem right now.

Back