Days of Our Lives - Fri., Sept. 20, 2019

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, NBC once again has "breaking news" that could probably wait til regular news hour. However, speeches are being made.......so, this is just first 20 minutes of the show. (If someone else gets the whole show, hopefully they will fill in the rest.....)

Sarah is on the phone, making arrangements for her abortion, wanting to know how much longer she has to stay after, she wants to arrange for a taxi home, no friends or relatives know, & she wants it that way. Xander is trying to put off Kristen, who wants more info about the secret he let slip out, and tho he initially refuses, of course he caves, tells of the plan to abort. Kristen is delighted, a lot of blarney about her love for Brady, Xander threatening her if she does anything to Sarah, and in the end, Kristen admits she is not pregnant, but will be, she will take Sarah's.

JJ talks with Kayla, who thinks perhaps Dr. Shah is responsible for Jen's disappearance. She tells (in flashback) how angry he was that Kayla gave his lab time to Rolf, how he berated her, even grabbing her arm at one point. She ended up telling him to pack up, he is fired. Jack has come up, so he has heard all this, noone has any idea where Dr. Shah could be now.

Will is with Kate, talking to her, Lucas arrives. Will glad to see his dad, hugs, updates, Lucas talks to Kate, he is here, sorry it took so long, wake up and say hello. In comes Dr. Sarah, who makes her sorrowful faces, not liking apparently, that she has to talk to the relatives. She explains there was more damage inside, than originally thought, and tho Kate came out of surgery, the final outcome does not look good.

Stefan is with Vivian (another wig) who is drinking tea, they talk about Kate being shot, cops there, search, etc. etc. He notes they did not find "this" luckily, uncovering from somewhere near the fireplace, the doctor togs Viv wore at the hospital. He asks about "Dr. Cramer".

Dr. Shah comes in, talking to the silent Jennifer, about trashing the lab, then returning there to kidnap her, mentioning they are in a motel......how she pushed him to the brink, using him to get over Eric, Jack. How he stupidly kept coming back when she snapped her fingers. But no more, he reached his breaking point. Jen has managed to mumble "I am sorry" thru the gag, but that does not faze him.

And now NBC has graciously ended their Breaking News, returning us to Days, for the last 3 minutes!

Dr. Shah tells Jen that they both are in this together for the long haul, as he removes her gag.
Kayla comes out of Kate's room, telling Lucas that Kate cannot breathe on her own, that she has re-itubated her, she is on machines and will be, until YOU decide.

Vivian is arguing with Stefan, begging him to back her up, protect her. He is reluctant, but agrees, saying they will wait and see if Kate comes out of her come. Viv is angry, thinks they have to make sure Kate doesn't tell on her, and they need to do it now.

JJ & Jack burst thru the motel room door into a darkened, empty room, finding the cut ropes that had bound Jennifer.

Will comes into the DiMera foyer, goes to the door, listens (Viv & Stefan inside)

Xander & Kristen are arguing, Xander warning Kristen that he will not tolerate any harm to Sarah, he no longer works for her, back off or he will tell Sarah everything. And in comes Sarah.....tell me what?

Here's some stuff I caught:

Kate's Deathbed: Lucas called Austin, told him to get on a plane. They can keep positive but need to prepare. Lucas will call Billie. Will says he knows who's responsible; Lucas isn't sure Viv's culpable. Later, he's telling her he's still sober, not seeing Chloe, but he needs her back.

DiMansion: Vivian recounts her hospital misadventure to Stefan, who was at a board meeting at the time. He wants to destroy her scrubs; she wants them back so she can kill Kate. He laments putting Gabi in this position, Vivian says he needs to protect her or she'll kill him.

Police Station: Jack tells JJ that there's an APB out on Shah. Jack laments his role in this mess. JJ remembers Jennifer has an app on her phone that will allow them to track her.

Nurses Station: Kayla is getting security to protect them from Shah. Sarah wanders in, she's actually in scrubs, Kayla won't talk about the Shah situation with her. Sarah asks to leave early, Kayla wonders if she's okay (remember Kayla administered the pregnancy test). Sarah claims she wasn't pregnant after all, please don't tell Eric she even thought it.

Kmansion: Kristen laid out her plot to swipe the embryo from Sarah to a disbelieving Xander, whom she tries to convince will be helpful to him too.

Captivity Room: Jennifer is being tortured (as are we all) by Shah. He's berating her and not giving her water. He goes to get more; she is still partially mobile and tries to use her phone.

Kate's Deathbed: Kayla interrupts Lucas's talk with Kate, updates him on the case, and they talk about Julie again. Kayla wants to make another attempt to get Kate breathing independently, if Lucas will permit it. Lucas pauses, "my mom didn't want any...yeah, go ahead." He leaves the room.

Private Area: JJ and Jack are plotting to check out Shah's office. They get a text from Jen's phone, with a message of her location (West Salem Inn Room 5). They consider it may be a trap, but zip off anyway, planning to call the police en route.

West Salem Inn Room 5: Shah tells Jennifer they're in this for the long haul.

Poirot has the rest.

Last edited:
To be precise, Vivian told Stefan, moments after lamenting that he was putting Gabi before her, that "the next grave" she'd dig would be his.

I'm sorry, they barely knew each other before coming to Salem. (Vivian "tracked me down recently" Stefan Octavius said, 1/1/2018.) NOT BUYING IT.
Not buying Shah.

No longer liking Kayla filler scenes or bad administrator scenes.

Lucas brought it, as always. HE SHOULD BE ON MORE.

(Sorry for yelling.)

Oooh, Jason, thank you so very much! And I do agree about Lucas....
So.......Viv now threatens to kill her "son"??? Hope he gets a clue. Did Viv escape from Bayview?

I thought it was funny when Kayla was talking about Dr. Shah and said he was a nice guy but lately he's been different. Almost like a whole other person, huh Kayla?!!

I am very surprised they figured out so quickly that it was Shah that has Jennifer. I gotta say I sympathize with him. He has been done bad. Not so much Jennifer but giving away his lab to crazy Rolf then firing him for calling Kayla out on it!!

And yes Lucas did bring it today!!! He was breaking heart so upset about his mom!!

I really wish they would end this Brady and Kristen nonsense. What good is it going to do her to steal Sarah's baby? Yeah, she'll be pregnant but certainly Brady will want DNA and he and Eric are brothers by marriage, no parent in common so there can't be a mix up like the Lucas/Rex baby business.

I liked Robin Strasser (Vivian) a lot more as Dorian Lord OLTL. They should have gotten Louise Sorel (real Vivian) back.

Lucas: It's great that he's back, but why not have him do more than fret at Kate's bedside? For starters, he should get a second opinion about his mother's condition. Contrary to what Kayla said, she's not "in good hands." Lucas should have her reevaluated by real doctors ASAP.

Xander: Instead of listening to Kristen's sick b/s, scowling at her, and pledging to look out for Sarah, the X-Man should do everyone a favor and throttle her on the spot. He'd be an instant hero all over Salem. (Imagine the pained expression on Eric's face if he learned that almost everyone now loved the heroic X-Man.)

Dr. Shah: Yes, we now know that he's bonkers, but Kayla firing him on the spot seemed a bit much especially since the hospital put up with the antics of the Love Doctor for years: trysting with his patients, his office hook-up with Nicole, and him drooling all over attractive women wearing hospital gowns.

Kristen & Vivian: These two appearing repeatedly in one episode is wretched excess. How much of this awfulness can the viewers take?

Jenny: Being held prisoner by the deranged Dr. Shah may not be pleasant, but she shouldn't get too excited. She's been through far worse: having her heart stolen by Warden Jane Smith and her accomplice inmate Lee, who were selling human organs to another University Hospital all-star physician, Dr. Ben Walters.

Well, today's episode was so shocking! Every viewer was totally amazed that Kristen would suggest such an idea while talking with Xander. We were all so surprised.

Lordy, how stupid do do the writers think we are? We've been down this road, writers. You practically gave us the same dialog!

Wonderful to see Lucas again, keep him around Salem!

Yep, sarcasm noted Mtnmom. And to answer your question, it isn't that the writers think we all are so stupid and forgetful. It's that they think THEY are smarter, more resourceful, and just know darn well the masses would never realize the rinse and repeat copycatting they do. :)

I know Kristen is evil and crazy, but Brady straight up said, "I'm drawn to you, but your evil schemes keep me away from you," and her response is to come up with another evil scheme. I. Can't. Deal. With. Her. Literally, all she has to do is stop, and he'd be dumb enough to take her back. Instead, she's trying to figure out how to steal another zygote out of a pregnant woman. Ugh. Why can't she die and give her heart to Julie?

Ditto for Stefan. All you have to do is stop being evil, and you have virtually everything you want. Instead, you're letting your "mother" -- who is showing obvious signs of high insanity (please, bring back original Vivian) -- guilt you into covering up her murderous intentions. There's nothing about her that suggests she won't try to kill Kate again. Nothing. She doesn't even pretend to have self-control. The last few days make Stefan look like more of a fool than the Gabby plot.

I know this was yesterday, but since they'd showed it again, Xander would never let it slip about Sarah's pregnancy and definitely not to Kristen. That makes no sense and is terrible writing. He's kept bigger secrets than that for way longer than a day. If he goes along with the fetus theft Kristen's planning, it will undo any goodwill they've tried to create to move his character from mustache-twirling villain to middle-of-the-road Salemite. Seeing him try to have a legit relationship with Sarah is much more interesting to me than having him be Kristen's lackey again.
:beat:

As weird as it sounds with all the ridiculous stories of late, that might be a deal-breaker for me with these writers. I'm beyond tired of them relying on wild twists of villainy instead of exploring human emotion with complicated relationships that develop over time. Weirdly, Xander and Sarah would be that. There's conflict beyond kidnapping, murder, returning from the dead, and other plot twists out of science fiction. How about letting us see plain old messy humanity? Whew. Rant over.

I enjoyed seeing Lucas. I'm interested to see how they exit this Kate storyline. I can't imagine she's going to end up being taken off life support.

Xander: Instead of listening to Kristen's sick b/s, scowling at her, and pledging to look out for Sarah, the X-Man should do everyone a favor and throttle her on the spot. He'd be an instant hero all over Salem. (Imagine the pained expression on Eric's face if he learned that almost everyone now loved the heroic X-Man.)
Are you stalking this guy on twitter? LOL
I know this was yesterday, but since they'd showed it again, Xander would never let it slip about Sarah's pregnancy and definitely not to Kristen. That makes no sense and is terrible writing.
Hear, hear.

To be fair, some people on twitter and other boards are really impressed with this story. (I'm not joking.) We have to remember that long-time viewers like us are not the majority of soap viewers. Sadly.

I'll have to check that out on Twitter. I'm just frustrated. The show is getting reduced to a bunch of nearly supernatural people with an endless ability to come back from the dead, have unseen henchmen doing their bidding, and all this magical Dr. Rolf stuff. It's always been okay in small, carefully administered doses on soaps, but it's taking over way too much of the show.

What are people impressed by, I wonder? The Xander-Sarah pairing is one that's been more interesting from the beginning, but Xander never divulges secrets unless it's part of an orchestrated attempt to get something. It's the most consistent thing about him. The man is a lockbox. Imagine if he used his craftiness to help Sarah? He'd be the first man to show her loyalty. He could walk the line between being good and being bad. That's better than watching more medical tricks and Salem-style zombies. I can't even get invested in the storylines about Julie and Kate because I know, at any moment, a magic serum could change everything even if they die.

It's always been okay in small, carefully administered doses on soaps, but it's taking over way too much of the show.
This is how I feel, too. As a Dark Shadows fan, I enjoy the supernatural - but it has to be grounded in well-developed characters, or when you run out of new monster stories, you're left with goldfish characters you know will escape the monster-of-the-week.
The show is getting reduced to a bunch of nearly supernatural people with an endless ability to come back from the dead
Right. Why should we care if Kate dies? The moment it's convenient, she will be resurrected. Of course, that's always been the case on soaps (save when an actor dies in real life), but this show is explicitly stating it.

I feel like they need to have Stefan and Kristen and Vivian capering/competing to keep Kate from getting any serum. That's where the dramatic impact would be.
What are people impressed by, I wonder?
I'm not sure. Based on their tweets, they have been watching the show less than two years.

Edited to add a link to a thread celebrating the show. Read and decide for yourself. Experiences may vary. :)

Last edited:
Thanks, Poirot and Jason.

Great seeing Lucas in town. He called Austin about Kate.

Why is Kristen at the K-mansion? Did she go to find Brady? Why
did Victor's security team let her on the property? Who let her in?

Xander was smart and closed the door to the living room.

Kayla should have said to JJ about Henry "He has a different face.
When that happens in Salem the person's personality sometimes
changes too"

Line of the day goes to Lucas "What about the cops? What are they doing?
Are they finally doing their job?"

Kayla should have said to JJ about Henry "He has a different face.
When that happens in Salem the person's personality sometimes
changes too"
"He doesn't even seem like the Henry Shah we hired!" - I'm actually surprised they didn't write that in. They've been pretty heavy with the behind-the-scenes humour lately.

To clarify, I don't think Kate will die. Because this is a medical hospital story.

I finally watched this episode. While I laughed at Jason's comment (but agreed with it) that we were all being tortured (along with Jennifer) by watching the Dr. Shah/Jennifer captivity scenes, I will say that this actor is probably a better choice for such scenes. The original one seemed kinda squeaky clean and robotic to me but this one could appear more sinister. I'm not saying he did, just that he might could (to use my best Texan phrase).

The best thing I can say about the episode is, "Lucas."

We never had sci-fi bringing someone back from the dead. It was only if they had been thought dead, but really weren't. Ever since that one writer, they started all this weirdness. Well, I guess Stefano did some crazy stuff, too, but not to the current extent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back