Days of Our Lives - Fri. Sept. 3, 2010

Well, took 4 years of Latin, a year of Spanish, and lived in an Italian neighborhood. Sorry, I reran it 4 times, could not make out what he said, except for the Madre' and Morte'......and I knew what both of those meant. But not what he said inbetween. But then he is talking practically into EJ shirt. :)

Thank you for the write-up. I just love reading the Days Ahead in the midst of the morning madness!

I cannot believe they are rushing Sami and Rafe into engagement! Sami needs to wake up! Every marriage that she has had has been a disaster! She should have said no and taken time with her kids. And, Rafe...I just thought he was smarter than this. Just 24 hours earlier Sami was about to marry the person Rafe dispises most in the world...does he even know that Sami and EJ never slept together?

sorry, I have a friend who has a tumor on his esophagus, is having surgery, been on my mind. Thanx for letting me know of the boo boo.

THANKS FOR THE WRITE UP! sounds like a great show... will set DVR tonight! :)

oh and I will say a prayer for your friend who is having surgery on their esophagus... :( my uncle had that and its very scary... praying!

Fantastic episode!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait!

I agree that "Days" writers out did themselves again! I have loved "Days" especially these last few days.

Let's send Viv on a slow boat to China never to return,

I was hoping EJ would die, but of course not. He's a DiMera! Let's just hope he's brain injured and can't do anyone any damage anymore. I guess that's the best we can hope for, but that won't happen either. He will be bald (I read that somewhere too) but he will live obviously.

As for Dr. Dan, I used to loathe him but I really like him now and have for awhile. I worry about his safety once Stefano finds out that he threatened EJ (even though EJ certainly deserved it and more) but we know to Stefano no matter what EJ does he is his SON and the sun rises and sets in him.

I hope in a way that Sami and Rafe keep their engagement secret for obvious reasons (the DiMera's for one), but doubtful that will happen either since Sami can never keep her big mouth shut when she should and is quiet and secretive when she shouldn't. I am a big Sami and Rafe fan so of course him asking her to marry him was superb in my mind. I don't think it's at ALL sudden given they've been off again on again for so long and they belong together. Everyone will cheer in the Brady family for sure, but who will Sami have as her maid of honor? Ari is out now I would think. I don't think Sami is close to ANY females there in Salem anymore, is she? Rafe might choose Brady to be his best man, but not sure who he is close to either except that black actor who is in the FBI with him so possibly him? One thing for sure though. He will make a WONDERFUL father for Sami's kids.

:cry2: No, not Pookie!! Oh, I am so very sad right now. That damn Vivian what the hell did she do to precious little Pookie!? :mad: Wow, I can't even comment on the rest I am so very upset about the Pookster... :(

It is important for Ciara to go about her life as normally as possible, and whether Carly is there or not is unimportant. It is Ciara who is. JMO

I was just going to say that Barb (after I got over the shock of Pookie :) ). Bo is doing what he can to be with his daughter and I will enjoy watching that scene with Carly.

especially since Red says she was impressed.with Carly...holy moly is there a full moon or what! LOL!:clap:

I feel the same way...why did Pookie have to go?! :cry2:

I totally want Bo to say "Whew, I'm glad you offered because I was wondering how to get you the heck outta here! Dodged a big bullet there!" but I know that's not going to happened. I think Carly is fishing, but probably moreso for Bo to say "go" and it be okay on her conscious than having broken up his marriage which resulted in his wife going crazy/being put in jail.

This is not the first time Carly has told Bo she would leave if that's what he wanted. Actually, all through their relationship this go 'round, she has been the one to show hesitancy and offer him "outs". She's given that man every "out" under the sun, and he never takes her up on it. It is Bo that has been made pretty much every move, insisting that she live with him, never backing down that he loves her and wants her with him. He's told practically everyone that he loves Carly, even as their relationship has been met with nothing but ridicule and unacceptance. A while back, Carly told Bo that she would rather be hurt than live a lie, and they should end it right then and there if he felt they were a mistake. He said no, he doesn't regret anything (although both admitted to perhaps going into this a bit too fast), blah blah. So, if Bo wants back with Hope, he's certainly not being held back by Carly.

I think Carly just sincerely loves Bo, she always has. She wants what is best for him, even if that isn't her. That's real love right there. And unlike a certain someone, she doesn't play games with him, guilt him, discount his feelings and blame him for everything that goes wrong in HER life. Carly is being written very maturely; with compassion and patience. She's actually being too saintly, if you ask me. She should shake Bo out of his enabling of Hope, tell him he's not to blame for her trying to murder him. Ridiculous!!!!

The Bo and Carly relationship is much more deep and affecting, IMO .... despite, of course, the show giving them one episode a month together solely to prop up the plight of Hope Brady. Carly loves him enough to let him go if that's what he wants. So far, while obviously concerned about Hope, and guilt driving his emotions regarding her, he hasn't been willing to let Carly go. According to CC's tweets about scenes she's filming with Peter, at least two months from now, they are still together and sharing kissing scenes. So, I wonder how they are going to end them to put Bo back in the thankless role of Mr. Hope Brady.

Carly shouldn't be asking Bo what she should do.

Thank you, Barb.

OK, nobody faint.......I actually have something good to say about Carly......She was very good in talking to Ciara today. You know it really goes against my grain to say anything nice about her, but I have to give her props on this one.

See, Barb? I am capable of it once in a while. :D

Carly ought to know darn well she needs to get out of the picture. She shouldn't have gone to court and she shouldn't be giving Bo the opportunity to tell her to stay (which is what she wants to hear).

I wish Viv would bury her again!:mad:

You are so right!

Sounds like an interesting eppy...First, I HATE the Carly Manning character and wish the character into another storyline altogether- she has some "noble" dialogue, but I'm not buying it...she is "fishing" for Bo to tell her "please don't leave me"...She is and will always be a wannabe - she has always wanted Hope's life - she wants Bo to validate that she can have it.

Sami, where do I start???

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::

Thanks for the recap Barb however nothing well ever get me to like Carly Manning. And again Bo's wife is in JAIL and he goes off and has a family outing with Ciara and CARLY. Sorry but Carly Manning can leave Salem on a boat and NEVER come back.

~Ana
Amen to that!

Days of Our Lives

EJ is brought into the hospital on a gurney, evidently still alive, pulse thready, lost a lot of blood, but the nurse advises “he was laying on a pillow, which caused compression”, which seemingly saved him. Daniel order the O.R. stat, wants Dr. Manning paged to assist, orders at least 6 pints of blood on standby. Stefano says they can have all of his blood, how ever much they need.

Barb

Wait, the pillow caused compression?? Sami's shot caused the right side of his head to bleed. We were shown several shots of his bloodied right side. His LEFT side was pressed against a pillow though.

Maybe he was shot on the left side and the shooter placed the gun on the bed to make it look like a suicide.

Well said, sassy weathergirl! Agree 100%.

"I think Carly just sincerely loves Bo, she always has. She wants what is best for him, even if that isn't her. That's real love right there. And unlike a certain someone, she doesn't play games with him, guilt him, discount his feelings and blame him for everything that goes wrong in HER life. Carly is being written very maturely; with compassion and patience. She's actually being too saintly, if you ask me. She should shake Bo out of his enabling of Hope, tell him he's not to blame for her trying to murder him. Ridiculous!!!! "

It is all fine and well for Bo to be there with CIARA however CARLY has no business being involved with Ciara. If Bo wanted to spend time with CIARA it should be WITHOUT CARLY especially NOW. No wonder Ciara asked BO if the reason he took her mommy away was so he can be with Carly because all Ciara sees in Carly is that she is a homewreak and the reason her mother isn't with her and the reason why her parents aren't together. Too bad Ciara didn't ask for Carly to leave and that this outing is for HER and her daddy and that Carly isn't included. And another thing I don't consider this BO/CARLY relationship as true love never have never will. Bo was at a time where his life was falling apart and CARLY KNEW that and took advantage of it she can say that she wanted Bo and Hope to be together but if she really did SHE WOULDN'T have started an AFFAIR with a MARRIAGE MAN nor would she have WILLINGLY MOVED INTO the married man's house!

~Ana

Sami looked to me like she was just pointing the gun, closing her eyes and shooting.. I bet her bullet just tore apart his ear -the other shooter did the head wound we cannot see..

Also whoever (if there was another shooter) and he wanted to make it look like EJ shot himself -- Don't you think he should have had the gun in the hand on the side of the head that was shot?

Sami looked to me like she was just pointing the gun, closing her eyes and shooting.. I bet her bullet just tore apart his ear -the other shooter did the head wound we cannot see..

Also whoever (if there was another shooter) and he wanted to make it look like EJ shot himself -- Don't you think he should have had the gun in the hand on the side of the head that was shot?

I'm thinking if it was Will, being so young, he wouldn't have thought to put the gun in EJ's left hand to make it look like EJ shot himself.

Back