Days of Our Lives - Fri. Sept. 3, 2010

Sami did not really aim. She just shot so my guess is there is another bullet somewhere. I really hope it was not her. She deserves to have a little happiness once in awhile. I don't think playing house with EJ is happy when she was clearly in love with someone else. It will be interesting how it all plays out. Ken Corday said that Sami is the shooter, but he has lied before so we will see

I agree Ana. Actually, I don't mind so much that Carly was on the little outing with Bo and Ciara as I mind that Carly presumed it her place to "talk" to Ciara. I feel that the "where is mommy" talk should have came from Bo as her father and if he can't man up, then either Julie or Caroline should have talked to Ciara. Just don't think the perso who realistically is involved in the root of Bo/Hope's turmoil should be trying to act all sugar and pureness to a little child -- Ciara is young not stupid.

gun

:confused: Wasn't the gun in EJ's left hand when he was holding it earlier, or was that a reflection in the mirror? When Sami came in, the gun was in his right hand.
Of course nothing could kill him, but a silver bullet.

:confused: Wasn't the gun in EJ's left hand when he was holding it earlier, or was that a reflection in the mirror? When Sami came in, the gun was in his right hand.
Of course nothing could kill him, but a silver bullet.

The gun was in EJ's right hand and the wound is on the right side of his head. Some are speculating the mirror and its reflection were used to confuse people. I'm thinking maybe there will be a flashback scene that will show us someone ELSE reflected in the mirror who either saw Sami shoot EJ or who is a 2nd shooter and their bullet is really the one that hit its target. Kind of like when they showed how Dr. Baker faked his death through a "flashback" even though we never saw it at the time it actually happened.

I posted this on yesterdays so sorry if I am doing something I'm not supposed too (only my second post)
In Thursday's episode - it shows Sami holding the gun up - then the camera zooms in and it only shows an arm with a black sleeve and a large man's watch - then the shot is fired and the arm jerks back (like a recoil). In the next scene it shows a full shot again of Sami holding up the gun aiming (as if she had just shot him) NO watch!

Who is wearing a black shirt with a Large watch??????

I watched both Thursdays and Fridays show back to back and watched the EJ shooting scenes very closely. There was no blood on EJ before Sami shot then you see another scene with just the hand and the gun going off. The person is wearing blue nailpolish. Sami opens her eyes and there is blood on EJ's right hand side. She takes off and goes back to Rafe's. When they are in bed I check Sami's nailpolish and it is a reddish brown, not blue. I am thinking that when we see the second shot of the gun it is not Sami shooting, but someone else shooting at the same time.

the EJ shooting s/l is awesome...

I'm thinkin it could be ANNA back from wherever...

but then where has WILL been?

and was Nicole accounted for at the time of the shooting? could this be the reason for the breakdown, the freaking out?

I'm looking forward to watching this play out...

It bothers me that Rafe and Sami are now magically together. Rafe is doing everything for Sami, but I hate how he discounts himself by taking her back so soon. I just wish Sami would be by herself for a while, ya know, regroup, maybe some therapy. then enter into a healthy relationship with someone.

For all the Rafe fans, even those of us over 50, when Rafe hopped out of bed to get the engagement ring was he or was he not standing in front of Sami naked as a Jay Bird? This scene was HOT HOT HOT. All I could think of was the first time 33 years ago my now hubby and I met at a Hotel to have a Spring Fling. There he stood with only his white crew socks before jumping under the sheets. Do you think Rafe had crew socks or even tidy whities on? That may be way to much information, but what a memory for me!

Finished watching and I still hate that Bo/Carly/Ciara scenes. I don't mind having Bo be there and make everything normal as possible for Ciara BUT Carly had no business being there and Bo should have taken the responsiblity for talking to CIARA about HOPE NOT CARLY. I would have loved for Ciara to ask to Carly's face why her mommy was so mad, I woudl have love to see Carly's answer to that!

~Ana

I did love Carly's outfit. For the first time her short waist was more elongated by the top she had on, no funky belts or empire style, looked real good. I too didn't like Bo taking Ciara into a family setting with Carly so soon after Hope was put in prison. But that being said, Carly was able to help Ciara understand why her mommy wasn't there by relating her own experience. Hopefully Bo can learn from Carly what Ciara needs to know and tell her himself.

They are sure rushing this pregnancy along, Chloe looks twice the size she was in yesterdays episode, or maybe it was the robe she was waring. And there goes another medical oops when Daniel rushed out of the apartment, he said EJ had been shot and he had to do surgery. I know everyone knows EJ, but isn't that private information regardless of who it is that needs the surgery? I give up on any type of reality in these story lines.

Can you imagine what Victor is going to do with Vivian when he learns Izabella was buried next to Pookie in the dog cemetery? That is if Vivian survives her ordeal.

And last, there has been a lot said about whether EJ was shot on the right side or left side. But I did find it interesting today that when Stefano (see I can spell it correctly) was holding EJ there seemed to be a lot of blood on the left corner of the pillow and I don't think we were looking at a mirror image. Not to mention with all the clean up Stefano was doing, I guess he didn't think he could be doing away with evidence, but I guess he was to upset to think about that.

I think those who have Wed. & Thursday's show on tape should watch the scenes again. But first......keep a note pad (See SaraBeth, you set good examples) and use your pause button. Watch each scene several times, each time concentrating on something different. EJ's position in the bed. Sami's hands. the mirror reflections. The BACKGROUND, whether it is as Sami faces EJ, or reflected in that mirror.

You have no idea how it bugs me that when Stefano lifts EJ off that pillow today, the blood is at the uppper left corner of the pillow.

O.K. we have an entrance wound, but probably also an exit wound. At that close range, it would seem unlikely for the bullet to remain lodged. So....o.k., the blood on the pillow is from the exit wound.....perhaps. But why no blood on the pillow where he seemed to be bleeding around that ear area???

And gotta tell you all, if this was Agatha Christie writing, Hercule Poirot would be asking all these questions but coming up with the right answers. LOLOL

I have pretty much been indifferent to Brady since he came back to town. He just was boring to me. More recently, while I did NOT like the way he treated Nicole, ever since then he has been more interesting to me, especially the past couple of days. I really liked his scenes with Maggie. But as much as I like Maggie, I have to disagree with her about Victor being Brady's problem. I don't see that at all. And I really didn't enjoy seeing her follow Victor down to the pier and getting involved with that. I hope she doesn't start trying to reform him. I have been enjoying them a lot lately.

I watched the show in shifts tonight because I got a phonecall in the middle from a dear friend, but it's okay because she's a Days fan too. :wink:

Really fabulous scenes today. I admit I even let go of the fast forward button when Rafe produced the ring. That was a truly romantic proposal. I even liked when Sami quietly mentioned that horses make Rafe sneeze. That was a nice piece of dialogue that shows they know each other well.

I wanted to slap Chloe upside the head when she immediately agreed to give Nicole money to leave town. Chloe who doesn't earn a salary is saying sure, I'll give you Daniel's money to fly off to some island. Um, I think you ought to talk to Daniel about it first. That is a cardinal rule of relationships. Funny how Nicole ... broke, destitute, homeless Nicole ... said she's good for the money and will pay them back.

I really liked his scenes with Maggie. But as much as I like Maggie, I have to disagree with her about Victor being Brady's problem. I don't see that at all. And I really didn't enjoy seeing her follow Victor down to the pier and getting involved with that. I hope she doesn't start trying to reform him. I have been enjoying them a lot lately.

I completely agree and have nothing more to add to this. You covered it perfectly.

OC, you beat me to the post tonight!

I totally want Bo to say "Whew, I'm glad you offered because I was wondering how to get you the heck outta here! Dodged a big bullet there!" but I know that's not going to happened. I think Carly is fishing ....

Carly was fishing for real. Didn't you see the snare she was holding, lol. I would have loved to see the outtake where Bo said that! And LOL Trey to your other post about Pookie's evil twin.

I'm still laughing at all the over-the-top reactions in this thread about Pookie's untimely demise.

I admit that Maggie's comments about Victor to Brady were a bit surprising.......however, I have thought about it......and when I think just about Brady...and how Victor had him move into the mansion (when he had been living with John & Marlena)....and FF several years and he kidnaps him, puts him in rehab, (fine) has him return to Salem, live in the mansion, makes him VP at Titan, .....I would have to agree that Brady has become rather dependent on his grandfather.

This is not the first time Carly has told Bo she would leave if that's what he wanted. Actually, all through their relationship this go 'round, she has been the one to show hesitancy and offer him "outs". She's given that man every "out" under the sun, and he never takes her up on it. It is Bo that has been made pretty much every move, insisting that she live with him, never backing down that he loves her and wants her with him. He's told practically everyone that he loves Carly, even as their relationship has been met with nothing but ridicule and unacceptance. A while back, Carly told Bo that she would rather be hurt than live a lie, and they should end it right then and there if he felt they were a mistake. He said no, he doesn't regret anything (although both admitted to perhaps going into this a bit too fast), blah blah. So, if Bo wants back with Hope, he's certainly not being held back by Carly.

I think Carly just sincerely loves Bo, she always has. She wants what is best for him, even if that isn't her. That's real love right there. And unlike a certain someone, she doesn't play games with him, guilt him, discount his feelings and blame him for everything that goes wrong in HER life. Carly is being written very maturely; with compassion and patience. She's actually being too saintly, if you ask me. She should shake Bo out of his enabling of Hope, tell him he's not to blame for her trying to murder him. Ridiculous!!!!

The Bo and Carly relationship is much more deep and affecting, IMO .... despite, of course, the show giving them one episode a month together solely to prop up the plight of Hope Brady. Carly loves him enough to let him go if that's what he wants. So far, while obviously concerned about Hope, and guilt driving his emotions regarding her, he hasn't been willing to let Carly go. According to CC's tweets about scenes she's filming with Peter, at least two months from now, they are still together and sharing kissing scenes. So, I wonder how they are going to end them to put Bo back in the thankless role of Mr. Hope Brady.

Interesting post...but the bottomline is, if the only time you can get a man is when he's having problems in his marriage, that is truly PATHETIC...and that is what the relationship has been about- a pathetic usage of two beings...Carly using Bo to get through her situation with Lawrence and Bo using Carly to not deal with the issues that have plagued his marriage for the past 16-17 years as well as the issues that have plagued him since July 1990. :idea:If that is a mature relationship, give me puppy love anyday

Carly messed around and fell back in love; Bo thought Hope didn't love him anymore and the feelings he adopted for Carly during Hope's "death" are back- but I never understood those feelings, Mayan wedding and all. I think he loves her, like he "loves" Billie...and Billie has a kid with him...Bo has issues that need to be dealt with internally and in his marriage and Carly refused to understand that early on and now she has to constantly "fish" for information to make her feel good. She is not self sacrificing, she was stupid and now she has to get some validation in order to deal with a situation she could have avoided to begin with. I pity the character, but supposedly she's a smart cookie and maybe that can help her get over herself and this fantasy she's created of having Hope's family, and move on. BTW, tweets I've seen say "Carly kissing on Bo", that's a bit different than sharing kisses...Bo is an empty vessel at this point, not a prize for anyone and certainly not a prize I want in Hope's orbit for a while. He needs as much counseling as she does.

You have no idea how it bugs me that when Stefano lifts EJ off that pillow today, the blood is at the uppper left corner of the pillow.

EJ was lying in the middle of the bed. There were two pillows on the bed and his head is between them, so the right side of his head is against the left corner of the pillow that is on the right side of the bed and that is where we see the blood when Stefano finds him.

Couldn't Stefano's actions, lifting EJ's head from the pillow to cradle it, have caused further injury or complications? Aren't you supposed to NOT MOVE someone in EJ's condition, and get help immediately? It's a good thing Kate had the presence of mind to call 911.

Not exactly the way I saw it, Rioks.....there were 4 pillows on the bed. As we look at the bed, he was laying more to the left side, but middle left. When we see him shot (this is as we look at him) his face is turned to our right, but the blood & wound is to our left...and when Stefano lifts him up, the the RIGHT corner of that pillow is bloody. That part of the pillow was AWAY from his wound.

I think everyone in Salem is bi-polar and neurotic and obsessive and it's quickly spreading to the Spectator...!!! :D :D :D

And PS.....I would suggest everyone listen to Poirot's point of view of this whole shooting matter cause she doesn't miss a thing....!!!

Back