Days of Our Lives - Friday, January 2, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, January 2, 2015

Looks like most Salemites are really not too thrilled with ringing in 2015, probably would like to turn back the hands of time, and ask for a do over. Gloom, misery and dispair has invaded and taken over.

In Daniel's apartment, Nicole is accusing Melanie of telling Eric about her being in Serena's apartment, Melanie is denying, and Daniel walks in, having heard every word. Melanie begins babbling as usual, Nicole is trying to deny, Daniel tells Melanie to leave for her party, will talk later. Mel grabs her coat, scoots out the door, and Daniel goes on a huge rant. Nicole tries to make excuses (and is lying) but Daniel has her number, knows how sheis, and accuses her of not being over Eric. She is trying to claim she was only curious since Serena claimed to be a journalist, but Daniel tells her to leave. Nicole is thinking they can still go to the ball, and ring in the New Year. Nope, he calls the hospital, tells Maxine he will fill in, and will be down stat. He grabs his jacket, telling Nicole to lock the door when she finally leaves, but snoop to her heart's content, because there is nothing about Eric anywhere. He leaves in a huge huff.

Sonny gets a call from someone about the roof for the new club, insists he paid in full already, tries to pretend to Will it is nothing, but eventually tells all, and how it will cost $25,000. Will asks if this is in addition to all that is put in already. Yep, and Sonny can lose everything. But, they are going to celebrate New Year's together, the glasses and champagne is ready. Now Will gets a call from Paul, who has decided he wants the story done on his injury, and being no longer able to pitch. Will tries to make excuses, but Paul figures someone else will be glad to do it. Will agrees, promises a sad looking Sonny he will be back before midnight and they will toast in the New Year. Out the door he goes.

John & Marlena meet up in Horton Square, run into Paul, who is recognized by John, who is a big baseball fan. Paul is rather rude, Marlena asks how things are going with his therapy, Paul says fine, 100%. He abruptly takes off, John wonders what is his problem, but then he & Marlena go to sit at a restaurant table, he is feeling awkward, but finally blurts out that he missed her so much. She says she missed him so much as well. Smiles.

In the park, a long drawn out conversation between Paige & JJ, with her wanting to know why he is breaking up with her, why he says he is not good enough. She pesters interminably, until he finally says that while she was gone, he moved on, there was someone else. Paige gets angry, he knew she really wasn't gone of her own choice, blah, blah. She demands to know who it was, EJ isn't answering, Rory & another guy comes along, asking if JJ is going to party. Yep, JJ is, and Paige was just leaving. She sadly does, but then JJ tells Rory to go off, leave him alone.

Melanie runs into Brady in the square, is all miserable, tells Brady why. He gets them hot chocolate, gives her a pep talk, then takes her to a special spot he knows about.

Serena has thrown Nicole's plant in the waste basket, checks her folder of e-mails, figures Nicole looked thru those, then opens the safe, breathes a huge sigh of relief, saying thank goodness Nicole didn't think to look here. Eric arrives, apoligizes for telling her the news on the phone, but she is o.k. She figures Nicole is having a difficult time letting go of her feelings for Eric, and she, herself, knows how difficult that is. They leave, go to the Pub. Caroline is babbling about some bottle of champagne or wine that Eric bought for her once, how she saved it for a special occasion, and this is it. She tries to open the bottle, cuts her finger, Eric is going to take her to get it fixed, promises Serena he will be back.
She waits around, some guy tries to hit on her, she brushes him off, grabs her coat and leaves.

Nicole is sitting in the dark, reading the tickets to the ball, then tearing them up. She decides to call someone, decides it is much better to do it in person. She is hurrying along near the Pub, bumps into Serena, awkwardly, they both wish the other a Happy New year. Nicole tries to rush off, she is on her way somewhere, but Serena stops her. Nicole is not going anywhere.

Derek has brought the champagne & glasses paul ordered, offers to come in and open the bottle, just as Will arrives. Paul says he will take it from there, and, in the room, starts whining about how someone recognized him earlier, and he knows it will soon come where no one will any more. His career over, Paul is feeling very sorry for himself. Will trying to be positive, he can coach, sports cast, yada, yada, but Paul is very negative. Will is going to leave, Paul insists he have champagne with him. He pours, both toast and sip. Will seems antsy to leave, but Paul is talking keeping him there, steps closer to Will, who looks a bit uncomfortable. They are standing just a few inches away from each other.

Sonny has gotten a call, thanks the person for letting him know. He paces, sits down with his tin container of notes with his yearly "intention", reading a couple. Get Will to love me, Marry the man I love. He writes 2015 at the top of a piece of paper, writes something, putting it back in the container, closing the lid. He is pacing again, it is late, we are hearing fireworks. Sonny looks at a pic of him & Will, says Happy New Year, Will, wherever you are, grabs his jacket and leaves.

JJ is looking up in the sky at the fireworks, as he stands alone in the park. Paige is in the square, doing the same thing.

John & Marlena stroll the square, watching the fireworks, he kisses her lightly, she smiles and cuddles up cozily next to him.

Brady has taken Melanie to some special spot in the park, with a terrific view of the fireworks. She did not know you could see them so well from here. They watch, he wishes her a happy new year, kissing her a short "friend" kiss. She looks at him, then gets up very close and personal, grabs his face, and is planting a long "more than friends" kiss on him.He is returning the kiss, rather enthusiastically.

Not even all couples featured. And those that were shown were outside at midnight in the dead of winter with lightweight coats watching the fireworks, in the Midwest. I can hardly wait to watch when the show is on in my timezone. Sheesh, if you are going to write 6 months in advance of airing I guess these things happen. Wonder if the 4th of July will have actors in coats as it's unseasonably cool in Los Angeles now??

So here are my thoughts. Nope, scratch that : Here is my rant :

- Who the heck calls a pseudo journalist/writer to finish an interview, on New Years Eve, at night ? Stupid, contrived way to put Paul and Will in a scene together and to separate Will and Sonny. Add to that the fact that Sonny now looks like a complete fool, when he's supposed to be so good in business. And, also, what kind of contractor/assistant/whatever works, again, on New Years Eve, at midnight ? :rolleyes::angry:

- So Daniel, the great doctor, amazing man, perfect friend/lover/savior, though he has the right to be somewhat angry at Nicole, can't find it in his heart to at least try to understand her ? Nope, he goes to the hospital, in a foul mood, bites Maxine's head off, before toasting with her, to "better judgment". Does that include him almost sleeping with Kristen :sick: or do the harsh judgments only apply to Nicole ? :beat: (And to think I was rooting for Dan and Nicole... guess TIIC have different agendas)

- What a treat it was seeing fun Eric yet again, today. :rolleyes: I can't wait until we find out Serena is indeed a true villain. I for one hope she is. And after today, she is definitely hiding something... and I'm sure it's not good. Nicole is right : that woman has had an agenda, befriending Melanie in Europe. Oh, and I hope Nicole does not let Serena tear her up : let's have Nicole fight back, or walk away, but please, no Serena harping on Nicole.

- JJ and Paige : How numbingly boring are they ? I DON'T CARE !!!!!

- Marlena and John : Nice scenes, but too few of them. Why oh why couldn't we have more of them instead of JJ and Paige ? Oh, right, because the youngsters are so much more entertaining than the vets. :rolleyes::angry:

- Finally : Melanie and Brady : Sorry, I felt nothing, except the disturbing feeling Brady was kissing a big baby. And she didn't even have a boo boo after all ! (Though she did shed a few unnecessary tears in HTS)

Really, this was no fun. No fun at all.

No offense, Poirot, as I always appreciate your summaries.

I'm probably alone on this but I always wanted Melanie and Brady to get together!! So this was gold for me. I feel bad that Nicole can never catch a break. I hope that when she does land a love, these other idiots just stand around dazed and confused scratching thier heads (and whatever else) and wishing it had been them!! She'll probably blow the top off the Serena mystery and then they will think she is the cat's pjs and by that time she won't give a fiddlers flute about either one of them! Enough already.

Looks like most Salemites are really not too thrilled with ringing in 2015, probably would like to turn back the hands of time, and ask for a do over. Gloom, misery and despair has invaded and taken over.
And yet Brady told Nurse Betty Boop that 2015 seemed to be off to a great start. Is he back on drugs?? Just a stone's throw from the K-mansion entrance, Sonny was facing possible bankruptcy, a washed-up pitcher appeared to be ready to make a move on Will, JJ and Paige were wallowing in misery, and poor Nicole's plans for a fun evening with Dr. McScruffy lay in ruins. Elsewhere, Eve, Anne Milbauer, and Jeannie T. were probably not looking forward to a fun-filled New Year. And worst of all, an inoffensive potted orchid was unceremoniously dumped in the trash by a woman foolish enough to think that Salem's leading sourpuss is a catch. Clearly, whatever Christmas cheer Santa Claus brought to Salem has completely evaporated.

Can Nicole's New Year Resolution be to make new friends? Or hang out with Rafe more. Scratch that. Let her move on with Rafe.

I almost fell sleep reading about JJ and Paige.

I see contrivance has paid Will and Sonny a visit.

I can't even with Brady and Melanie.

I don't understand why Nicole and Serena are acting silly over Eric. Sure he's pretty but he's as petulant as Brady is dumb.

Poor John and Marlena having to exist in the same town as these morons.

Worst New Year's Eve episode I've seen in 25 years of watching this show. Bah humbug!

John and Marlena on for less than 5 minutes while we get the same scene over and over and over and over again with JJ and Paige? NO! At least Eve wasn't on.

Marlena and John both looked STUNNING though! Loved that blue dress!

As I ranted on twitter earlier, Serena is most definitely playing Eric. I have no doubt about it. Not coincidental that she keeps trashing Nicole to Eric. And we know she already lied based on those emails because she asked Melanie for information about Nicole yet based on the emails, she already knew who Nicole was. And I loved that Nicole asked Daniel about the Serena-Melanie connection. I need for Nicole to keep investigating Serena and have her Rafe help her. Then when the truth ultimately comes out, I need Eric to BEG for HER forgiveness.

I did however like that Eric defended Nicole again when Serena asked if she was nuts. There is already a pattern forming here. I know that he subsequently mentioned calling Hope but this isn't the first time he has defended Nicole to Serena.

JJ/Paige/Melanie/Brady/McScruffy: I DO NOT CARE

I feel like Days is so cheap now. Yes, the storylines are gloomy, but the show would be much more fun if they had these stories playing out a big New Year's bash. Like back in the old days! Everyone would be all dressed up and there would be music and dancing and a great set. All of the actors would be there, even ones that didn't have a front burner story. Private conversations would take place on the balcony or maybe a hotel room and there would be near misses of people overhearing secrets, etc. All of today's show felt so disconnected from each other and a waste of an event.

Eric is sort of acting (about Nicole) the way some people do about a loved one. I can complain, whine, yell, about how ridiculous, asinine, my spouse/child/sibling/parent/best friend is......but don't YOU do so. LOL

Thank you for watching and for writing the summary. I may click through and see if I can find the John and Marlena scene. I don't want to see Daniel trash Nicole. I don't want to see Sonny, Will or Paul. I don't want to see Melanie and Brady kissing. I don't want to see Eric and Serena, and I sure don't want to see JJ and Paige! :(

We didn't see Eve except when JJ had a flashback. I closed my eyes. At least,
we haven't heard that music in awhile.

When Daniel left Nicole in his apartment (not the best idea) he put on
the scarf she gave him.

I don't think Paul ordered the champagne. Derrick said it was compliments
of the hotel. I think Derrick took it up himself and wanted his own date
with Paul.

Best part of the show was John and Marlena, Their scenes were too short,
but they were happy ones

I'm far more interested in Derrick's agenda than in Paul - he should be paired with Melanie because they're both giant toddlers.

Meanwhile I am starting to suspect Serrrrrena works for a certain Italian mafioso who can only reach Salem by telephone. She is up to something. (And, congrats to the Days writers, you have killed my enthusiasm for a favoured actress in less than 20 episodes. BRAVO!!)

Poor Nicole.

I wish Maxine would just Kiss Daniel and get it over with. ICK.

Will is an idiot. He's the only (warning: term to be used loosely) writer stupid enough to think that Paul could carry out his threat to find another writer for the "magic article" so late on ANY day, let alone on a holiday evening.

Really not buying this Sonny business, either. DA PLOT stinks.

LOVED John & Marlena but would it really have hurt them to show more of this couple? I don't know anyone who cares about JJ/Paige.

I must say that I watched JJ & Paige...the "sad" story that JJ didn't want to tell her.... and I kept Yelling at my TV "TELL HER IT's HER MOTHER!!!! Tell her that her very own loving mother sure was giving out some loving to JJ himself!! That while she was telling Paige that her own father was in such bad shape that they didn't want to tell his wife, she was back in Salem for an encore!!! TELL HER!! What do you have to lose at this point? If you're breaking up and she really wants to know...let her know!! Nothing more to lose by doing that...then, let her sweet, loving, caring mother come clean. UGH!! AND, it was 83o here in Florida and my doors & windows were all open...the neighbors must have thought I was having a fight with someone!! :confused:

I feel bad about JJ and this stupid story because I just want better for him!!! Start making some right decisions!

Oooooh I didn't think of Serena and the Italian Mafioso but it is interesting. Not feeling Brady and Melanie - awww her daddy is mad at her, she HATES Nicole! (worst scene of the show)

Thanks for the summary. But jeez, seems like NONE of the holidays are cheery in Salem this year.

I won't even comment on the youngsters because nobody cares about JJ & Paige. And Brady and Melanie?:sick:

Poor Nicole. Everyone falling apart around her, as usual. But I hope she keeps looking into Serena's past, as she's clearly hiding something. Maybe Rafe will help Nicole.

I'm not a huge Marlena & John fan, but they by far had the most enjoyable scenes in the show. Loved it.

The Paul/Will/Sonny nonsense is too contrived. I wish Paul would move on with Derrick instead of flirting with Will and Sonny.

Paige is lucky that JJ is breaking up with her. Some guys would seal the deal with her, and let any Eve chips fall where they may. This way, when Paige finds out about the two-night stand, she may still want JJ... given plenty of time to think about it.

And speaking of Eve, I can't wait to hear J.G. Wentworth's lump sum offer to her if she tries to cash in her structured settlement from Jen. On second thought, I doubt Wentworth would touch the deal because future royalties are an unknown. I guess Eve will have to stay in Salem, so Jen can walk the checks over to her.

JJ did not reveal Eve as the "other female" only because he really does love Paige, and knows it would hurt her terribly. However, Paige really needs to know that her mother cannot be trusted, and has manipulated her constantly, since she arrived back in Salem. She has told lies, half truths, plotted and planned. Paige trusts her mother, and has believed in her. She knows her mom did a couple of things, and forgave her. But Paige really needs a wake up call.

As far as Eve goes, once was bad enough...but the fact she went after JJ a second time...She doesn't deserve an ounce of respect from anyone.

Back